• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

I am a Bit Confused

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Azureknight 773, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider CF Ambassadors

+544
    Philippines
    Catholic
    Single
    Greetings all in Christ. Peace and love be forever.

Ok, I am a bit confused with the Holy Scriptures as of late. He speaks of showing good deeds in one but then another He speaks of doing it in secret.

Our Master, Jesus Christ has spoken in Luke 8:16
    "No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel or sets it under a bed; rather, he places it on a lampstand so that those who enter may see the light."

CONTRAST with:

Matthew 6:3-4

"But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, so that your almsgiving may be secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

Can anybody please help me understand what these mean and how to apply them without confusion. Thank you!

Note: I'd welcome also an answer from an Eastern Orthodox brother or sister in Christ. Thanks again. Shalom.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,006
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Alms is your offerings to the Lord....some people like to show off how much they give in the offering plate....
    The candle is the light of Jesus in you that you should let all around you see it....thereby it immediately identifies you as a born again Christian and that light that is in you will shine upon those in darkness and they will be drawn to your light.

I hope this is simplified enough....basically don't be afraid to let others know who you are in Christ....

3. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider CF Ambassadors

+544
    Philippines
    Catholic
    Single
    Ok. Thank you!