• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

I’m going to hell, Jesus said so

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I became a Christian because I realized what I did was so horrible, and I thought the blood of Jesus could save me. However I didn’t realize at the time that I deserved to have a millstone tied around my neck.

There's not a single one of us who didn't deserve such a fate.

I would never want to assume someone is saved, but concerning those who have been born again, the scriptures state in 2 Corinthians 5:17 'Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.'

If you were born again, you are not the same person who did those things in the past. Paul tells us in Colossians 2:13-14 'And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.'

All sins = gone.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Apparently not that one if he said it’s better for me to drown in the sea to do what I did

Okay get ready to tell that devil he has no stronghold on you this hour.

Read this carefully.

Matthew 18
6“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea. 7Woe to the world because of the things that cause people to stumble! Such things must come, but woe to the person through whom they come!

8If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

I want you to understand something here. Whoever walked away from Christianity was probably not a believer. And IF THEY WERE, God would have brought them back at some point, for it says in His word:

"I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6 (NLT)

And I have my suspicions, as should you also, that they were never saved to begin with or "believed in Jesus" like Matthew 18:6 is talking about BECAUSE it says also in His word:

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God." 1 John 3:9 (NIV)

Now please do yourself and us all a service and tell yourself, "All is well with my soul."

Encouragement: "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33 (NIV)

Now go read some Psalms.

Upvote 0

Johnny4ChristJesus

Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2017
Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Jesus said this after he mentions the unforgivable sin. It’s like he changed his mind if he felt the need to say this

Nope. You are letting satan eat your lunch. Usually those who blaspheme the Holy Spirit don't have any guilt. Think of those religious leaders who were accusing Jesus of doing what He did by the power of the devil. He said that was unforgiveable that they were saying what the Holy Spirit was doing through Him was of the devil.

I understand you feel bad. But, again, if that person turned away, it wasn't you. It just exposed the lack of genuineness in them.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Also, why on earth would a believer cause another believer to stumble? Maybe as an accident but God is JUST. So trust THAT. But if you were NOT a believer at the time it happened but you are now, well you are certainly justified for the faith you have in Jesus - which INCLUDES the forgiveness of every sin past, present, and future. Count on it.

Upvote 0

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also, why on earth would a believer cause another believer to stumble? Maybe as an accident but God is JUST. So trust THAT. But if you were NOT a believer at the time it happened but you are now, well you are certainly justified for the faith you have in Jesus - which INCLUDES the forgiveness of every sin past, present, and future. Count on it.
I’m trying very hard

Upvote 0

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no point in holding on any more! Let it go! You are free my brother, please go in PEACE.
Instead of twisting everything and wondering if they were or we’re not a believer, let’s just hypothetically say I am 100% guilty of Matthew 18:6, now what?

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Instead of twisting everything and wondering if they were or we’re not a believer, let’s just hypothetically say I am 100% guilty of Matthew 18:6, now what?

Get down on your knees, say "God, I confess to you that I did (blank) and I am very sorry for it. That devil has a stronghold on me that I need you to get rid of. I ask you now, to clear my conscience once and for all, that you would forgive me of this trespass if I did indeed trespass you or anyone through my actions. Jesus paid the price for my sins, He made atonement for them, I believe this with all my heart. Lord I love you and desire to do your will. Make me more like you. I want to be more like Jesus. In HIS name I pray. Amen."

Reactions: Jven79
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I’ve caused people to sin. I’ve repented, but the truth is, from the mouth of Jesus himself, that I deserve to have a millstone tied around my neck and drowned into the depth of the sea than to cause someone to sin.

I have become very severely depressed that I did this. I’ve just recently become depressed actually, even though I’ve caused people to sin before I became a believer. I’ve lost my career because I can’t live with myself instead I live in guilt 24/7.

I often think of suicide now. I would never do it, but I do think about it, if that makes any sense.

I guess the reason for this thread is for some encouragement on how I can move on in life knowing that I’ll spend eternity in hell.
If you have received Jesus as your Saviour, there is no way you will end up in hell. The Scripture says, "By grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is the gift of God." The Scripture also says, "The gifts and calling of God are without repentance." Therefore, God is not going to take back the gift He has given you. He is not a man that He should lie. What He says is the absolute truth. If He has promised salvation to those who have received Christ, then He is not going to break that promise.

I don't care one bit about those who believe that a person can be saved one day and lost the next. I also don't believe that my sins and shortcomings threaten my salvation in Christ. That is works-based, performance Christianity, and it is a false gospel, and those who preach works and performance-based Christianity are putting their own standing with God in danger because of their false gospel, and I would doubt that such people are actually born again, because they have no understanding of what the gospel of Christ actually is.

