“Therefore pride is their necklace;
violence covers them as a garment.
Their eyes swell out through fatness;
their hearts overflow with follies.
They scoff and speak with malice;
loftily they threaten oppression.
They set their mouths against the heavens,
and their tongue struts through the earth.”

The arrogant wicked have set their hearts against the Lord to bring him down. And, so they have devised evil against him, and against his gospel, and against his messengers. They have devised a fake substitute for the real gospel, which has the appearance of being the true gospel, but it is a lie.

But, what they are passing off as the true gospel is a stretch, i.e. it is not very believable, for it is full of holes. For, what they are promoting is the opposite of righteousness, godliness and holiness. For, their fake half-truth gospel requires no change of heart, no transformation of mind (thinking), no repentance, no obedience to Christ, and no submission to the cross of Christ.

Thus, it is vain, empty, fruitless, and unproductive with regard to salvation from slavery to sin, and with regard to eternal life with God.

Yet, its influence is far reaching, for it has superseded the true gospel of our salvation in the hearts of the majority, at least here in America. But, what it teaches is not holiness and godliness. What it teaches is that we can be saved from our sins and on our way to heaven, but that it doesn’t have to alter our lifestyles. We can continue in our sinful practices, it claims, without guilt and without punishment, for they say God’s grace covers it all.

Thus, they have lowered and devalued God’s moral standards, which are his boundary lines for us. And, the God and the Jesus they are presenting to the people are also not the God and the Jesus of the scriptures, but a false god and another Jesus other than the Jesus (God) of the scriptures. For, what they are presenting are a man-made God and a man-created Jesus (God) which appease human flesh, but do not put sin and the flesh to death.

And, that is because these arrogant wicked have fat bellies, i.e. they have insatiable appetites for the lusts of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes, and the pride of life, and all that this sinful world has to offer. And, so their fake god and their fake (half-truth) gospel accommodate those insatiable appetites.

How Can God Know?
Psalm 73:10-12 ESV

“Therefore his people turn back to them,
and find no fault in them.
And they say, ‘How can God know?
Is there knowledge in the Most High?’
Behold, these are the wicked;
always at ease, they increase in riches.”

Satan is the one behind these arrogant wicked and their plots to destroy the gospel of our salvation and to steal, kill and to destroy the church, our Lord’s sheep (See John 10; Revelation 12-14). And, he is turning the hearts of many who profess faith in Jesus Christ to follow His ways, instead.

It would seem, at least here in America, that the vast majority of those who profess faith in Jesus Christ have turned to follow after this fake God, this fake Jesus, and this fake (half-truth) gospel. For, people are flocking to these charlatans by the thousands, and perhaps millions. And, I am not speaking here merely of Mega churches, either. For, this fake gospel (cheap grace) is permeating the American church in little congregations, too.

So, not only does it appear that the vast majority of those who profess to be Christians in America are following after these charlatans and their cheap grace gospel, but by doing so they have invited this wickedness into their own hearts and lives. Thus, many are living in sin, while claiming Jesus as their Lord and heaven as their eternal destiny.

They do so arrogantly, too, because they have bought into Satan’s lies. And, they have convinced themselves that God doesn’t even see when they sin anymore, but that all he sees is Jesus when he looks at them. And, if they do begin to feel guilty about their sin, they just ease their consciences by claiming “who they are in Christ,” which is a lie if they are not really in Christ by genuine faith in him, which repents of sin and follows Jesus in obedience.

Coming to Understand
Psalm 73:16-17, 23-28 ESV

“But when I thought how to understand this,
it seemed to me a wearisome task,
until I went into the sanctuary of God;
then I discerned their end.

“Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

“For behold, those who are far from you shall perish;
you put an end to everyone who is unfaithful to you.
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord God my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.”

So, if we want to have understanding of all of this, we need to turn to the scriptures, but we have to read them in context, as a whole, and not “cherry pick” the ones we like while rejecting the ones that we don’t like.

We need to hear the full message of the gospel, not this half-truth altered gospel message that is conformed to the image of man, instead of conformed to the image of Christ. We need to take in the whole truth, the whole counsel of God, and not listen to these lies which are a cover-up for evil, and which allow people to continue in sinful practices unhindered.

We need to sit under the counsel of the Most High God and not under the counsel of the arrogant wicked in their deceitful scheming. We need to not get our truth from sermons or books coming from mere mortals, but we need to study the scriptures for ourselves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit so that we can discern truth from error. And, we need to be testing whatever we hear against the scriptures (in context), too.

And, there we will discover the truth. And, our eyes will be opened to see all the deception that is being passed off as truth, but that is really a lie straight from hell intended to lead all who would have faith in Jesus Christ to go after their flesh, and to follow the ways of man rather than the ways of God.

In the scriptures, in the New Testament, in particular, as we read book by book, chapter by chapter, and verse by verse, seeking God’s face and his truth, we will learn what the truth is as opposed to the lies.

The Truth in Jesus

For, we will learn that Jesus died, not just to forgive us our sins and to promise us heaven when we die, but he died that we might die with him to sin and that we might live with him to righteousness. He died that we might no longer live for ourselves, but for him who gave his life up for us (1 Pet. 2:24; 2 Co. 5:15; Rom. 6:1-23; Rom. 8:1-17; Eph. 4:17-24; 1 Jn. 1:5-9).

And, we will learn that Jesus shed his blood for us on that cross to buy us back for God that we might now be God’s possession, that he might be our Lord and Master, and that we might glorify God now with our lives, not glory in our flesh (1 Co. 6:20; Eph. 2:10; Tit. 2:14; 2 Co. 5:21).

We will learn, as well, that if we walk (in lifestyle) according to the Spirit, that we have eternal life with God, and salvation from sin. But, if we walk (in lifestyle, in conduct) according to our flesh, that we are going to die in our sins because we would not die to our sins (Lu. 9:23-26; Rom. 6:1-23; Rom. 8:1-17; Eph. 4:17-24; 1 Jn. 1:5-9; Gal. 5:16-21; Eph. 5:3-6; 1 Jn. 2:3-6).

And, we will learn, too, that we are all going to reap what we sow in this life. If we sow to please our sinful flesh, from that flesh we will reap destruction (decay, death). But, if we sow to please the Spirit, then from the Spirit we will reap eternal life. We are not promised heaven on a mere profession of faith, but only on a walk of faith in Jesus Christ (Gal. 6:7-8; Rom. 2:6-8).

Psalm 19

Song lyrics taken from Psalm 19 KJV

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul:
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart:
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever:
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold:
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

*Caution: This link may contain ads