I am afraid I'm going to hell. Please pray for me and my family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTHorn

Aug 7, 2012
✟15,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

This is my first time on this site and I'm only 12 so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section. I THINK I am saved but I'm not sure. I'm all paranoid that I am really not. It's all after watching a video, I will link it at the end. The whole thing I'm worried is that what I do everyday is a sin and I don't know it. (Like talking with unsaved friends, playing video games, and watching videos ect.)

My family believes in God but doesn't act on their belief. Although, the other day my mom mentioned what her family did to her, which, well, wasn't very good. She mentioned that she needs to just forgive them and move on which surprised me because that doesn't sound like her at all. She is usually angry or in a good mood, which is a good and bad thing.

I went to a Christian school up to now. I am transferring to a public school because the tuition (However you spell it :p) was too much. What they taught is different to what I believe now. They said "Faith the size of a mustard seed will get you into Heaven." After doing research, they were wrong. I learned you have to accept God's Grace AND repent of your sins. It also says that "Few will find the gate" and when I think a few, I think 3-7. What do they mean by that?

Short Version

I watched a video on YouTube about people who think they are saved but are not and will go to Hell and I am afraid I'm one of those kind of people. At the end of the video they said the only way to heaven is to accept God's Grace and repent of your sins but I don't know if what I'm doing in my daily life is a sin. (Playing Video Games, Talking with unsaved people, watching TV, and watching videos) I also ask you to pray for my family and friends that believe in God but do not act on those beliefs. And also, please pray for my Jewish friend.

Thank you for your time, Nathan.

Video: It won't let me post it because this is my first post. Just search Lukewarm "Christians" Judgment Day-Are You Ready

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying for you and your family in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord!

Brother, there are a lot of teachings out there that aren't Biblical. It's true that we should repent our sins but we will always sin against God and if getting saved means that we are to live sinless, then no one will ever be saved because we will sin all through out our lives. It's only our faith in Jesus Christ that saves us!

Here is a good link on the subject, hopefully it will be of some assistance:

Repentance: What Does the Bible Teach?

Upvote 0

Woven

All you need is LOVE
Jan 26, 2012
✟17,277.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you and your family in the name of Jesus Christ. Thank You Lord!

Brother, there are a lot of teachings out there that aren't Biblical. It's true that we should repent our sins but we will always sin against God and if getting saved means that we are to live sinless, then no one will ever be saved because we will sin all through out our lives. It's only our faith in Jesus Christ that saves us!

Here is a good link on the subject, hopefully it will be of some assistance:

Repentance: What Does the Bible Teach?

:amen:

I used to think like you, Nathan. I always used to worry what would happen if I was in a car accident and didn't have time to quickly confess all my sins before I died. Then I had an amazing revelation of what grace really is and it completely changed the way I think.

The best thing about salvation is that it has absolutely nothing to do with us. :D There is nothing we can do to earn it, and we don't have to work to keep it. All you need to do is believe and receive. The work on the cross is finished. Christ has already paid the price, for every sin, past present and future. If we think that every time we mess up our sin is going to send us to hell, then we're giving more power to our sin than to the blood of Jesus. We're not sinless, perfect people ourselves, but the Bible says that as believers the righteousness of Christ is ours. I am holy, and pure and blameless because He is, because His blood has already covered every sin I have ever committed and every sin I will commit. When I sin, I repent and it's forgotten.

If you're worried about what is sin and what isn't, just pray that the Holy Spirit would bring conviction when you're doing something you shouldn't. Don't live under the condemnation of another person's convictions. By that I mean that what would be sin for some may not be for others. Some of the stuff you mentioned is a really gray area. For example, I don't think there is anything wrong with playing video games, but if somebody felt that God was telling them they needed to stop playing, and they carried on, that would be sinning. Some people are very legalistic and have a long list of "sins" that are never mentioned in the Bible. Just rely on the Holy Spirit to bring conviction where it's needed and He will.

A website that I love to check out every day is a site with daily quotes on the topic of grace. You might like it:
GraceQuotes.com

:prayer:

Upvote 0

Paroder

Jul 17, 2012
TN
✟7,827.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey man, don't worry if you believe in Jesus you are saved. I was like you for awhile until one night I asked God what He was trying to tell me and He said with inner audible thought "That you're saved!" It wasn't until later that night until it hit me that that was God. Don't watch those scary videos that bring doubt, just hearing the gospel and faith will come naturally.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.