SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Hundreds protest plan to detain migrant children at former concentration camp
Native Americans and Japanese Americans were among the hundreds of people who gathered in Lawton, Oklahoma, on Saturday to protest the Trump administration's plan to use Fort Sill, which was a Japanese American internment camp in World War II, to detain undocumented migrant children.

"We will not allow history to repeat itself with a concentration camp for immigrant children," said Brenda Lozano, program development coordinator at Dream Action Oklahoma, in a statement. "Generations of Japanese, Native American, and Black people have all been hurt by Fort Sill."

It was racist then, it is racist now.

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟254,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Pray for the United States and our President the border Patrol and all the workers there. Give money donations or go down and volunteer if you want to help the desperate need to find fast solutions that are humane.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟619,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
They've separated these children from their parents, that's far from "nice."
If they didn't come here there wouldn't be a problem. It is not like they had a invitation to come (except maybe from the leftists) and then the door was shut in their face.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I found this image on the internet, and I have to say that in this crisis, this appears to be a strong and well built building, that is clean, with fresh running water and bathrooms.

NO one will be in a cage on the floor here.

It was an available building to house thousands, no matter the past history, TODAY, we need to provide a safe, warm and comfortable place to shelter.

We are pressed for time and money, so this looks good to me-versus being on the floor!

Better a real brick and mortar home than the floor or a cage.

Please, we are in dire need of solutions, so we utilized what was available.

Pray for the United States and our President the border Patrol and all the workers there. Give money donations or go down and volunteer if you want to help the desperate need to find fast solutions that are humane.

View attachment 259842

View attachment 259843

Where on the internet did you find the pictures? They're from 2014 when a rush of unaccompanied children caught the US by surprise & there was a mad rush to make facilities to care for them. You can see the effort made to make the facilities as nice as possible. Those children weren't cruelly ripped from their parents, thus having to deal with that enormous trauma inflicted upon them. The children weren't rammed in there like sardines in a can. In following the trail of your pictures, it gave a profound contrast of how the children were treated during the Obama administration vs Trump's.

The Trump administration totally knew about the caravan & instead of making any form of reasonable preparations instead decided that cruelty was going to be their policy.

A facility can be decent or it can be ruinous depending on the conditions. It all depends on the level of care & dignity put into it. The Trump administration has tried its best to maximize the trauma, doing away with educational & recreational programs for children. Even arguing that the basics for human sanitary conditions, soap, toothbrushes, blankets, weren't necessary.

Trump’s migrant camps on US border ‘undignified and damaging’, says UN human rights chief

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last year I saw an interview with a UN refugee official about why they come. She said, in essence "You don't understand, these people are already dead. They have absolutely nothing to lose. They will risk anything and everything for resurrection."

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
If they didn't come here there wouldn't be a problem. It is not like they had a invitation to come (except maybe from the leftists) and then the door was shut in their face.

53217b821a4b9e3ca3512cd6c5017c15.png

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟619,382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And that is before we had people who could fly airplanes into office towers because we were the "Great Satan"......and we had millions of acres of land that could be provided to newcomers, and the government was not supporting immigrants with healthcare, food stamps, cash payments, housing subsidies, etc. Times have changed and laws have had to change with them......

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
And that is before we had people who could fly airplanes into office towers because we were the "Great Satan"......and we had millions of acres of land that could be provided to newcomers, and the government was not supporting immigrants with healthcare, food stamps, cash payments, housing subsidies, etc. Times have changed and laws have had to change with them......

The Constitution hasn't changed. It's still legal to seek asylum. The Bible hasn't changed, either. It tells us how we're to treat foreigners.

As for available land there's parts of the U.S. so desperate for residents they are willing to pay people to move there. There's plenty of land.

Are you under the impression the migrants are from the same country the majority of the 9/11 hijackers were from? I mean if they were, they'd probably get the royal treatment from the Trump administration since he was delighted to just roll out the red carpet even after everything, including the recent torture & murder of a U.S. citizen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It was an available building to house thousands, no matter the past history, TODAY, we need to provide a safe, warm and comfortable place to shelter.

Funny, that's what they said it was used for in the past, too.

Upvote 0

joymercy

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
study
✟254,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
yes, @Cimorene the image search gave me a 2014 image. My mistake.

I will correct those images now.

Does anyone have any current 2019 internal images of what Fort Sill looks like where they are sheltering the children?

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,375.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Immigrants are "wretched refuse"?! RACISM!!! IMPEACH LADY LIBERTY!!!

Seriously, that is a bad poem, IMO.
Needs an overhaul, anyway. Or at least a little asterix with "terms and conditions apply" underneath it in fine print.

Reactions: Moral Orel
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,375.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
yes, @Cimorene the image search gave me a 2014 image. My mistake.

I will correct those images now.

Does anyone have any current 2019 internal images of what Fort Sill looks like where they are sheltering the children?
I found a few of marines being trained in medevac. Is that okay?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟333,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes because a good Christians would donate to these poor people.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If they didn't come here there wouldn't be a problem.

If the slaves hadn't kept trying to run north there wouldn't have been a problem.
If the women had accepted that they'd never be allowed to vote there wouldn't have been a problem.
If the coloreds had just sat in the back of the bus there wouldn't have been a problem.
If the wives had just let their husbands rape them there wouldn't have been a problem.

How much are you willing to do to other people in order to avoid "problems"?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟488,720.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are talking about people who broke the law....aren't we?
I'm going to guess a good majority of people posting in this thread broke the law driving around town this week. That's not justification for putting their kids in concentration camps.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟439,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to guess a good majority of people posting in this thread broke the law driving around town this week. That's not justification for putting their kids in concentration camps.

Speeding isn't an offense that we jail people for....so whatever your point is here, it's entirely irrelevant.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0