Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All of these events happened today, February 9th 2023. I was outside, going to a spot I went to before to write more evangelism verses on papers to spread around, when there was a red truck that rolled out of the side of the road and directly blocked that spot, and there were people at the scene.

John 17:2 "As God gave Jesus authority over ALL FLESH, that he should give eternal life to as many as God have Him."

It was winter out. I found a new spot, it was later at night, dark, the orange hues of the lights gave light. Jesus Christ is the true light though. Believe in Him with faith alone and be permanently saved, thus everyone will become believers in Christ, the light, and all will go to Heaven.

Gen. 18:18 "ALL the nations of the earth shall be blessed."

My pen ink would freeze, where no black lines would go on the lined page. No scissors to cut the torn page in two, I would have to tear them myself, two verses on one piece of paper. My hands would get white parts on it, I’m unsure if this is frostbite or not. I wear gloves, hard to write. My right hand wrist hurts, I keep writing. Minutes on end would past.

Isaiah 65:1 God "reveals Himself by those who did not ask for Him: He was found by those who did not seek Him."

I was at a location and realized the time was approaching an important deadline. So I ran to the bus stop, luckily a transit bus came on time, and I ran and I made it before the details started to be discussed. I still had the papers stuffed in my left pants pocket, my left jacket pocket. After, I came out.

Psalm 107:43 Let the wise man lay these things to heart, and ponder the record of the Lord's enduring love.

I then realized that I had lost something very important, a means to go to a location. I searched, I ran for blocks on end, while delivering the Gospel truth, that Jesus Christ will save everyone. Believe in Christ with faith only and be saved permanently! Thus, all people in all nations will become believers in Jesus, the light, and all will go to Heaven.

Psalm 18:30 The way of God is perfect.

My hands are warming up now as I type this. I came here, exhausted, gasping for air, my breathe. As I ran outside, I spoke through a whisper, a gasping of breath, for the Lord to help me find what I was looking for, and when I found it, I thanked the Lord of Hosts for helping me find it. He is gracious and merciful, this is true. I asked Him to give me the power to run, more energy, to deliver the Gospel truth to just one more soul. I have delivered these truths from person (me) to person (other). And the messages say something similar to these words. A Bible verse. Believe in Christ with faith alone to be permanently saved. And at the back. Christian Universalism. www.jesus-saves-all.com Everyone will go to Heaven.

Hebrews 1:2: "He [God] has spoken to us by his Son, whom He appointed the heir of all things."

I call a paper a “Truth” and I deliver these “Truths” as a mere ordinary human messenger. When I went back to a location, looking for my lost item, I found a place to place a truth, which I had not previously considered, so I believe that was God’s way of telling me to put it there. I spoke, and asked the Lord something along the lines of “Is this the reason you brought me back here Lord, to place this truth here?” I have placed these truths and the truths have disappeared, which implies people have read it. I have delivered it in person to person, handing it over, which implies it was read.

Psalm 17:7 Show me how marvelous thy true love can be.

I view these truths each as a seed. The seed of faith alone, when someone reads, I hope they believe in Christ with faith alone to be permanently saved. So the Holy Spirit, the Ruach Adonai, can permanently dwell within them. And thus, everyone will eventually learn this truth. But I hope, that by delivering these truths, I can help people learn sooner rather than later, to spare them from some suffering, I hope. And the Lord Jesus is my blessed hope. He will never fail because love never fails.

Philippians 2:10-11: "At the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

And it was at that location where I placed the last truth for the day, that I then realized I had my important item on my person this whole time. Thus, I thanked the Lord, and I ran to the bus stop. And I saw another person running, and then there was a child running, and I saw another person running, but this time in the direction opposite of where I was running. I saw this as a message. I hope, my running around, spreading the Christian Universalist truth, can encourage others, to run from place to place, placing truths wherever they go, and handing them around. That’s soul winning. And how fitting it’s named “winning” because Christian Universalism is the Victorious Gospel!

Acts 3:21: “[Jesus] must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of ALL things, as God promised long ago through the prophets."

