Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Even though I still have to go to communion tonight...

I am now chrismated and ORTHODOX!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

It took a while, the whole conversion ceremony and chrismation took 40 mins and one of my friends who stayed said his had taken 10. :D We're really good at doing things the long and complete way at my church... :thumbsup:

I'm finally home.... I cried like a baby when they sang God grant her many years. I'm so amazed that a choir of three can get soooo much volume.

PS/ Funny side note. I got my cross in Finland and Father was starting the blessing ceremony and said: This is a nice one, can't be from this country. I thought one of the nuns was going to crack up completely.

I'll post some pictures in a bit... and I will get some more tonight from our Reader.

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
khaleas said:

PS/ Funny side note. I got my cross in Finland and Father was starting the blessing ceremony and said: This is a nice one, can't be from this country. I thought one of the nuns was going to crack up completely.

Interesting. It's been my experience that most of the crosses available here in the U.S. are made in Italy, even the specifically Orthodox ones.

I got mine in Volgograd, Russia. It was a gift from my mother-in-law.

Upvote 0

Alexis OCA

Secrecy and Accountability Cannot Co-Exist
Sep 22, 2004
✟2,466.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
khaleas said:
Here's some pictures... I'm posting some pictures of the Tomb and church in the Taverna in a little...
I think the one kneeling is amazing... the focus on the candle...

Pictures are worth a thousand words, if not more! Wonderful!:clap:

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maximus said:
Interesting. It's been my experience that most of the crosses available here in the U.S. are made in Italy, even the specifically Orthodox ones.

I got mine in Volgograd, Russia. It was a gift from my mother-in-law.

The ones they sell at our church are from Russia... it was just more the timing than anything else that made it funny...

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
khaleas said:
The ones they sell at our church are from Russia... it was just more the timing than anything else that made it funny...

Mine has a prayer in Old Church Slavonic on the back. I like it a lot, and it was blessed by my old priest, who remains my all time favorite. :)

He's the one who guided me into the Orthodox Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Khaleas

Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
xenia said:
I always cry when I read these posts. I am so happy for you, and so happy for all of us.

WELCOME HOME, SISTER!

Thank you... from one Xenia to another! :)

I just realized I didn't put that in my initial email... my patron Saint is Holy Blessed Xenia of St. Petersburg.

AAAAAHHH, the woodpeckers have returned to the trees outside my apartment.... last summer I was ready to hire a sharpshooter... I love them dearly but not at 4-5 in the morning... when they start 'pecking' the trees rather vigorously...

Upvote 0

xenia

Contributor
Jan 2, 2004
Ultimate West
✟26,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
khaleas said:
Thank you... from one Xenia to another! :)

I just realized I didn't put that in my initial email... my patron Saint is Holy Blessed Xenia of St. Petersburg.

That is wonderful! We will have to remember to pray to St. Xenia for each other. :)

Attachments

• 46_1_b.jpeg
    46_1_b.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Xenia4.jpg
    Xenia4.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26
Upvote 0

Khaleas

Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
xenia said:
That is wonderful! We will have to remember to pray to St. Xenia for each other. :)

Where did you find those icons? I have never seen the one from 'the side'. If I'm able to go to St Petersburg I'm going to try to find us some more icons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.