Visit site
✟15,272.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One of the most famous Bible quotes is the statement of Jesus, “I am the Light of the world!” What is not so often mentioned is that Jesus also told us we are the Light of the world. “You are the light of the world....” (Matthew 5:14 ,NIV)

This is, of course, only true when we are devoted to representing God, to doing God’s Will, and not when we are focused on getting as much worldly pleasure as possible while we are here. Yet when I pray for Divine Guidance, and ask for God’s Light to shine through me, I am the Light of the world!

I hardly ever hear Christians say this about themselves, even though saying that you are the Light of the world would be, as I understand it, fully in harmony with representing God, with following Jesus. And I am just wondering about the members of this part of the Christian Forum:

Do you see yourself and talk about yourself as the Light of the world?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One of the most famous Bible quotes is the statement of Jesus, “I am the Light of the world!” What is not so often mentioned is that Jesus also told us we are the Light of the world. “You are the light of the world....” (Matthew 5:14 ,NIV)

This is, of course, only true when we are devoted to representing God, to doing God’s Will, and not when we are focused on getting as much worldly pleasure as possible while we are here. Yet when I pray for Divine Guidance, and ask for God’s Light to shine through me, I am the Light of the world!

I hardly ever hear Christians say this about themselves, even though saying that you are the Light of the world would be, as I understand it, fully in harmony with representing God, with following Jesus. And I am just wondering about the members of this part of the Christian Forum:

The " Light" is His Holy Spirit who dwells in each and every true beliver. Unspoken Love.
Blessings!

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally I claim to represent the counter-culture of the Kingdom, which yes is light in that it is a way of life contrary to the ways and will of man. It shines a light and exposes how we have everything backwards. Think of the war vs anti-war culture of the 60's. God from the beginning of our existence has asked for only one thing, the one thing we refuse.. which is put His will before our own. There is light and wisdom in doing so by removing focus on self and putting it on others.

Upvote 0

Thijs Hottenhuis

Dec 3, 2023
Valkenburg Lb
Visit site
✟15,272.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally I claim to represent the counter-culture of the Kingdom, which yes is light in that it is a way of life contrary to the ways and will of man. It shines a light and exposes how we have everything backwards. Think of the war vs anti-war culture of the 60's. God from the beginning of our existence has asked for only one thing, the one thing we refuse.. which is put His will before our own. There is light and wisdom in doing so by removing focus on self and putting it on others.
Thank you, yes, that is the core of the matter, isn’t it? Letting go of the will of the personality and embracing the will of our Heavenly Father. And then letting His Light shine through us. Hallelujah!

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0