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All of these events happened today, February 9th 2023. I was outside, going to a spot I went to before to write more evangelism verses on papers to spread around, when there was a red truck that rolled out of the side of the road and directly blocked that spot, and there were people at the scene.
John 17:2 "As God gave Jesus authority over ALL FLESH, that he should give eternal life to as many as God have Him."
It was winter out. I found a new spot, it was later at night, dark, the orange hues of the lights gave light. Jesus Christ is the true light though. Believe in Him with faith alone and be permanently saved, thus everyone will become believers in Christ, the light, and all will go to Heaven.
My pen ink would freeze, where no black lines would go on the lined page. No scissors to cut the torn page in two, I would have to tear them myself, two verses on one piece of paper. My hands would get white parts on it, I’m unsure if this is frostbite or not. I wear gloves, hard to write. My right hand wrist hurts, I keep writing. Minutes on end would past.
Isaiah 65:1 God "reveals Himself by those who did not ask for Him: He was found by those who did not seek Him."
I was at a location and realized the time was approaching an important deadline. So I ran to the bus stop, luckily a transit bus came on time, and I ran and I made it before the details started to be discussed. I still had the papers stuffed in my left pants pocket, my left jacket pocket. After, I came out.
Psalm 107:43 Let the wise man lay these things to heart, and ponder the record of the Lord's enduring love.
I then realized that I had lost something very important, a means to go to a location. I searched, I ran for blocks on end, while delivering the Gospel truth, that Jesus Christ will save everyone. Believe in Christ with faith only and be saved permanently! Thus, all people in all nations will become believers in Jesus, the light, and all will go to Heaven.
My hands are warming up now as I type this. I came here, exhausted, gasping for air, my breathe. As I ran outside, I spoke through a whisper, a gasping of breath, for the Lord to help me find what I was looking for, and when I found it, I thanked the Lord of Hosts for helping me find it. He is gracious and merciful, this is true. I asked Him to give me the power to run, more energy, to deliver the Gospel truth to just one more soul. I have delivered these truths from person (me) to person (other). And the messages say something similar to these words. A Bible verse. Believe in Christ with faith alone to be permanently saved. And at the back. Christian Universalism. www.jesus-saves-all.com Everyone will go to Heaven.
Hebrews 1:2: "He [God] has spoken to us by his Son, whom He appointed the heir of all things."
I call a paper a “Truth” and I deliver these “Truths” as a mere ordinary human messenger. When I went back to a location, looking for my lost item, I found a place to place a truth, which I had not previously considered, so I believe that was God’s way of telling me to put it there. I spoke, and asked the Lord something along the lines of “Is this the reason you brought me back here Lord, to place this truth here?” I have placed these truths and the truths have disappeared, which implies people have read it. I have delivered it in person to person, handing it over, which implies it was read.
I view these truths each as a seed. The seed of faith alone, when someone reads, I hope they believe in Christ with faith alone to be permanently saved. So the Holy Spirit, the Ruach Adonai, can permanently dwell within them. And thus, everyone will eventually learn this truth. But I hope, that by delivering these truths, I can help people learn sooner rather than later, to spare them from some suffering, I hope. And the Lord Jesus is my blessed hope. He will never fail because love never fails.
Philippians 2:10-11: "At the name of Jesus every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
And it was at that location where I placed the last truth for the day, that I then realized I had my important item on my person this whole time. Thus, I thanked the Lord, and I ran to the bus stop. And I saw another person running, and then there was a child running, and I saw another person running, but this time in the direction opposite of where I was running. I saw this as a message. I hope, my running around, spreading the Christian Universalist truth, can encourage others, to run from place to place, placing truths wherever they go, and handing them around. That’s soul winning. And how fitting it’s named “winning” because Christian Universalism is the Victorious Gospel!
Acts 3:21: “[Jesus] must remain in heaven until the time for the final restoration of ALL things, as God promised long ago through the prophets."
Anyone can make the Bible say almost anything by quoting selective verses out-of-context as in this post. You quoted vs. 21 but ignored vs. 23.
(21) Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
(22) For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
(23) And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

are you a Catholic? not sure of this universal heaven for all. few accept Jesus these days. maybe not in China though. you are doing good work, but not sure of the truth of that gospel. are we reading the same Bible?

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another evangelism experience I had

Insults​

[Summary: @VsdAd thinks I’m a robot. @Birb promotes Satanism. @Bear, believer in Christ, but insults others. @Sleezy, friend of Bear. And @me of course. I use different account names.]

@VsdAd I am not an admin here, I am only a human messenger of Christ's truth, that all will be saved by faith alone in Him :)

@Birb Christianity, is unlike other religions, where people follow rules out of fear of punishment. Believe in Christ and be saved. Thus, a relationship of love.

@VsdAd I am not a robot, I am a human typing these messages to you my friend

Lol, do my messages sound that robotic XD

[And a person comes and believes I’m a robot so I say]

I can prove to you the Bible is true

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

@Birb All gay and transgender people will go to Heaven. Because the only thing that matters to be saved is believing in Christ with faith alone.

