London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus described Himself as the Way, the Truth and the Life, the only access to the Father.

Part of our commitment to Jesus is to listen to Him as Lord and saviour, to uphold the truth of love above domination, giving to others being more important than selfish ambition or gain.

Whether people are left or right wing in their politics, which exists in christian communities, the principle of truth stands above all things.

It is strange therefore that the term Christian can be linked to lies, invented conspiracy theories, slander of innocents, call to civil war against an enemy that does not exist.
What also concerns me is those who hold that how we walk has no bearing on our salvation are the first to spread and hold to these positions without even wishing to honestly look at what can be found, and accept boundaries of knowledge and the need to trust our fellow man and that the Lord is sovereign over it all.

The use of prophecy and the prosperity gospel seems also to have become political, maybe because the preachers themselves know the vulnerability they have to accusations of exploitation and fraud in their claims of supernatural influence in return for gifts of money.

Be assured there are conspiracies of sorts everywhere, and good things being done as well as evil. We are called to bless and be a light of optimism of the power of Gods love working in our hearts to bring about the beginning of the Kingdom.

So be encouraged, the truth will come out, and His gospel will walk on.

God bless you

Do you agree?

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is strange therefore that the term Christian can be linked to lies, invented conspiracy theories, slander of innocents, call to civil war against an enemy that does not exist.
What also concerns me is those who hold that how we walk has no bearing on our salvation are the first to spread and hold to these positions without even wishing to honestly look at what can be found, and accept boundaries of knowledge and the need to trust our fellow man and that the Lord is sovereign over it all.

The use of prophecy and the prosperity gospel seems also to have become political, maybe because the preachers themselves know the vulnerability they have to accusations of exploitation and fraud in their claims of supernatural influence in return for gifts of money.
The position of a lot of Fundamentalist Christians since the election results became clear has prompted me to do a lot of thinking. Most of them uphold premillennial theology, which exploits the schadenfreude in the book of Revelation and looks forward to an End Time scenario in which born-again Christians will relish the torments of their enemies from the safe vantage point of heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Part of our commitment to Jesus is to listen to Him as Lord and saviour, to uphold the truth of love above domination, giving to others being more important than selfish ambition or gain. Whether people are left or right wing in their politics, which exists in Christian communities, the principle of truth stands above all things.

Hello LightLoveHope, the Bible tells us of our great need to love others, and that apart from love, nothing that we do, say, know or possess (including the truth) means anything .. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. We are to "speak the truth ~in love~" .. Ephesians 4:15, and always remember that "love .. does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices ~with~ the truth" .. 1 Corinthians 13:6.

Since I'd like to be certain that I understand what you mean (particularly your statements above in bold) apart from guessing ;), I'm hoping that you would elaborate/be a little more specific, and perhaps share some real world (political) examples of what you are referring to with us.

--David

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello LightLoveHope, the Bible tells us of our great need to love others, and that apart from love, nothing that we do, say, know or possess (including the truth) means anything .. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. We are to "speak the truth ~in love~" .. Ephesians 4:15, and always remember that "love .. does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices ~with~ the truth" .. 1 Corinthians 13:6.

Since I'd like to be certain that I understand what you mean (particularly your statements above in bold) apart from guessing ;), I'm hoping that you would elaborate/be a little more specific, and perhaps share some real world (political) examples of what you are referring to with us.

--David
Truth. All statements made by anyone need confirmation. One explanation is only that, one view. Another view changes the conclusions. With all facts comes scale. Scale like Jesus cursing a fig tree. Did it wither instantly or by the next day or both? The meaning is it withered, not when.

So election mistakes, small scale fraud, reported figures on TV get corrected realtime.

Facts are the actual picture confirmed audited etc. If facts do not matter only the impression, moves to keep the picture will be used at all costs.

So we saw actions and words to maintain an impression not find reality.
Lies, easily provable, were spread with no concern as to what was true.

That is simply delusion, deception a falsehood. I personally did not care who won, just they won fairly. It became obvious truth was no longer held high only winning.

In Jesus we have won, there is no part of victory outside this. The argument has always been no compromise, to stay in the world is to lose it all.

Elections are about trust, and honouring those who run it. No individual can check it, it's a system with its own audit. Cause a redesign, know it's a compromise and the power is in verification and trust.

God bless you

Upvote 0