I apologized to my brother. I still feel bad.

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Over the years I was pretty mean to my brother and I feel bad about it. I apologized to him today saying ''I'm sorry I haven't been a good brother to you'', but I feel bad because I didn't get into specific sins where I was mean to him. He told me it's okay, but I just feel bad about how I mistreated him. Will Christ still forgive me even without mentioning fights I caused and all? Thank you.

Last edited:

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Over the years I was pretty mean to my brother and I feel bad about it. I apologized to him today saying ''I'm sorry I haven't been a good brother to you'', but I feel bad because I didn't get into specific sins where I was mean to him. He told me it's okay, but I just feel very bad about how I mistreated him. Will Christ still forgive me even without mentioning fights I caused and all? Thank you.

Bring him a gift and apologies for all, this will bring you closer together I'm sure.

Reactions: Jeremy444777
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Over the years I was pretty mean to my brother and I feel bad about it. I apologized to him today saying ''I'm sorry I haven't been a good brother to you'', but I feel bad because I didn't get into specific sins where I was mean to him. He told me it's okay, but I just feel very bad about how I mistreated him. Will Christ still forgive me even without mentioning fights I caused and all? Thank you.
Look at it from your brother's point of view. Ask him.

BTW, I have a real problem with people who apologize to me for things they consider worse than I do. Also, the fact my brother may have been a jerk doesn't mean he isn't (or even wasn't) a good brother. The way some people afflict others over their own sin drives me crazy. Deal with it, and be done with it. From now on, just treat him with respect and humility. Don't make him pay for your sin.

Upvote 0

Jeremy444777

Aug 6, 2018
New Orleans
✟22,222.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bring him a gift and apologies for all, this will bring you closer together I'm sure.

We are pretty close right now. We still live in the same house, pray together, work together, joke, ETC. I apologized because I felt this heaviness on my heart and he got upset at me because I was bossing him around which I shouldn't have. Do you think I should still go into details and apologize further?

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes!
Rest in peace. You did what you had to do.
We can't go by our feelings...but you'll find that the more time passes on, the better you'll feel.

Hope this brings you closer to your brother.
We all do dumb things...it's nice that you did the right thing.

Forgiving is a matter of the will...not a matter of our feelings.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Bless you for the strong emotion in trying to reconcile. That is a blessing to hear in a world where we often wonder if people even have emotions anymore. lol
You have apologized, So I say let it go and love him while you have him bro.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Your brother forgave you, graciously accept that. A new beginning for you and him. Amen! Rebuild your relationship in love.

As far as Jesus ... if the Holy Spirit is impressing on your heart and bringing to your mind specific sins ... then yes ... confess them specifically and receive His forgiveness as well so your heart can be fully changed. Confessing to Christ with a sincere heart ... absolutely He will forgive you.

May the Lord bring peace to your heart and bring you and your brother into and enduring and loving friendship. Amen

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
We are pretty close right now. We still live in the same house, pray together, work together, joke, ETC. I apologized because I felt this heaviness on my heart and he got upset at me because I was bossing him around which I shouldn't have. Do you think I should still go into details and apologize further?

Yes, I would, but my brother lives in another state and he dont care to talk to me at all, if I had the chance I would do anything to be with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It's great that you have reconciled with your brother! I pray that you will have God's wisdom as to whether you need to take further action.

It may be that you need to clear the air with specifics, but I know that God can make it clear to you if this is needed. I do know that many years ago my sister and I had a clear-the-air session, and we were much closer afterwards....

Of course, Christ forgives you when you confess your sins to Him! 1 John 1:9 says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Upvote 0