And that includes other parts of the spectrum, like 2SLBT. Faith alone in Jxsus is the only important thing. That's the only way to Heaven :D

@Birb Those who don't believe stay in Sheol when they die, the realm of the dead. There's no physical torture or anything btw

No loving God would torture people forever. It's just, temporary seperation from God, until they are convinced to believe in Christ

@VsdAd If someone wants to be in Hell aka Sheol, then they can stay there for as long as they want, that's their choice,

@VsdAd Eventually, after who knows how long, months or years, they'll realize they'd rather be in Heaven and believe in Christ and be saved.

1 Samuel 2:6 The Lord kills and he gives life, he sends down to Sheol, he can bring the dead up again.

@Birb Denomination is just a bunch of titles. But people call me a "Christain Univeralist". I believe everyone will go to Heaven. As Christ saves all.

Heb. 8:11 "ALL shall know the Lord, from the least of them to the greatest of them."

Hello Bear my friend!

I was just talking to Birb and Vsad about Christianity

Oh, sorry. Sometimes I'm AFK since I talk to family members IRL and help them with projects.

You can email me on my website and I can respond that way, since live chat goes by very quick lol. Or message on

@Birb Greek Mythology has multiple Gods and they believe people are tortured forever if they don't believe, which is cruel.

There is only one God and He is a God of love, a God of Peace, He is the Lord Jxsus.

@Bear Hello my friend!

@VSdAd Christ is real, His words are real. I am just a messenger for His truth

that's really awesome!!

my friend, I am truly honored and humbled that you made this drawing and message.

This is very true! Holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come.

Lets not kick them.

I am answering they're questions about Christianity, they are interested in learning the truth.

Christ, the name above all names.

If you kick them, it will prevent them from learning more about Jxsus. I wish to educate them the truth my friend

Of course, the Lord commands us to honor Him. But He also says to preach the Gospel everywhere, even when we are persecuted.

I love the Lord too. But we must show them Bible verses, to teach them the errors in their ways, that's the only way to get to them.

@Bear That is very good my friend, to keep the commandments of God, it is an instance of the fruit that results after salvation through faith alone.

[And bear starts spamming the word HARAM]

Haram? What does that mean?

And bear says “it means forbidden” in reference to an upside down cross that someone drew on a Bible verse.

Oh I see, that's interesting, I did not know that. Thanks for the info my friend

And bear says “Won’t be funny when you’re burning in Hell for eternity” (FALSE!!!)

So I say @Bear Nobody will burn in Hell for eternity. Hell will be emptied out. All people in Sheol will be convinced to believe in Christ and be saved, my friend

Psalm 145:16 God will "open His hand and satisfy the desire of EVERY living thing."

The wages of sin is death, as shown in Book of Romans, thus they are stuck in Sheol, the realm of the dead. There's no physical torture forever, no loving God would do that.

Christ paid the wages of sin, death, and resurrected. Thus, death is the consequence. And everyone will eventually believe in Christ, be washed of their sins and be made alive.

1 John 2:2: "He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world."

[And Bear wrote down a harsh insult, like a swear word, at others]

@Bear Why do you write down this insult? We must love each other, not hate

I would like to apologize on behalf of bear, this is not loving at all :(

@Bear do not insult them, bless them.

Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them

Matthew 5:44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

@Bear Please do not insult them, my friend

Bear my friend, do you remember what Jxsus said when Christ was crucifed? He said

Luke 23:34 And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments.

[And Bear says he does not want to bless them]

1 Peter 3:9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing

Bear, please. We must be nice to them.

Luke 6:28 Bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.

@Bear Do not insult them, the Lord Christ commands us to be nice to people.

Luke 6:27 But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

@Vsdad I wish you a nice day too my friend, Christ blesses you :D

Why do you call me good? There is nobody who is good except Our Father, who is in Heaven.

Only faith alone in Christ makes someone righteous

Oh, I see now Birb.

Listen Bear. Christ commands us to love others, to spread the Gospel with respect and kindness.

John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us

John 13:35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

The Lord is against bullying people, He is against personal harassment and verbal abuse

@Bear Christ had love for all people, even for us, while we were still sinners

@Bear Leave vengeance and judgement to the Lord, we are all sinners, who are we to cast stones at others?

The Lord alone is righteous, only He can judge, and yet, He chose to die for us and save us all.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

Romans 12:19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”

@Bear. Hold in your wrath and anger, and let the Lord avenge you instead. He will be the judge

The Lord is aware of all things, good and bad, that people do. He will be the judge of the whole world.

The Lord is aware of everything, He knows everything, He is omnipresent, omniscient. He is the author of all good.

Revelation 1:8 I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Why do you say animals are good? Why do you say humans are good? There is no one who is good except the Lord God Almighty

Colossians 2:9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

We must not hate them as a person.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.