Jesus said, "All sin and iniquity shall be forgiven of men." All we have to do is to use 1 John 1:9 and we are immediately cleansed from all unrighteousness. All real and actual guilt is totally removed; but some guilt feelings can remain if someone has corrupted your faith by giving you some rubbish, sin consciousness teaching.

What is happening to you is that you are being attacked by a spirit of fear, that because of your faults and shortcomings you are afraid of losing your salvation. but, "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind." You have a sound mind to read and examine the New Testament and to know that what Jesus has done on the cross for you and settled the sin question in you once and forever! Hebrews says that one Jesus sacrificed Himself and shed His blood on the cross, there is no further sacrifice for sin. The sacrifice of Jesus is been one, once and for all 2000 years ago, and putting your faith in Him settles it totally.

So, get your eyes off yourself and your shortcoming and failures, and stand before the cross of Christ and the empty tomb and start thanking and praising God for what Jesus has done for you and then start walking in newness of life. Tell that spirit of depression and fear to get away from you and be refilled with the Holy Spirit which involves, love, joy and peace in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I thought I was, until I came across this scripture
The devil can quote Scripture out of its proper context to give you a condemnation bomb. That is what you received. The Scripture says that when you resist the devil he will flee from you. The truth is that the blood of Jesus has cleansed you from all your sin and made you a totally new person in Christ. Maybe before you received Christ you deserved to perish, but now you are a new creature, a son of God and a brother to Jesus, and Jesus is not ashamed to call you His brother. The devil does not want you to know that you will certainly end up in heaven, and he cannot stop that, but he will try and make your life as miserable as possible so that you fail to fulfill what God has for you in this life.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve caused people to sin. I’ve repented, but the truth is, from the mouth of Jesus himself, that I deserve to have a millstone tied around my neck and drowned into the depth of the sea than to cause someone to sin.

I have become very severely depressed that I did this. I’ve just recently become depressed actually, even though I’ve caused people to sin before I became a believer. I’ve lost my career because I can’t live with myself instead I live in guilt 24/7.

I often think of suicide now. I would never do it, but I do think about it, if that makes any sense.

I guess the reason for this thread is for some encouragement on how I can move on in life knowing that I’ll spend eternity in hell.

It's unlikely that you have caused people to sin in the way Jesus described unless you were in a position of power or authority over them to force them to do things they would not have done by their own intention.

Jesus spoke of "cause to sin" in two cases. In one case, He spoke of men who unjustly divorced their wives, which in that culture put women in the position of remarrying or dying.

The other cases is of adults (powerful) causing children (less powerful, under their authority) to sin.

You might have introduced persons to temptation, but unless you had power and/or authority over them, you did not "cause" them to sin.

Upvote 0

Jven79

Jun 23, 2018
Howell, NJ
✟11,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's unlikely that you have caused people to sin in the way Jesus described unless you were in a position of power or authority over them to force them to do things they would not have done by their own intention.

Jesus spoke of "cause to sin" in two cases. In one case, He spoke of men who unjustly divorced their wives, which in that culture put women in the position of remarrying or dying.

The other cases is of adults (powerful) causing children (less powerful, under their authority) to sin.

You might have introduced persons to temptation, but unless you had power and/or authority over them, you did not "cause" them to sin.
I most certainly had power over them. I was a teenager and they were an innocent child

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Find some interesting topics to study about from the bible. Get in His word. Make it a habit. You'll feel a lot better about your relationship with Him and your salvation if you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I most certainly had power over them. I was a teenager and they were an innocent child

That just sounds like you were being a jack***

There's plenty of those out there, and far worse, who have been forgiven and are very strong in the faith might I add. God forgave a thief in one of his dying breaths. I'm pretty sure He can do the same for you. You are crying out to God for mercy. I plead with you for peace.

Luke 18
9To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10“Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’ 14“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

You are just the tax collector in this parable. A justified and genuine believer in Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You had influence, you didn't have power.

Do you think your influence was any greater than a parent? Bill O'Hair and Jane Fonda were both raised by atheist parents. In fact, Bill O'Hair was the boy who was at the center of the Supreme Court decision that removed prayer from schools--it was his mother who filed the lawsuit to prevent him from having to recite the Lord's Prayer in school.

Yet, when Bill O'Hair left the authority of his mother he wound up becoming a Christian. Jane Fonda had been under the influence of an atheist father and then atheist husbands. She testifies that pleasing them had been her primary motivation in life, until she found Someone better to please.

If that person was a child, he has his own life to accept or reject the wooing of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Valetic

Addicted to CF
Site Supporter
Jun 1, 2018
Georgia, USA
✟58,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
just seems irrelevant. I’m not talking about “many”, I’m talking about possibly the worst sin in the Bible

Have you heard of a man named Saul from Tarsus?

Upvote 0