U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If humans and apes are related, in the way evolution claims, why is our intelligence completely different instead of by simple gradation? And, why is there no innate concern for the well-being of apes like we have for other unfortunate humans? If the connection is in our very fabric, then why is there no real connection?

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think we are much more concerned about apes than our fellow man. There are few poor, homeless apes, without health insurance.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If humans and apes are related, in the way evolution claims, why is our intelligence completely different instead of by simple gradation? And, why is there no innate concern for the well-being of apes like we have for other unfortunate humans? If the connection is in our very fabric, then why is there no real connection?

What now? When was the last time other apes fought in a war with each other and killed thousands? Oh, that's right, never. What innate concern are you and your fellow right wing Christians showing the asylum seekers again?

"innate concern". Lol. Active dislike and hatred more like.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whddayamean no connection we act like apes. basically the biggest difference is the fact that we’ve evolved to truly cooperate with each other . The other apes haven’t quite figured that out. It’s not big brains ,all mammals have larger brains than they need . It’s not our bipedalism . other species have gone bipedal . It’s not our hands a lot of the Rodentia have pretty functional hands . The bald skin is a side effect of being long distance runners . It was a lucky combination of all of the above and the fact that as a species we tend to be generalists which mean we can thrive in a variety of environments but so can Black rats and the housemouse

Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What now? When was the last time other apes fought in a war with each other and killed thousands? Oh, that's right, never. What innate concern are you and your fellow right wing Christians showing the asylum seekers again?
"innate concern". Lol. Active dislike and hatred more like.
Different thread and wrong assumption altogether, but I think I can wring a point out of it... most intelligent people incorporate an innate concern for fellow humans in distress, the more intelligent using common sense measures like only emergency help immediately, then evaluation of the situation, planning, determining how best to assist in a situation within your means, etc. (like President Trump is doing with the many complex problems in the world today). I’m not saying apes aren’t intelligent, because they are, but does that kind of human forethought appear to be a mere gradation of ape intelligence? And, would an ape give up food to other apes... maybe, or did we develop that concern, or are we inherently different? Just asking?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think we are much more concerned about apes than our fellow man. There are few poor, homeless apes, without health insurance.
Indeed.

And how concerned are those White Supremacist humans concerned about the welfare of blacks? How concerned were the WW2 Nazis about the welfare of their Jewish neighbors?

I would say both groups were more concerned with the welfare of cats and dogs than they were/are their fellow mam.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Different thread and wrong assumption altogether, but I think I can wring a point out of it... most intelligent people incorporate an innate concern for fellow humans in distress, the more intelligent using common sense measures like only emergency help immediately, then evaluation of the situation, planning, determining how best to assist in a situation within your means, etc. (like President Trump is doing with the many complex problems in the world today). I’m not saying apes aren’t intelligent, because they are, but does that kind of human forethought appear to be a mere gradation of ape intelligence? And, would an ape give up food to other apes... maybe, or did we develop that concern, or are we inherently different? Just asking?
You need to be more particular when talking about "apes" because you are clearly referring to some modern species. "Apes" are not a single modern species but a family to which humans belong.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's no fun... :)

LOL, we had the discussion of evolution when I first joined CF :). Interesting discussion, so I definitely will follow this thread.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I'm not totally sure we can or cannot believe in evolution. I'm personally staying in the middle on this one :)
Nobody should "believe" in evolution. The best thing is to study it and decide whether or not to accept it as a scientific theory.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You need to be more particular when talking about "apes" because you are clearly referring to some modern species. "Apes" are not a single modern species but a family to which humans belong.
So, are you saying we developed compassion and forethought concerning other's dire situations?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟10,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Evolution does not claim that intelligence should be gradated - that is solely your claim. I suspect this comes from your thinking that humans are the culmination of evolution so far, when that simply isn't so. Humans, gorillas, gibbons, chimpanzees and all our ape cousins have all been evolving at the same time; none of us are really "further along" - much as we pride ourselves in our being.

Human intelligence is gradated in that some are severely disabled, some merely not too bright, most average, and a few brilliant. Gorilla intelligence is suited for gorilla survival, not for survival in human society.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Evolution does not claim that intelligence should be gradated - that is solely your claim. Human intelligence is gradated in that some are severely disabled, some merely not too bright, most average, and a few brilliant. Gorilla intelligence is suited for gorilla survival, not for survival in human society.
So, are you saying we developed compassion and forethought concerning other's dire situations?

Upvote 0