Why do you hate people, when Christ commands us to love people?

Hyince says “I saw you last night, why don’t you take a break, bud?”

@Hyince Like the Cherubim, similarly I have no rest. Day and night I will proclaim "Holy holy holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come"

Though, I do sleep, don't worry lol. But I like to keep on to answer people's questions :)

@Hyince Christ has commanded us to spread the Gospel everywhere, to all people, such as the people here my friend.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.

Also, I go into the real world and spread the Gospel in the city too. But when I'm at home, resting, since it's dark and cold out tonight, I spread the Gospel online too.

If you're in my area, maybe we'll run into each other in public some day lol

I am a Christian. Thus, I believe Christ will save everyone through faith alone, and all people will go to Heaven eventually.

The God of Peace will soon crush Satan under his feet

Romans says, we are all sinners. Only faith alone in Christ washes away our sins. Like Original Sin we are born with from Adam and Even in the Garden of Eden.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

@Bear Even all the lost sheep will return to the Shepard, Christ, by faith alone and be saved.

Bear, you and I may be first, but rest assured, there are plenty more to come.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But in fact Christ has been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

@Bear Unfortunately, there are those who hate Jxsus, and that is evil. Only God is good. All people are sinners. Only faith alone in Christ washes away all sins.

The LORD is against all the evil in the world, He rebukes inequity.

@Hyince And Christ will restore order to these lands, a New Heaven, New Jerusalem, will be made, with a tree at the center for the healing of all nations!

@Bear I hope they took Christ's truth to heart, and realized the error in their ways.

Let sleezy stay, they are friend of Bear, and Bear is my friend too

A spiritual battlefield

What is this?

Making children cry? That is evil

We must not make the children cry

Let us convert the evil person to righteousness, to Christ

Ephesians 6:4 Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

This person makes children cry, that is evil

We must protect children, their bodies are temples

Why does this mention abuse, that is evil

The Lord is against evil. That person promoted abuse.

The Lord loves the person, but hates the sin. That's the truth.

Nice Bear, I agree with that!

Alright, now this is how it's done!

@Bear Gonna have a great time celebrating with you in Heaven my friend!

1 John 3:4 Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

YES!!!! Everyone in this server, believe in Christ to wash away your sins!!!

@Bear Well, there's gonna be rivers there, like the garden of Eden, that's for sure.

Imagine what sort of things God will create for those who love them.

Like, looking around at the stars in the galaxy, the planets. How awesome and marvelous the Lord's might is!!!!

I will draw a tree for the healing of all nations in New Jerusalem.

AMEN!!!!

Revelation 22:2 Through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

You looking fresh off the block

Got that summer style goin on, looks just like you!

Don't kick Sleezy

Wow, Sleezy that was a close kick

Lol they goin after me now fr

They be doublin down

I took a screenshot so I will copy a portion of the conversation to @Birb.

Birb says “What is your religion”

I say “Christian”

Birb says “Satanists, like if you’re child said one day they we’re one would you try to change them”

I say “Yes with kindness”

Birb says “Why though”

I say “Satan wants to torture everyone”

Birb says “But what if they seem himself good?”

I say “No one is good except God”’

Birb says “What if they see him as god”

I say “There is only one God, the LORD”

I'm back my friend Bear and Sleezy!!!

We got the whole gang here

If that pitbull was going after my child I would run straight at the dog and take it down, I must protect my family.

one of the most realistic drawings i've seen on here, fr

dude's popping off, shouting "LETS GOOOOO!!!!"

10/10 for realism, EZ

like if i took a photo of him, he'd look just like that

yooo searched on google. looks just like him!!!!

aw many i was gonna friend her fr

she left before i could send a fr smh

tbh, i think you can still say your point without adding any extra insulting words

like, it's good you're rebuking people for evil, just don't add any like personal insults. attack the sin, not the person, if that makes sense.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Timothy 3 in context:

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud,abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men,their folly will be clear to everyone.

A Final Charge to Timothy​

10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch,Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured.Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures,which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching,rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a]may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Samuel 2 in context:

Hannah’s Prayer​

2 Then Hannah prayed and said:

“My heart rejoices in the Lord;
in the Lord my horn[a] is lifted high.
My mouth boasts over my enemies,
for I delight in your deliverance.
2 “There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.
3 “Do not keep talking so proudly
or let your mouth speak such arrogance,
for the Lord is a God who knows,
and by him deeds are weighed.
4 “The bows of the warriors are broken,
but those who stumbled are armed with strength.
5 Those who were full hire themselves out for food,
but those who were hungry are hungry no more.
She who was barren has borne seven children,
but she who has had many sons pines away.
6 “The Lord brings death and makes alive;
he brings down to the grave and raises up.
7 The Lord sends poverty and wealth;
he humbles and he exalts.
8 He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap;
he seats them with princes
and has them inherit a throne of honor.
“For the foundations of the earth are the Lord’s;
on them he has set the world.
9 He will guard the feet of his faithful servants,
but the wicked will be silenced in the place of darkness.
“It is not by strength that one prevails;
10 those who oppose the Lord will be broken.
The Most High will thunder from heaven;
the Lord will judge the ends of the earth.
“He will give strength to his king
and exalt the horn of his anointed.”
11 Then Elkanah went home to Ramah, but the boy ministered before the Lord under Eli the priest.

