How's that Seattle 'No Cop' thing going?

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It won't work anyway since the mayor seems to think all is well. Supposedly. But ya I agree, you can't just have groups of people marching into town and decide they occupy 6 blocks and not do anything about it.
Why not?
Sometimes the best response in extraordinary situations is to wait patiently until things settle down.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It won't work anyway since the mayor seems to think all is well. Supposedly. But ya I agree, you can't just have groups of people marching into town and decide they occupy 6 blocks and not do anything about it.

You know as well as I do that those that agree with them taking over would think differently if it was their neighborhood. I'm glad I moved to the country. I doubt I will see massive amounts of people trying to take over.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You know as well as I do that those that agree with them taking over would think differently if it was their neighborhood. I'm glad I moved to the country. I doubt I will see massive amounts of people trying to take over.
I live in a town of just under 20,000. But our area is comprised of many smaller villages. We have had car parades of young protestors driving through and increasing in size, blowing horns, screaming out windows as they drive by ( I mean screaming, no particular words vocalized). They have various flags streaming, to include American. I don't believe in our current climate, they couldn't stop and blockade a section of town or one of the villages. It's very possible, just for attention if nothing else. I don't know if that will happen but really about now nothing would surprise me.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More like Armed individuals behind barricades
in a 6 block area checking id of people wanting in.
Demanding they can have weapons but not police.

They have no authority to do so, or to control and
be hold up in city property, or block public streets,
or bar public servants from entering.

This after more then a week of
"not so peaceful protests"
Have you seen what’s on the inside? It just looks like a music/art festival. It may be a hostile takeover, but it’s a peaceful demonstration.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We are going in the opposite direction. The rule of law is being overlooked for protestors. Two wrongs don't make a right.
The rule of law has been overlooked for police officers and higher officials for decades if not centuries. It’s hard to imagine correcting this without first turning the tables for a time.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why not?
Sometimes the best response in extraordinary situations is to wait patiently until things settle down.
Hmmm suppose: My family has decided we are going to have a family reunion, there are 150 of us. We have tents, three outhouses, some gardening equipment, coolers. We intend to redecorate with some fine art work done with spray cans. And we decided to have this in your yard. We will be there tonight and we have no particular plans as to when or if we will leave. We have decided that you have no control over this and police are not allowed, we will barricade entry and allow in who we deem acceptable . You can board up your place of residence if you like and either join us or leave. It doesn't matter to us.

I'm sure you won't mind since you just figure we will get tired and leave eventually anyway. This really shouldn't disturb you and it will help our cause of family love. See you tonight.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm suppose: My family has decided we are going to have a family reunion, there are 150 of us. We have tents, three outhouses, some gardening equipment, coolers. We intend to redecorate with some fine art work done with spray cans. And we decided to have this in your yard. We will be there tonight and we have no particular plans as to when or if we will leave. We have decided that you have no control over this and police are not allowed, we will barricade entry and allow in who we deem acceptable . You can board up your place of residence if you like and either join us or leave. It doesn't matter to us.

I'm sure you won't mind since you just figure we will get tired and leave eventually anyway. This really shouldn't disturb you and it will help our cause of family love. See you tonight.
Remind me again how many peoples residences have been taken over in this autonomous zone farce?

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Not a good analogy at all. Public property/private property; mass national movement involving hundreds of thousands/one private party involving hundreds; major political point/no political point at all.

I'm guessing that in Seattle, if cool heads prevail in the government, things will eventually calm down to a peaceful conclusion. Insisting that "The Rulebook" be followed in this case is somewhat similar to a Christian insisting on Law above Grace, and also of the stereotypical army officer who is a stickler for the rules but has no common sense. Good judgment is better than strict rule-keeping.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you can't just have groups of people marching into town and decide they occupy 6 blocks and not do anything about it.

Some think it sounds great but,
of course they don't live there.

Probably a lot of those supporters
that we see on the internet
are actually in China?
M

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
More like Armed individuals behind barricades
in a 6 block area checking id of people wanting in.

Is there good evidence of this happening?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not a good analogy at all. Public property/private property; mass national movement involving hundreds of thousands/one private party involving hundreds; major political point/no political point at all.

I'm guessing that in Seattle, if cool heads prevail in the government, things will eventually calm down to a peaceful conclusion. Insisting that "The Rulebook" be followed in this case is somewhat similar to a Christian insisting on Law above Grace, and also of the stereotypical army officer who is a stickler for the rules but has no common sense. Good judgment is better than strict rule-keeping.
I see, so the shoe is on another foot and so it's ok. As long as I don't involve you and yours it's fine.

See demonstrations are great, nobody thinks otherwise. But they should not occupy territory to the exclusion of others. They should not deface property public or otherwise. And I'm glad to hear that you admit this is a huge operation. Because that's exactly what it is and CHAZ is but one piece of it.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I figured these groups and individuals were "anti-border walls" kind of people.
They’re anarchists, they are opposed to the idea of states entirely.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some think it sounds great but,
of course they don't live there.

Probably a lot of those supporters
that we see on the internet
are actually in China?
M
It’s a public space. No one lived there anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been getting mine from video shot on location. You tubers and others love to video everything.
That's informative but I was addressing another poster's post, not yours.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I see, so the shoe is on another foot and so it's ok. As long as I don't involve you and yours it's fine.

See demonstrations are great, nobody thinks otherwise. But they should not occupy territory to the exclusion of others. They should not deface property public or otherwise. And I'm glad to hear that you admit this is a huge operation. Because that's exactly what it is and CHAZ is but one piece of it.
Sorry, that's not what I said. I said that your descriptive analogy was not a very good one. That's all.

Upvote 0