Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Greetings all in Christ. Peace and love be forever.

Ok, I am a bit confused with the Holy Scriptures as of late. He speaks of showing good deeds in one but then another He speaks of doing it in secret.

Our Master, Jesus Christ has spoken in Luke 8:16
"No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel or sets it under a bed; rather, he places it on a lampstand so that those who enter may see the light."

CONTRAST with:

Matthew 6:3-4

"But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, so that your almsgiving may be secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

Can anybody please help me understand what these mean and how to apply them without confusion. Thank you!

Note: I'd welcome also an answer from an Eastern Orthodox brother or sister in Christ. Thanks again. Shalom.

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings all in Christ. Peace and love be forever.

Ok, I am a bit confused with the Holy Scriptures as of late. He speaks of showing good deeds in one but then another He speaks of doing it in secret.

Our Master, Jesus Christ has spoken in Luke 8:16
"No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel or sets it under a bed; rather, he places it on a lampstand so that those who enter may see the light."

CONTRAST with:

Matthew 6:3-4

"But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right is doing, so that your almsgiving may be secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

Can anybody please help me understand what these mean and how to apply them without confusion. Thank you!

Note: I'd welcome also an answer from an Eastern Orthodox brother or sister in Christ. Thanks again. Shalom.
Alms is your offerings to the Lord....some people like to show off how much they give in the offering plate....
The candle is the light of Jesus in you that you should let all around you see it....thereby it immediately identifies you as a born again Christian and that light that is in you will shine upon those in darkness and they will be drawn to your light.

I hope this is simplified enough....basically don't be afraid to let others know who you are in Christ....

Upvote 0