Eli’s Wicked Sons​

12 Eli’s sons were scoundrels; they had no regardfor the Lord. 13 Now it was the practice of the priests that, whenever any of the people offered a sacrifice, the priest’s servant would come with a three-pronged fork in his hand while the meatwas being boiled 14 and would plunge the fork into the pan or kettle or caldron or pot. Whatever the fork brought up the priest would take for himself. This is how they treated all the Israelites who came to Shiloh. 15 But even before the fat was burned, the priest’s servant would come and say to the person who was sacrificing, “Give the priest some meat to roast; he won’t accept boiled meat from you, but only raw.”
16 If the person said to him, “Let the fat be burned first, and then take whatever you want,” the servant would answer, “No, hand it over now; if you don’t, I’ll take it by force.”
17 This sin of the young men was very great in the Lord’s sight, for they[b] were treating the Lord’s offering with contempt.
18 But Samuel was ministering before the Lord—a boy wearing a linen ephod. 19 Each year his mother made him a little robe and took it to him when she went up with her husband to offer the annual sacrifice. 20 Eli would bless Elkanah and his wife, saying, “May the Lord give you children by this woman to take the place of the one she prayed for and gave to[c] the Lord.” Then they would go home. 21 And the Lord was gracious to Hannah; she gave birth to three sons and two daughters. Meanwhile, the boy Samuel grew up in the presence of the Lord.
22 Now Eli, who was very old, heard about everything his sons were doing to all Israel and how they slept with the women who served at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 23 So he said to them, “Why do you do such things? I hear from all the people about these wicked deeds of yours.24 No, my sons; the report I hear spreading among the Lord’s people is not good. 25 If one person sins against another, God[d] may mediate for the offender; but if anyone sins against the Lord, who will intercede for them?” His sons, however, did not listen to their father’s rebuke, for it was the Lord’s will to put them to death.
26 And the boy Samuel continued to grow in stature and in favor with the Lord and with people.

Prophecy Against the House of Eli​

27 Now a man of God came to Eli and said to him, “This is what the Lord says: ‘Did I not clearly reveal myself to your ancestor’s family when they were in Egypt under Pharaoh? 28 I chose your ancestor out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to go up to my altar, to burn incense, and to wear an ephod in my presence. I also gave your ancestor’s family all the food offerings presented by the Israelites. 29 Why do you[e] scorn my sacrifice and offering that I prescribed for my dwelling? Why do you honor your sons more than me by fattening yourselves on the choice parts of every offering made by my people Israel?’
30 “Therefore the Lord, the God of Israel, declares: ‘I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.’ But now the Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained. 31 The time is coming when I will cut short your strength and the strength of your priestly house, so that no one in it will reach old age, 32 and you will see distress in my dwelling. Although good will be done to Israel, no one in your family line will ever reach old age.33 Every one of you that I do not cut off from serving at my altar I will spare only to destroy your sight and sap your strength, and all your descendants will die in the prime of life.
34 “‘And what happens to your two sons, Hophni and Phinehas, will be a sign to you—they will both die on the same day. 35 I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind. I will firmly establish his priestly house, and they will minister before my anointed one always. 36 Then everyone left in your family line will come and bow down before him for a piece of silver and a loaf of bread and plead, “Appoint me to some priestly office so I can have food to eat.”’”

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You get the idea... I hope.

In the past several years, universalism has seen a resurgence. Many adherents prefer different names for it: inclusion, the greater faith, or the larger hope. Tentmaker calls it "The Victorious Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Universalism applies passages like Acts 3:21 and Colossians 1:20 to mean that God intends to restore all things to their original state of purity through Jesus Christ (Romans 5:18; Hebrews 2:9), so that in the end everyone will be brought into a right relationship with God (1 Corinthians 15:24–28).

But such a view runs counter to the teaching of the Bible that "all who call upon the name of the Lord" will be united to Christ and eternally saved, not all people in general.

