Apr 19, 2004
South Mississippi
✟16,462.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey guys,

I've been lurking on CF for a while now. I'm a born-again Christian, was saved when I was 8 years old (I'm 25 now), baptised by immersion soon thereafter. And, like several others on here, I was reared in a Baptist church, where the Baptism of the Spirit isn't taught as a separate event from being saved. Lately, this subject has been brought to my mind a great deal. I have begun to pray that I'll receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Sunday night, I had hands laid on me at the alter (I attend a non-denom currently), but nothing really happened. I was a bit discouraged. However, I will say this: Since I've started to pray for the filling of the Spirit, my praise and worship life has grown more intense, and I've now got a greater desire to walk in Holiness, and in intimacy with Jesus.

I'd like to ask that you Spirit-filled brothers and sisters will pray for me, that I will receive my Baptism in the Spirit. I yearn for it, because I now KNOW that this is what has been missing in my spiritual life.

Thanks guys!

Bobby

John 15:13

Oct 22, 2004
✟947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Not everyone is saved, sanctified, and 'filled' in the same moment. Only God decides. Worship God continuously and I promise you that you will receive it. I worshipped for almost two weeks and then suddenly it happened. I also heard a guy testify that it happened to him in the shower of all places.

No worries. It will come. A little advice would be to read Acts 2 much.

Upvote 0

Jesusong

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟2,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:prayer: Lord Jesus, we come to you with a request that you baptize our brother with the Holy Spirit. He is seeking a deeper relationship with you with a committed heart. You know who he is, where he comes from, and where he is going with you, and I pray that all who read this prayer will join in agreement with our brother and anyone else who may be seeking to be filled with your Spirit. Let him/them experience the fullness of life in your Spirit, and the blessedness that can be had from your baptism. We ask this in the precious name of Jesus, Amen. :prayer:

Upvote 0

John 15:13

Oct 22, 2004
✟947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesusong said:
:prayer: Lord Jesus, we come to you with a request that you baptize our brother with the Holy Spirit. He is seeking a deeper relationship with you with a committed heart. You know who he is, where he comes from, and where he is going with you, and I pray that all who read this prayer will join in agreement with our brother and anyone else who may be seeking to be filled with your Spirit. Let him/them experience the fullness of life in your Spirit, and the blessedness that can be had from your baptism. We ask this in the precious name of Jesus, Amen. :prayer:
:groupray: :amen:

Upvote 0

kspchemist

Bible Thumper
May 7, 2004
Baxter, KY
✟15,859.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Brother let me encourage you to keep pressing on until you get it. I know that as you seek the LORD, you will become closer to Him, and He will not let you go unfulfilled. Keep on seeking the LORD. I was in the same boat that you are in 2002. All I could do was worship the LORD, and my desire was to draw closer to him. It took about eight months to actually recieve the Holy Ghost. During that time I kep coming to LORD, and trying to seek His face, and learn how He speaks to me. Anyway keep coming to the altar, and let the LORD work through you.

Upvote 0

rapturefish

Kingdom Citizen, Spiritual Nomad
May 9, 2002
Sydney
✟17,650.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
bobznew said:
Hey guys,

I've been lurking on CF for a while now. I'm a born-again Christian, was saved when I was 8 years old (I'm 25 now), baptised by immersion soon thereafter. And, like several others on here, I was reared in a Baptist church, where the Baptism of the Spirit isn't taught as a separate event from being saved. Lately, this subject has been brought to my mind a great deal. I have begun to pray that I'll receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Sunday night, I had hands laid on me at the alter (I attend a non-denom currently), but nothing really happened. I was a bit discouraged. However, I will say this: Since I've started to pray for the filling of the Spirit, my praise and worship life has grown more intense, and I've now got a greater desire to walk in Holiness, and in intimacy with Jesus.

I'd like to ask that you Spirit-filled brothers and sisters will pray for me, that I will receive my Baptism in the Spirit. I yearn for it, because I now KNOW that this is what has been missing in my spiritual life.

