I am not sure where to put this question.

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was wondering if Satan keeps us from praying without ceasing or do we do that on our own. It seems that whenever I pray, the phone rings or something else happens. Is it from Satan or is it a coincidence? I know the question is quite silly and there is probably no morality in that question. But could it also be a coincidence? Are there such thing as a coincidence? Do coincidences even exist?

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I personally do not believe in coincidences; even randomness is more precise than coincidence.

I understand your question. I would love to give some feedback, but I will first suggest where to place it:

Struggles by Christians
Christian Apologetics
Christian Philosophy and Ethics
Christian Persecution
Christian Advice
Testimony

If you choose, you could ask a chaplain. You will only receive advice from a chaplain.

Upvote 0

chapmic

Follower of Jesus
Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2014
✟50,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You can constantly pray in the Spirit. At work or driving I pray to the Lord, I have a conversation with him and I think about what would Jesus do and count my blessings. There are many ways to pray besides kneeling in a quiet place. I hope that helps. God bless!

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering if Satan keeps us from praying without ceasing or do we do that on our own. It seems that whenever I pray, the phone rings or something else happens. Is it from Satan or is it a coincidence? I know the question is quite silly and there is probably no morality in that question. But could it also be a coincidence? Are there such thing as a coincidence? Do coincidences even exist?

I have often wondered what pray without ceasing means - is it the same as what some people call practicing the presence - acknowledging the presence of Jesus with us?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God doesn't require you to pray 24/7. He knows that you are praying even if it's a short prayer.

Matthew 6: 7-8 said:
But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Upvote 0