Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
For those of you who do not know yet, a major hurricane is currently crossing the Atlantic Ocean and headed towards North America. As of 5:00 EDT, Isadore had winds measured at 125 mph, just 6 mph shy of a Category 4 on the Saffir-Simpson Scale (http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/HAW/basics/saffir_simpson.htm). It is expected to proceed westward from its current location, and could reach the Leeward Islands of the Carribbean by this weekend.

edit: see attachment for the storm track picture.

If you feel led to pray, then I recommend praying the following:

(1) That this hurricane will lose intensity before it hits land. Category-Four hurricanes are killers.

(2) That this hurricane will steer out into open waters and miss all land--especially Bermuda, which was just hit by Hurricane Fabian--as long as the storm is a threat.

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The storm now has top winds of 135 mph, classifying the hurricane as Category 4. Isabel continues to move WNW, but it has not made the shift to due-westbound as forecasters expected by now. This means that the Leeward Islands may be spared from its wrath. How the storm will impact the States remains to be seen.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Isabel continues to grow and to march westward. Winds are at 145 mph as of 11 p.m. EDT, 10 mph short of a Category-5 rating, the highest on the Saffir-Simpson scale. This may well be the big hurricane of the year. Long-range projection has it steering straight towards the East coast, with no signs as of yet of turning into the open waters of the Atlantic.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
If you've been wondering whether to start praying about this storm, this would be a very good time to start. With maximum winds of 160 mph, Isabel is now a Category 5 hurricane. Barometric pressure in the eyewall is estimated at 27.20 inches.

Graphics:

Upvote 0

hdsink

Sep 11, 2003
Texas, USA
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I know this may sound silly to most, but I hope it goes into the Burmuda (devil's) Triangle and vanishes without a trace.

On the serious side of this, I have family that lives out that way and they have already prepared for this. They live far enough inland, but with the way this storm is growing it could still come close enough to cause harm.

I pray that it won't be as bad, or even half as bad as the one in '93. Too many people could be harmed. I hope that God spares everyones life in the path of this storm.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The good news is that the storm has lost some of its intensity; at 140 mph, it is barely a Category 4 now. The bad news is that although it is has begun its northbound turn, its projected path would carry Isabel onto the East Coast. The current forecasts call for landfall anywhere between North Carolina and Long Island, NY.

Upvote 0

Cherberrie

running to stand still
Jul 30, 2003
Florida
✟582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm relieved, they said it might hit here in FL, but like most of the hurricanes, they say it will probably bypass us and hit further north, and I hate that anyone has to deal with this!
Thanks for the updates Rising Tree! I'll still pray that it won't hit anyone, but if it does, it won't be hard and noone will be hurt.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
South Carolina may be off the hook, but areas just north of them are officially into crunch time. Hurricane watches have been issued for much of the North Carolina, Virginia, and Maryland coastlines.

The good news is that the storm has lost much of its intensity. Its top winds are only 105 mph, meaning that Isabel is only a Category 2 hurricane now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Durango

Jul 14, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟8,024.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, all the elements of nature obey your command. As hurricvane Isabel rapidly approaches we humbly ask that you watch over those in it's path, protect them and keep them safe. Calm the hurricane that threatens us this day and turn our fear of your power into praise of your goodness. Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Upvote 0

stellaluna

Bunhead for Christ!
Aug 17, 2003
Maryland
Visit site
✟431.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hey I'm right in Izzy's path.. i also don't have school tomorrow because my school is an emergency shelter, I have to say that's the only good coming out of this, i guess im slightly prejudiced:) i have to tell you guys, anyone who is in it's path is definately prepared for it, outerbanks have been through it all, Maryland has experience too. when Floyd hit NC we were right there, on an island. one of the few left but we were fine. right on the water, my grandfather's a retired Navy Captain and we got interviewed by CNN.. anyway keep praying, i live right by the Chesapeake Bay, where she's supposed to be headed so who knows? flooding is the major prob here, so your prayers are welcome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums