I am being called what do I do?

Kricket_temper

Jun 13, 2004
Salem, Arkansas
✟7,677.00
Faith
Christian
I have been called to be a preacher since I was just out of high school, but I have always been scared to follow this calling. When ever God has given me a chance to preach His Word to people I can feel him working through me, but it scares me at the same time. I feel so unworthy of the privilege to preach his Word and to instruct others.

I have just recently been feeling the pull of the Holy Spirit to enter my calling. I have no formal education and am a single father (my daughter is with me full time). I don't even know where to begin to follow this calling at this point in my life.

What would be some suggestions that could help me. Do I just start preaching on the streets or go to churches and say "hey God has called me to preach could I please preach here" (not having formal education to be a minister makes people look at me skeptically at times)

I will continue to pray on this, but would be grateful for any input on this you all may have.

Agapao In Christ,

Kricket

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Kricket,

Do you have an undergraduate degree? If so, you can attend a seminary and that can help you gain experience. If you do not have an undergraduate degree, then I would recommend a Bible college for some experience as you will receive and undergraduate degree but with the same feel as a seminary.

I would ask your local church if you can help and be a lay minister. I'm sure your church will give you chances to preach the Word of God.

servant4ever

Upvote 0

Ryan Spence

Jun 14, 2004
✟120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Kricket_temper,

I do not know your history, but if you are feeling a strong need to preach/teach the bible, I would recomend starting with baby steps. I know most every church needs people to teach the gradeschool kids. This is something you could probably jump right into without making a huge commitment. If this works well for you then God may begin to open other doors. Hope this helps.

Your brother in Christ,
Ryan

Upvote 0
J

J3sus Is My L0rd

Hey!!

Well AMEN to God that you have been called into the ministry! Hallelujah! Don't be scared to answer that calling - a lot of times when things look scary and big and we can't do them on our own - it's TRUE!! God will call us into things where we don't feel comfortable so we HAVE to rely on Him. But let me tell you this - if He has called you into preaching, then He has a time, place, and message for every sermon you will ever say. Ask God for wisdom and guidance and direction; don't worry, He won't leave you hanging. He might make you wait till the last second before you know, but He will be there. May God bless you, just keep praying.

-Brandon :prayer:

Upvote 0