Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
A 'professional' counselor unless spiritually gifted will likely give extreemly good wrong advice.

Do you judge who is or is not spiritually gifted? How do you do that?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess over the years I have networked among brothers and sisters and know who to ask - someone with a track record of discernment who by God's help can pinpoint the exact source of the issue presented and having the anointing to pray for healing and/or deliverance.
Such ministries were common in the church in the 70's but are more rare today.
The church has largely abdicated its responsibility to reach out to folks in this way to professionals who's training orientates more to the management of symptoms rather than bringing healing and release.

• Winner
Reactions: GodsChild77
Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm so sorry you're going through this. The boyfriend comment and unhealthy attachment he has to his mother, stood out to me, in your story. They say that men and women who have unhealthy attachments and/or unresolved parental issues, usually have difficulty with intimacy in longterm relationships. I think counseling could really help him one on one, and also for you both. I hope things get better, but I don't think marriage is meant to be a prison, where we are emotionally and physically neglected. Prayers for you. :heart:

• Friendly
Reactions: GodsChild77
Upvote 0