Jesus Christ taught that those who reject him as Savior will spend eternity in hell after they die:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh, I've seen that link when searching through Google Search results. But I appreciate you bringing it up so I can talk about it. Christian Universalism is the truth and it is what Jesus taught.

1 Corinthians 15:22 "In Christ shall all be made alive"
Luke 19:10: "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I've seen that link when searching through Google Search results. But I appreciate you bringing it up so I can talk about it. Christian Universalism is the truth and it is what Jesus taught.

1 Corinthians 15:22 "In Christ shall all be made alive"
Luke 19:10: "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost."

1 Corinthians 15 in context:

The Resurrection of Christ

15 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

9 For I am the least of the apostles and do not even deserve to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 11 Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

The Resurrection of the Dead

12 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18 Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

29 Now if there is no resurrection, what will those do who are baptized for the dead? If the dead are not raised at all, why are people baptized for them? 30 And as for us, why do we endanger ourselves every hour? 31 I face death every day—yes, just as surely as I boast about you in Christ Jesus our Lord. 32 If I fought wild beasts in Ephesus with no more than human hopes, what have I gained? If the dead are not raised,

“Let us eat and drink,
for tomorrow we die.”[d]
33 Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”[e] 34 Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God—I say this to your shame.

The Resurrection Body

35 But someone will ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?” 36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies. 37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else. 38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body. 39 Not all flesh is the same: People have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another. 40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another. 41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.

42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. 45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[f]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit. 46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the dust of the earth; the second man is of heaven. 48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the heavenly man, so also are those who are of heaven. 49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we[g] bear the image of the heavenly man.

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[h]

55 “Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Luke 19 in context:

Zacchaeus the Tax Collector

19 Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.

7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

The Parable of the Ten Minas

11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once. 12 He said: “A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return. 13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a] ‘Put this money to work,’ he said, ‘until I come back.’

14 “But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, ‘We don’t want this man to be our king.’

15 “He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.

16 “The first one came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned ten more.’

17 “‘Well done, my good servant!’ his master replied. ‘Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.’

18 “The second came and said, ‘Sir, your mina has earned five more.’

19 “His master answered, ‘You take charge of five cities.’

20 “Then another servant came and said, ‘Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth. 21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.’

22 “His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then didn’t you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?’

24 “Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.’

25 “‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’

26 “He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what they have will be taken away. 27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’”

Jesus Comes to Jerusalem as King

28 After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem. 29 As he approached Bethphage and Bethany at the hill called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, 30 “Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 31 If anyone asks you, ‘Why are you untying it?’ say, ‘The Lord needs it.’”

32 Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. 33 As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, “Why are you untying the colt?”

34 They replied, “The Lord needs it.”

35 They brought it to Jesus, threw their cloaks on the colt and put Jesus on it. 36 As he went along, people spread their cloaks on the road.

37 When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”
“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

41 As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42 and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43 The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Jesus at the Temple

45 When Jesus entered the temple courts, he began to drive out those who were selling. 46 “It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be a house of prayer’[c]; but you have made it ‘a den of robbers.’[d]”

47 Every day he was teaching at the temple. But the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the leaders among the people were trying to kill him. 48 Yet they could not find any way to do it, because all the people hung on his words.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 26 In context:

A Song of Praise

26 In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:

We have a strong city;
God makes salvation
its walls and ramparts.
2 Open the gates
that the righteous nation may enter,
the nation that keeps faith.
3 You will keep in perfect peace
those whose minds are steadfast,
because they trust in you.
4 Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.
5 He humbles those who dwell on high,
he lays the lofty city low;
he levels it to the ground
and casts it down to the dust.
6 Feet trample it down—
the feet of the oppressed,
the footsteps of the poor.
7 The path of the righteous is level;
you, the Upright One, make the way of the righteous smooth.
8 Yes, Lord, walking in the way of your laws,[a]
we wait for you;
your name and renown
are the desire of our hearts.
9 My soul yearns for you in the night;
in the morning my spirit longs for you.
When your judgments come upon the earth,
the people of the world learn righteousness.
10 But when grace is shown to the wicked,
they do not learn righteousness;
even in a land of uprightness they go on doing evil
and do not regard the majesty of the Lord.
11 Lord, your hand is lifted high,
but they do not see it.
Let them see your zeal for your people and be put to shame;
let the fire reserved for your enemies consume them.
12 Lord, you establish peace for us;
all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
13 Lord our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us,
but your name alone do we honor.
14 They are now dead, they live no more;
their spirits do not rise.
You punished them and brought them to ruin;
you wiped out all memory of them.
15 You have enlarged the nation, Lord;
you have enlarged the nation.
You have gained glory for yourself;
you have extended all the borders of the land.
16 Lord, they came to you in their distress;
when you disciplined them,
they could barely whisper a prayer.
17 As a pregnant woman about to give birth
writhes and cries out in her pain,
so were we in your presence, Lord.
18 We were with child, we writhed in labor,
but we gave birth to wind.
We have not brought salvation to the earth,
and the people of the world have not come to life.
19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psalm 118 in context:

