canada
✟1,614.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I mean... space dust, if you go with the available evidence from His creation. But evolution was certainly used in later years.
No....it says from the dust of the ground....and it also say created everything in 6 days:amen:

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
No....it says from the dust of the ground....and it also say created everything in 6 days:amen:

No, the Bible says that. God's actual creation, the physical creation of the world and the universe, say otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
How can an animal we would class as an ape walk out of the forest and become human? It’s a long story.

It appears that, in The Great Rift Valley in Africa, a unique stretch of grasslands opened up as the continents moved. Certain apes ventured out of the woods, perhaps searching for food. They found a different world, one in which they could survive using the high intelligence inherent in all apes. Problem solving was so important out here, brains began to evolve for higher intelligence.

Likewise, out in the plain, there was an advantage to standing upright. One could travel more efficiently, look out over the tall grass to see predators, and use one’s hands for many tasks. The combination of increased intelligence with increased availability of the hands worked out quite well in this new environment, leading to strong evolution of these traits.

But intelligence and dexterity alone would have left our ancestors helpless in the vast grassland. They found that, like us, they needed each other. It’s true. We all need somebody to lean on. So, our ancestors used their new brainpower for more than just individual problem solving. They used their brains to communicate with other humans. This turned out to be quite difficult. Understanding other humans is hard. If you want to communicate effectively with me, you need a big brain.

With effective communication, we learn from each other. You learn things from me. I learn things from you. Together, the combined knowledge can lead to new ideas. The end result can be far greater than simply adding two experiences. And so, there is a huge advantage to good communication. This requires a lot of brainpower.

As human cooperation and brainpower became ever more important, brains became larger, and that can be a big problem for the mothers. There is only so much head that can squeeze down the birth canal. Unfortunately, many hominid females must have died in childbirth–may they rest in peace–as evolution drove brain sizes larger.

But, once again evolution found a solution. If the skull can wait to finish its growth until after birth, then it is easier to give birth to a child who will have a large adult brain. For the mothers, this was good news. They could give birth to babies that then grew up with big brains capable of better supporting the mother, her other offspring, and her grandchildren. This solution was a winner.

But there was a big side effect to all this. Hominid babies are quite helpless while their brain grows. They go through a prolonged childhood before emerging as super-intelligent hominid adults. Other animal babies can walk and begin caring for themselves soon after birth. Not so with humans or our close ancestors. Nevertheless, when intelligence is a primary necessity for survival, the sacrifice can be worth it. The mother devotes herself to her helpless baby, yes, but oh what a wonder this produces.

How can a mother afford to spend all this effort raising children? It takes a village. That’s right. Child raising requires a team: mothers, fathers, grandparents, siblings, cousins, neighbors, anybody. And that is the beauty of the intelligence and social communication that had evolved. It allowed these humans to develop as a team, caring for each other and for the young. That led to longer childhoods; to larger brains; to more intelligence; to better communication and cooperation; and back around to longer childhoods and still larger brains. It was an endless upwards spiral.

This led to all the wonderful adaptions of humans: better tools to hunt and get the needed protein to feed these demanding brains; fires to scare away predators; fires to cook meals; loss of hair, which allowed more persistent hunting without overheating; clothing and blankets to stay warm without all that hair; language; structured social interaction; and yes, partying into the wee hours of the morning while sitting around the campfire. Keep that up for hundreds of thousands of years, and before long we see a big change.

None of that requires direct intervention of God. It is simply the working of nature, driving one evolutionary line in a unique direction after a number of prior adaptions had given that genus a unique survival strategy. No miracle was required.

Excerpted from my website: Is There a God? - The Mind Set Free
Where did nature come from?

Upvote 0

Dome558

Jul 15, 2022
canada
✟1,614.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
No, the Bible says that. God's actual creation, the physical creation of the world and the universe, say otherwise.
My good sir I believe the problem is perhaps you believe in a different god than the god of the bible....or perhaps none at all?

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
My good sir I believe the problem is perhaps you believe in a different god than the god of the bible....or perhaps none at all?

Oh I believe in God, the father of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible. But I do not believe in a God that would be so limited to just what the Bible says, when His own creation tells a VASTLY different story altogether.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dome558

Jul 15, 2022
canada
✟1,614.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Oh I believe in God, the father of Jesus Christ as described in the Bible. But I do not believe in a God that would be so limited to just what the Bible says, when His own creation tells a VASTLY different story altogether.

Upvote 0

Dome558

Jul 15, 2022
canada
✟1,614.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
I suppose you believe in the 1th commend too....?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I suppose you believe in the 1th commend too....?

"Thou shalt have no other Gods but I." (transcribe that into whichever version of English you want)

I think you might have a reading comprehension. Go back and read what I wrote.

• Haha
Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps your hearing is myopic.

Luke 19:37 And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
38 Saying, Blessed be the King that cometh in the name of the Lord: peace in heaven, and glory in the highest.
39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude said unto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.
40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

What do you hear, when geology speaks to you?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Two men go out and make a snowman.

1. The one speaks to the snow and immediately a snowman.

2. The other takes two hours to build a snowman.

Of the two, which one showed a limited ability?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
So how can a thing "find a solution"?
It's a figure of speech. It's like when one says that cats are good at jumping because of their mechanical design. No one actually believes it literally means a cat is a designed mechanism: that would be to not understand metaphor and similes.

Upvote 0