Thanks guys!

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

It will happen when and how God determines. Keep asking, keep praying and get others to pray for you and lay hands on you. Keep seeking Godand don't focus on the gifts at the expense of Him. You are seeking for more of God, and the gifts are simply one way to help. For some it came as soon as they asked, while for others it took longer.

I just posted in response to another thread on the same topic elsewhere. For myself God had to deal with other issues in me first before leading me into things of the Spirit. I was healed of an emotional hurt overnight and this was a miracle to me. This led to seeking for more and I read a lot of books about spiritual gifts, the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and tongues. This helped me to build faith as I read more about it in the bible and heard from testimonies as well.

By the time I went forward at a conference to receive tongues it had been months later. And even though I didn't receive tongues at that conference that day I was at peace and really fine about it. I'd gone past the enxiety of not receiving tongues yet to saying, "God, I love you and even if I don't receive tongues now it's okay. I'll just keep worshipping you and asking and praying."

That night though, I tried to speak again at home and the syllables came out. It's having that fullness inside of you that is the fullness of the Holy Spirit, and although I do hear of some people receiving the Baptism of the Holy Spirit without tongues, nearly everyone who receives the Baptism recieves tongues as well. It comes with the package.

When you have asked for it, you need to open your mouth and try to say something. It's faith in action to do that. At the end of the day though, you can do all the things you think should be done and it may still not happen. Don't worry. Trust God that He has it under control, keep your eyes on him and keep the bible promises on the Spirit with you as you pray, eg. Luke 11.

I know one pastor's wife who fasted and prayed and everything, hoping to get tongues. But it was only when she was at the end of her spiritual rope that she received, not expecting it. In another case, John Wimber's wife Carol dreamt she was speaking in tongues one night, and at a time when she was speaking against tongues. She woke up to find she really was speaking in tongues. Others have been speaking in tongues since they were small; still others began speaking at conversion. Still others had to wait until the Lord dealt with some other issue in their lives that was getting in the way of receiving something like tongues. God gives when he thinks it's right and does it in the way that he thinks and knows is best.

All the best, keep seeking the Giver as you worship and God bless,

RF :D <><

Upvote 0

bobznew

Apr 19, 2004
South Mississippi
✟16,462.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all so much for your prayers and words of encouragement! As a result of seeking Jesus on a higher level, my walk with Him has REALLY started to pick up some steam here lately. I have more joy than I've ever had before in my life, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my worldly circumstances. It's all in HIM!!!! :clap: :clap:

I'm just gonna keep worshipping and praying, and believing that His perfect, wonderful will will be done, and in HIS timing...

Thanks again guys! It's great to be on here, and have so many other believers with whom to fellowship!!!

Upvote 0

Lathe

Nov 15, 2004
Lassen County
✟2,933.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I remember when the holy spirit filled me. Last night. I was trying to sleep, but couldn't. It was around 3:30 am. So I turned on a christian radio station and a charismatic pastor was speaking. He said, "If you want the holy spirit to fill you, then call out to him." I closed my mind off from my surroundings and I recited the pastor's words: "Holy spirit, I want you to fill me. I want you to control me and guide me in every aspect of my life." It was actually much longer than that, but I can't remember it all. After that, I started laughing. I laughed like I hadn't laughed in weeks. The pastor talked about speaking in tounges, said that you can't understand it, because it is the holy spirit within you speaking. So I tried it and it made me feel so much better. :p Bluhlulu...Blah-lu-lu...(more random babbling):p I don't know if I actually spoke in tounges, but during that moment, the stress that had been on me for the last few weeks just sort of dropped off. I laughed. I laughed hard. And I could tell, the holy spirit had filled me.

So this is the best advice I can give you: call out to the holy spirit and tell him you want him to fill you.:)

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
bobznew said:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys!

Bobby

Here's my personal testimony:
http://sg.geocities.com/saltandlight5/spiritbaptism.html
It may help you understnd how to receive by faith. :)

God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.