Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see several scenarios. Perhaps others can correct any misunderstandings I might have, or can suggest other alternatives...?

1. He will be defeated in 2020 and, because there will be a President elected who will not be sympathetic to his plight, Trump will be indicted for, amongst others, his obstruction of justice.

2. Fearing the likelihood of #1, he will step down before the 2020 election, in the understanding that President Pence would do a Gerald Ford and pardon him of all crimes, past and future.

3. He will be impeached, with the same outcome as #2.

4. He will lose the 2020 election and will then step down before Jan 2021, to allow Pence to briefly take the presidency in order to pardon him (not sure of this one...is that how it would work?)

5. He will be re-elected in 2020, allowing him to escape prosecution, as the Statute of Limitations will expire before his second term concludes.
His chances of reelection are becoming diminishingly small, I'm expecting him to lose in 2020. He still stands a chance of facing civil and criminal liabilities after leaving office and the obstruction allegations are far from settled. It's early for impeachment but you should realize it's an option, especially when the Trump administration is blocking any House investigation, subpoena, or otherwise legal action. This is going to get to a fevered pitch by 2020 and Trump is far from exonerated. Nothing is going to get done on Capitol Hill so we can forget about Trump signing some magical solution to the whole thing into law.

No wall, I'm puzzled that this isn't more significant to his supporters. Illegal immigration is going to be a major problem, with very few real solutions coming out of this administration. North Korea has started up it's missile testing again so he has lost credibility on his foreign affairs agenda. Russia is still a threat and apparently the Trump administration is obvious or worse.

If Trump is done something besides playing golf while in President I have yet to see it. He signs a bunch of stuff that can be negated the first day a Democrat President enters the office. I think he gets the catastrophic loss on election night he so richly deserves and then faces charges from the SDNY.

• Informative
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
His chances of reelection are becoming diminishingly small, I'm expecting him to lose in 2020. He still stands a chance of facing civil and criminal liabilities after leaving office and the obstruction allegations are far from settled. It's early for impeachment but you should realize it's an option, especially when the Trump administration is blocking any House investigation, subpoena, or otherwise legal action. This is going to get to a fevered pitch by 2020 and Trump is far from exonerated. Nothing is going to get done on Capitol Hill so we can forget about Trump signing some magical solution to the whole thing into law.

No wall, I'm puzzled that this isn't more significant to his supporters. Illegal immigration is going to be a major problem, with very few real solutions coming out of this administration. North Korea has started up it's missile testing again so he has lost credibility on his foreign affairs agenda. Russia is still a threat and apparently the Trump administration is obvious or worse.

If Trump is done something besides playing golf while in President I have yet to see it. He signs a bunch of stuff that can be negated the first day a Democrat President enters the office. I think he gets the catastrophic loss on election night he so richly deserves and then faces charges from the SDNY.

Are the chances of impeachment realistic though? Seems to me that Republican Senators, with an exception or two, have well and truly hitched their wagons to Trump, regardless of any scandal that has him at its centre. Do you think you could find 20 of them who could dredge up enough courage to act on principle...?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are the chances of impeachment realistic though? Seems to me that Republican Senators, with an exception or two, have well and truly hitched their wagons to Trump, regardless of any scandal that has him at its centre. Do you think you could find 20 of them who could dredge up enough courage to act on principle...?
I've never honestly thought impeachment was going to happen and it won't, unless there is some kind of smoking gun for obstruction. In order to get an impeachment it has to be bipartisan and a strong consensus among the public. I really don't see either right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums