Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the test of how many Christians have actually read the Bible. Can President Trump scare on-the-fence Christians into voting for him?
In context... Trump was talking about the economy and China, and how for a very long time, China has had a HUGE one sided advantage and that no previous president had the desire or strength to stand up to them. So, he accepted the challenge and called himself IN THAT REGARD, the chosen one. Dumb statement but NOT a religious one in any manner or form! As a Christian I see his statement as another not-well-thought-out one but not one that bothers me spiritually at all. It wasn't a religious statement.

• Informative
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In context... Trump was talking about the economy and China, and how for a very long time, China has had a HUGE one sided advantage and that no previous president had the desire or strength to stand up to them. So, he accepted the challenge and called himself IN THAT REGARD, the chosen one. Dumb statement but NOT a religious one in any manner or form! As a Christian I see his statement as another not-well-thought-out one but not one that bothers me spiritually at all. It wasn't a religious statement.

No, his statement was directed at Christains, especially saying if they vote for a democrate they are against Israel. Christain from both parties know God holds Israel in high regard, and I, a Democrate, have prayed for Israel. Many Democrates love Israel and some visit annually. He spewed this nonsense for a reason, and that reason is unschooled Christians.. I know you love him, but Trump is a bad actor who would sell you out for a soda.

Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@mods, can we stop the politics section from showing in the new threads feed?
50% of the posts are about Trump. Sick of seeing them.
My apologies. It has been awhile since I've been in this forum, which is totally different from what I was used to.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@mods, can we stop the politics section from showing in the new threads feed?
50% of the posts are about Trump. Sick of seeing them.
So, I looked and at the time you posted that, going back 23 hours (as far as it would go,) there were 5 out of 76 new threads that mentioned or were about Trump. That’s 6%. Pretty sad that you would just make that up.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My apologies. It has been awhile since I've been in this forum, which is totally different from what I was used to.

You didn't do anything wrong posting this thread, so you have nothing to apologize for.

Upvote 0

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So, I looked and at the time you posted that, going back 23 hours (as far as it would go,) there were 5 out of 76 new threads that mentioned or were about Trump. That’s 6%. Pretty sad that you would just make that up.
I was making a point. This is a Christian forum, not a political forum.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was making a point. This is a Christian forum, not a political forum.
this is Christian forum that has several different forums in it. two of those are about politics, if you don't want to read them simply don't click on them, seems easy enough to ignore them. :wave:
tulc(isn't sure why this would be a problem) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
this is Christian forum that has several different forums in it. two of those are about politics, if you don't want to read them simply don't click on them, seems easy enough to ignore them. :wave:
Coming from the person who spams Trump hate posts...I really don't care about your opinion, no offense.

Upvote 0

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Looking through your posts, literally 99% of them are about Trump.
Why even bother with a Christian forum if all you post is Trump.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yep, I agree.

Remember we live in a world in which headlines bring money and context may not.

Faith is not an exception. The more melodramatic you make things the more money you make. Everything is about the bottom line today. The media is the same as the quote 1% unquote, but people believe they aren't if they manipulate things enough to make them believe it. Which - they are doing a pretty good job of.

Although (on the other hand), it is the reason that they have approval ratings almost lower than congress. Sensationalism will only ride for so long. Goodness knows they have been doing it for so many years - when will the bottom drop out? lol no doubt after Trump! He is making them to much money right now!

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Coming from the person who spams Trump hate posts...I really don't care about your opinion (snip)
...then why did you respond? It shouldn't be hard to ignore threads you don't want to read. :wave:
no offense.
None taken. People often say things like the above to me, if it bothered me I'd have stopped posting in these threads a long time ago. ;)
tulc(hopes MasterYourLife has a great night) :clap:

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It was the same with Obama. Heck, it even started before him I think! If a poster's stuff bothers you? Just use the block button. I think I have two people on ignore. I don't mind people that disagree, but its was the irrational nature of the two I blocked that didn't do anything for me.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I post about things I want to post about. He's President, I like talking about politics, these forums are about that. I'm honestly curious, do you go to sports forums and ask why they post about sports? This forum is about politics so we talk about politics. :wave:

uhmmm...I've been posting in CF through three different administrations, in fact, I predate the politics forums on CF. Wow...I sound really old. :eek:
tulc(hopes that answers MasterYourLife's questions) :)

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was the same with Obama. Heck, it even started before him I think! If a poster's stuff bothers you? Just use the block button. I think I have two people on ignore. I don't mind people that disagree, but its was the irrational nature of the two I blocked that didn't do anything for me.
I wonder if blocking someone keeps you from seeing their threads if they show up in the feed? :scratch:
tulc(just thought about that) :wave:

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if blocking someone keeps you from seeing their threads if they show up in the feed? :scratch:
tulc(just thought about that) :wave:

I have no idea. I haven't seen anything from them since. It's been a couple of years. I could have forgot their screen names, and maybe read them everyday for all I know! lololol!!!

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Good call, didn't know there was a blocking function.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.