Psalm 118

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2 Let Israel say:
“His love endures forever.”
3 Let the house of Aaron say:
4 Let those who fear the Lord say:
5 When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;
he brought me into a spacious place.
6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
I look in triumph on my enemies.
8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans.
9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.
10 All the nations surrounded me,
but in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
11 They surrounded me on every side,
but in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
12 They swarmed around me like bees,
but they were consumed as quickly as burning thorns;
in the name of the Lord I cut them down.
13 I was pushed back and about to fall,
but the Lord helped me.
14 The Lord is my strength and my defense[a];
he has become my salvation.
15 Shouts of joy and victory
resound in the tents of the righteous:
“The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!
16 The Lord’s right hand is lifted high;
the Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!”
17 I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the Lord has done.
18 The Lord has chastened me severely,
but he has not given me over to death.
19 Open for me the gates of the righteous;
I will enter and give thanks to the Lord.
20 This is the gate of the Lord
through which the righteous may enter.
21 I will give you thanks, for you answered me;
you have become my salvation.
22 The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
23 the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes.
24 The Lord has done it this very day;
let us rejoice today and be glad.
25 Lord, save us!
Lord, grant us success!
26 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
From the house of the Lord we bless you.
27 The Lord is God,
and he has made his light shine on us.
With boughs in hand, join in the festal procession
up[c] to the horns of the altar.
28 You are my God, and I will praise you;
you are my God, and I will exalt you.
29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psalm 107 in context:

1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
2 Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—
those he redeemed from the hand of the foe,
3 those he gathered from the lands,
from east and west, from north and south.[a]
4 Some wandered in desert wastelands,
finding no way to a city where they could settle.
5 They were hungry and thirsty,
and their lives ebbed away.
6 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he delivered them from their distress.
7 He led them by a straight way
to a city where they could settle.
8 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
9 for he satisfies the thirsty
and fills the hungry with good things.
10 Some sat in darkness, in utter darkness,
prisoners suffering in iron chains,
11 because they rebelled against God’s commands
and despised the plans of the Most High.
12 So he subjected them to bitter labor;
they stumbled, and there was no one to help.
13 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
14 He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness,
and broke away their chains.
15 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind,
16 for he breaks down gates of bronze
and cuts through bars of iron.
17 Some became fools through their rebellious ways
and suffered affliction because of their iniquities.
18 They loathed all food
and drew near the gates of death.
19 Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,
and he saved them from their distress.
20 He sent out his word and healed them;
he rescued them from the grave.
21 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind.
22 Let them sacrifice thank offerings
and tell of his works with songs of joy.
23 Some went out on the sea in ships;
they were merchants on the mighty waters.
24 They saw the works of the Lord,
his wonderful deeds in the deep.
25 For he spoke and stirred up a tempest
that lifted high the waves.
26 They mounted up to the heavens and went down to the depths;
in their peril their courage melted away.
27 They reeled and staggered like drunkards;
they were at their wits’ end.
28 Then they cried out to the Lord in their trouble,
and he brought them out of their distress.
29 He stilled the storm to a whisper;
the waves of the sea were hushed.
30 They were glad when it grew calm,
and he guided them to their desired haven.
31 Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love
and his wonderful deeds for mankind.
32 Let them exalt him in the assembly of the people
and praise him in the council of the elders.
33 He turned rivers into a desert,
flowing springs into thirsty ground,
34 and fruitful land into a salt waste,
because of the wickedness of those who lived there.
35 He turned the desert into pools of water
and the parched ground into flowing springs;
36 there he brought the hungry to live,
and they founded a city where they could settle.
37 They sowed fields and planted vineyards
that yielded a fruitful harvest;
38 he blessed them, and their numbers greatly increased,
and he did not let their herds diminish.
39 Then their numbers decreased, and they were humbled
by oppression, calamity and sorrow;
40 he who pours contempt on nobles
made them wander in a trackless waste.
41 But he lifted the needy out of their affliction
and increased their families like flocks.
42 The upright see and rejoice,
but all the wicked shut their mouths.
43 Let the one who is wise heed these things
and ponder the loving deeds of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Psalm 18 in context;

For the director of music. Of David the servant of the Lord. He sang to the Lord the words of this song when the Lord delivered him from the hand of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:

