How were you saved?

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally posted by webboffin
Saved huh? It is best we try to do God's wishes as much as we can through our lives (though I am still struggling with that) and we will only know if we are saved or not when we die and then by the power of the Lord we are ressurected. Our saviour is Gods' mercy not our decision, so the verdict is still open until then.
I am humble enough to realise that nobody should expect a guaranteed place in heaven as we all still have to go through judgement and I still have unforgiven sins in my life.
Or am I wrong about this?

Actually, webboffin, I believe you are wrong about this... :scratch: God tells us in Ephesians that we are not saved by works as you are saying, but by faith (Ephesians 2 -v.8 - it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- v.9 - not by works, so that no one can boast.  v. 10 - For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. ) 

Yes, we will be judged for the sins that we have committed, but God's blood covers all sins.  Our "passport to heaven" comes from believing in Him, trusting in Him, giving our lives to Him....accepting Him as our own personal Savior. 

God also tells us in Romans that "we have all sinned and will fall short of the glory of God."  (Romans 3:23)  Without God, we are all hopeless.  We have no hope of ever getting into heaven but through him.  In fact, without Him, we have all been issued a death sentence.  (Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord). 

There is only one way to change your eternal destiny - it's either heaven or hell.  God also said in Romans that "if you confess with your mouth, the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For with the heart man believes unto righteousness;and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  For the scripture says, whosoever believes on him shall not be ashamed.  Romans 10:9-10)

I do expect a guaranteed place in heaven because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am saved and God has been busy building my mansion preparing for me to return to His Kingdom.  :clap:   I am far from perfect and I sin daily, but as Paul said, I also die daily. 

Hope this make some sense - I can give you more verses if you would like, I just didn't have the time to put everything in here right now as I am at work.  If I can answer any questions, let me know!

**edited for a stupid spelling mistake!!!  :p

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Listening to Christian radio.

I was a Christianity-hater and tuned into Christian radio to make fun of it and what Christians believe. Over a period of a few months, I realized that it was all true, that Christ was the only way, and I got saved.

So, don't be cheap when supporting your local Christian radio station! People like me are getting saved because of it!

Upvote 0

Quiet Storm

Back in Shepherd's arms
Aug 19, 2002
Howard University
Visit site
✟1,269.00
Faith
Christian
You know, I can say that I honestly don't know exactly WHEN I got saved, because for as long as I can remember, I've been believing in Christ, and I THINK I accepted Him as my personal Lord and Savior long ago. I can remember that I did a rededication of my life December 1 2001, though. It's kind of a long story, but to make things short, there was a video shown, a sermon preached, and I felt lead by the Spirit to give my life to Christ all over again.

Upvote 0