I accept Burden of Proof, but only because I choose to.

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No living person has ever seen Pluto. Alleged 'photos' of Pluto are very recent creations. Probably forgeries designed to justify NASA's exorbitant, wasteful budget. (NASA $29 billion dollars. The Vatican $0.3 billion)

I won't believe Pluto exists unless I can see it with my own eyes. Do it in a controlled environment. If Pluto exists, you can demonstrate it right?
Belief in a god/s since childhood, no problem, but one of thousands KBO's, that's just a bridge too far.

:)

Upvote 0

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Do you accept Acts as an historical accurate narrative?

That's not important. For the record, Tinker Grey (atheist) is referring to the Bible as-if it were a historical narrative. Then he demands a follow-up to Jesus' prophesy. That shows up in Acts after Jesus leaves, and the miracles continue. This is true even when the gospels and Acts are read as fiction.

Therefore, Jesus' prophesy is fulfilled regardless of whether "I" believe the Bible is a historically accurate narrative or pure fiction. Even if one reads it like a comic book, this is an easy prophesy to fulfill.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That's not important. For the record, Tinker Grey (atheist) is referring to the Bible as-if it were a historical narrative. Then he demands a follow-up to Jesus' prophesy. That shows up in Acts after Jesus leaves, and the miracles continue. This is true even when the gospels and Acts are read as fiction.

Therefore, Jesus' prophesy is fulfilled regardless of whether "I" believe the Bible is a historically accurate narrative or pure fiction. Even if one reads it like a comic book, this is an easy prophesy to fulfill.
Are you suggesting that prophecies concerning Jesus because someone wrote something down (Acts) after the fact is evidence?

Seriously?!

Upvote 0

Paulomycin

Feb 22, 2021
Beaumont/Port Arthur
✟20,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Are you suggesting that prophecies concerning Jesus because someone wrote something down (Acts) after the fact is evidence?

Seriously?!

No, I'm saying that Tinker simply didn't read the entire narrative. Jesus said his followers would do "greater works," and that's when Tinker stops reading. Had he continued through Acts, it would have been more apparent.

Upvote 0