How Would Know That God Is Calling You For Full Time?

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How would you know that God is calling or asking you for full time Ministry?.Sometimes it's not easy to identify,mostly when God calls you for full time ministry,especially at the peak of a successful carrer.

Hello Brother, Glad to see The Lord has made you in some way, question if this is your calling.

Honestly, what my father, who wandered if he should become a minister, said; was that, he asked alot of pastors and that they all gave him the same answer. The same answer he told me, and the same answer I'll tell you...:You'll just know....

Sorry, that really is all there is in my experience....

Take me for example, I used to have it all figured out, what my plan would be, where I would go, what i would do... then one day The Lord kinda put the thought in my mind somehow, and I started thinking about it....and, honestly, it just feels right... I feel this is what He wants me to do...

So just pray hard, and ask The Lord to help search your heart, and reveal to you what He wants you to do.

I will pray for you friend.

God Bless!
-The Current Lowest Servant

Upvote 0

JojotheBeloved

Part of the Family
Apr 18, 2014
✟8,622.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have to second what BrokenWarrior said. You just know. It's a deep and powerful conviction in your heart. A still small voice in your thoughts that in whispers seems to scream louder than anything else in your conscious mind. It's a fire in your bones that can't be ignored. It's what you do for Christ whether or not you're paid for it, but it is so powerful in your life you must set aside other pursuits and "seek first the kingdom of God." That's been my experience anyway.

Upvote 0

bort

Jul 28, 2015
✟15,281.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One Pastor I know told me that you will know by the feeling of just being unable to escape it. I remember when I inquired with him when the Lord was dealing with me. I asked him for advice and he said, "run!"

He was joking and didn't really mean to disobey God, but in those early times I learned the lesson of separating what I had a passion for and what was truly something God could only birth. I don't know if that makes any sense, but my point is I had to put preaching and other things on the backburner and purposely allow my desires to drift. The idea is if it was my will then my focus would naturally shift but if it was from God then He would bring it back. AKA A fire shut up in my bones that cannot be contained

Upvote 0