Visit site
✟84,028.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The conscience is a faculty of the soul. It can distinguish between good and evil. It makes us morally culpable.

Genesis 2:
7 Then the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
In the beginning, Adam and Eve's consciences were totally dependent on God.

Genesis 2:
17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.
After they ate the fruit, they didn't die physically right away. They acquired the ability to decide what was good or not from their own intellect and emotions, independently of God. Right away, their consciences told them that it wasn't good to be naked.

Genesis 3:
7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.

Fast-forward to after the Cross, Jesus sent the Indwelling Holy Spirit to repair our conscience, English Standard Version, Romans 9:
1 I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit
The Christian's conscience is in touch with the Holy Spirit, the indwelling Paraclete. I see this not as a spiritual metaphor but as an objective spiritual reality. This is not a theory. I practice this every day all the time.

Now, my conscience is clear before God, Hebrews 9:
14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

I want to have a conscientious connection with God at all times.

See also Brain experiment suggests that consciousness relies on quantum entanglement.

Last edited: