New York
✟8,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A few months ago, I've made a friend online. I don't tell strangers I make friends with online my real name and use an alias name. This is because I want to be safe. Now that I am a new christian, I am trying to stop the sin of lying. I feel so bad I lied to my friend about my name. He is so kind and I trust him. I don't think he is a bad person. I want to tell him the truth and my real name, but I'm afraid he will stop talking to me because he will see me as a liar.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A few months ago, I've made a friend online. I don't tell strangers I make friends with online my real name and use an alias name. This is because I want to be safe. Now that I am a new christian, I am trying to stop the sin of lying. I feel so bad I lied to my friend about my name. He is so kind and I trust him. I don't think he is a bad person. I want to tell him the truth and my real name, but I'm afraid he will stop talking to me because he will see me as a liar.

Don't tell strangers anything online. If you become friends, and that takes time, then tell them your favorite color. Take it slow, no virtual relationship is worth real life consequences. If it becomes real, it will be real.

Reactions: Ara01
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want to tell him the truth and my real name, but I'm afraid he will stop talking to me because he will see me as a liar.

If he is an on line user he will know what ' user names ' are and why.
If he has any regard for you he will not be pushing for your real name etc.

You want to tell the truth, talk about Jesus.

Reactions: Ara01
Upvote 0