Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. I am tired of being depressed and in pain all the time. I am desperate for a miraculous healing. I really want to be healed. I am so tired of suffering all the time. I wonder, though, if God isn't allowing me to suffer much like He did some of the saints so they can offer up their sufferings and bring grace to people. If He is allowing me to suffer for this reason then I gladly accept it. But I am tired of being so depressed and in pain all the time.

That said, I have wanted a miraculous healing for a long time because I want to be a nun. Still, I know that just having a history of mental illness makes that very unlikely even if I were to experience a miraculous healing.

That said, I don't know why I am posting this. I guess I just want some input from other Catholics. Should I just resign myself to the fact that I am meant to suffer a lot or should I continue to hope and pray for a healing miracle?

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you should discuss this with your priest.

But I will pray for you & your peace & comfort.

Thanks Michie. I have told him about my desire to be healed in the past but he didn't have much to say.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, you should probably go into more detail like you did in the op.

I just think this is too important for me to muck it up with advise till you talk to your priest.

Oh okay. I think I kind of did go into detail with him but as I said, he didn't really say much. I told him how I want to be healed so I can become a nun and stuff. More or less he simply listened to me. He knows I want to be healed.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh okay. I think I kind of did go into detail with him but as I said, he didn't really say much. I told him how I want to be healed so I can become a nun and stuff. More or less he simply listened to me. He knows I want to be healed.
Well the questions you ask are really unanswerable imo. Of course you should continue to pray for a healing but it is all in God's will. But we are a people of hope. So resigning yourself is basically closing doors.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well the questions you ask are really unanswerable imo. Of course you should continue to pray for a healing but it is all in God's will. But we are a people of hope. So resigning yourself is basically closing doors.

Oh okay. I think I see where you are coming from. Thank you so much Michie. :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

underheaven

Jul 19, 2011
in a caravan in the sky
✟1,218.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh okay. I think I see where you are coming from. Thank you so much Michie. :hug:
Well I am healed after a long long journey. I found priests to be of no value there,as even
the best are themselves lonely and in pain.

My healing came from a direct relationship with Christ ,and His words in the gospels.
Also books by Phillip Yancey, Henri Nuwen.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, to clarify Ava. You need to continue to pray. Prayer is always good. Even if you are repeating the same request. Remember the story of the widow & the king in Scripture.

Prayer can be yes, no, not now. It also opens up up to hearing God.

Sometimes even in difficulty we can find the peace that God can give. Sometimes we find a new vocation.

Just don't give up hon. Thats all I'm saying. Take one day at a time & do the best you can. But don't stop knocking on that door.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
When I think of how much of Jesus' public ministry was senting healing hurting people--physically, emotionally, and spiritually--I know that he wants us all to be healed.

I have attended a retreat presented by Fr. Matthew Linn, SJ. He, his brother and sister-in-law have spent over 30 years and written numerous books on healing and forgiveness. They give retreats and conferences and have many books and tapes and CD's.

Dennis, Sheila & Matt Linn give retreats and seminars on processes for healing and reconciliation that integrate spirituality with psychology, medicine and science.

Linn Ministries

I think that a comprehensive and wholistic approach might give you the healing you so desperately want, the healing that God so desperately wants you to have.

Prayers for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hi everyone. I am tired of being depressed and in pain all the time. I am desperate for a miraculous healing. I really want to be healed. I am so tired of suffering all the time. I wonder, though, if God isn't allowing me to suffer much like He did some of the saints so they can offer up their sufferings and bring grace to people. If He is allowing me to suffer for this reason then I gladly accept it. But I am tired of being so depressed and in pain all the time.

That said, I have wanted a miraculous healing for a long time because I want to be a nun. Still, I know that just having a history of mental illness makes that very unlikely even if I were to experience a miraculous healing.

That said, I don't know why I am posting this. I guess I just want some input from other Catholics. Should I just resign myself to the fact that I am meant to suffer a lot or should I continue to hope and pray for a healing miracle?

:hug: Sometimes I also wonder why my difficulties are so ongoing, though they are of a different type. But I do believe God allows this for the good of souls, so we can offer suffering to Him. It's not wrong to wish for a healing, but also resign yourself to His will, and say His words, "But not my will be done, but Yours, O Lord".

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Offer it up... every day offer it up.
So whatever happens in the future - you got some good out of it.

There are some good tips from doctors on helping with fibro [if thats what you have] i have even read of cures [but cannot verify]. Help may include some form of exercise.
You have to google search for it and talk to a doctor.

God Bless you, keeping praying for His Will to be done. I am sure if you were meant to be a sister, it would happen. IF not - chances are you are doing more than you know offering up your infirmity.

Which ever way life takes you - do it in Christ.
Peace.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
My life has been a non-stop roller-coaster. I often wonder why it keeps going on the way it's going, but then I remember James 1:

2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

I think of these stressful situations as different things I must go through to grow as a Christian. Stay in almost constant prayer/communication with the Lord and let Him know that you need help. (I also go to doctor's for help with any physical problems I might be having.)

Praying for you... that the Lord surround you with His love and His peace as you struggle with these issues. May you feel a calm joy as you know these things that you are going through will bring you closer to God.
Amen,
C J

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone. Thanks for the advice. I do pray for a healing every day. I have also told God that I am open to whatever His will is for me. I am resigned to His will. I want His will above all. If I am called to suffer much then I am okay with that because it means I have much suffering to offer up and can therefore help God bring more grace to others.

I know I feel called to become a saint and I try to live as holy a life as possible but I don't think I'm ever going to become a saint by complaining about my desire for healing. :(

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Hey everyone. Thanks for the advice. I do pray for a healing every day. I have also told God that I am open to whatever His will is for me. I am resigned to His will. I want His will above all. If I am called to suffer much then I am okay with that because it means I have much suffering to offer up and can therefore help God bring more grace to others.

I know I feel called to become a saint and I try to live as holy a life as possible but I don't think I'm ever going to become a saint by complaining about my desire for healing. :(

Your only a human Ave. We all suffer and we all complain. There is nothing shameful about wanting to be healed. Don't give up seeking Gods face. Pray ceaselessly.

Christ suffered greatly, Mother Teresa suffered. I just mentioned this on another post, we don't go around pain, we go through it.

Lord I pray for Ave Maria. I pray Lord that you will ease her suffering and pain. I pray Lord that you will strengthen her and pour out your holy spirit upon her.

Upvote 0