1 I love you, Lord, my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.
3 I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.
4 The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
5 The cords of the grave coiled around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
6 In my distress I called to the Lord;
I cried to my God for help.
From his temple he heard my voice;
my cry came before him, into his ears.
7 The earth trembled and quaked,
and the foundations of the mountains shook;
they trembled because he was angry.
8 Smoke rose from his nostrils;
consuming fire came from his mouth,
burning coals blazed out of it.
9 He parted the heavens and came down;
dark clouds were under his feet.
10 He mounted the cherubim and flew;
he soared on the wings of the wind.
11 He made darkness his covering, his canopy around him—
the dark rain clouds of the sky.
12 Out of the brightness of his presence clouds advanced,
with hailstones and bolts of lightning.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded.[d]
14 He shot his arrows and scattered the enemy,
with great bolts of lightning he routed them.
15 The valleys of the sea were exposed
and the foundations of the earth laid bare
at your rebuke, Lord,
at the blast of breath from your nostrils.
16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
he rescued me because he delighted in me.
20 The Lord has dealt with me according to my righteousness;
according to the cleanness of my hands he has rewarded me.
21 For I have kept the ways of the Lord;
I am not guilty of turning from my God.
22 All his laws are before me;
I have not turned away from his decrees.
23 I have been blameless before him
and have kept myself from sin.
24 The Lord has rewarded me according to my righteousness,
according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
25 To the faithful you show yourself faithful,
to the blameless you show yourself blameless,
26 to the pure you show yourself pure,
but to the devious you show yourself shrewd.
27 You save the humble
but bring low those whose eyes are haughty.
28 You, Lord, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness into light.
29 With your help I can advance against a troop[e];
with my God I can scale a wall.
30 As for God, his way is perfect:
The Lord’s word is flawless;
he shields all who take refuge in him.
31 For who is God besides the Lord?
And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
and your right hand sustains me;
your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
so that my ankles do not give way.
37 I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed.
38 I crushed them so that they could not rise;
they fell beneath my feet.
39 You armed me with strength for battle;
you humbled my adversaries before me.
40 You made my enemies turn their backs in flight,
and I destroyed my foes.
41 They cried for help, but there was no one to save them—
to the Lord, but he did not answer.
42 I beat them as fine as windblown dust;
I trampled them[f] like mud in the streets.
43 You have delivered me from the attacks of the people;
you have made me the head of nations.
People I did not know now serve me,
44 foreigners cower before me;
as soon as they hear of me, they obey me.
45 They all lose heart;
they come trembling from their strongholds.
46 The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock!
Exalted be God my Savior!
47 He is the God who avenges me,
who subdues nations under me,
48 who saves me from my enemies.
You exalted me above my foes;
from a violent man you rescued me.
49 Therefore I will praise you, Lord, among the nations;
I will sing the praises of your name.
50 He gives his king great victories;
he shows unfailing love to his anointed,
to David and to his descendants forever.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Samuel 14 in context:

Absalom Returns to Jerusalem

14 Joab son of Zeruiah knew that the king’s heart longed for Absalom. 2 So Joab sent someone to Tekoa and had a wise woman brought from there. He said to her, “Pretend you are in mourning. Dress in mourning clothes, and don’t use any cosmetic lotions. Act like a woman who has spent many days grieving for the dead. 3 Then go to the king and speak these words to him.” And Joab put the words in her mouth.

4 When the woman from Tekoa went[a] to the king, she fell with her face to the ground to pay him honor, and she said, “Help me, Your Majesty!”

5 The king asked her, “What is troubling you?”

She said, “I am a widow; my husband is dead. 6 I your servant had two sons. They got into a fight with each other in the field, and no one was there to separate them. One struck the other and killed him. 7 Now the whole clan has risen up against your servant; they say, ‘Hand over the one who struck his brother down, so that we may put him to death for the life of his brother whom he killed; then we will get rid of the heir as well.’ They would put out the only burning coal I have left, leaving my husband neither name nor descendant on the face of the earth.”

8 The king said to the woman, “Go home, and I will issue an order in your behalf.”

9 But the woman from Tekoa said to him, “Let my lord the king pardon me and my family, and let the king and his throne be without guilt.”

10 The king replied, “If anyone says anything to you, bring them to me, and they will not bother you again.”

11 She said, “Then let the king invoke the Lord his God to prevent the avenger of blood from adding to the destruction, so that my son will not be destroyed.”

“As surely as the Lord lives,” he said, “not one hair of your son’s head will fall to the ground.”

12 Then the woman said, “Let your servant speak a word to my lord the king.”

“Speak,” he replied.

13 The woman said, “Why then have you devised a thing like this against the people of God? When the king says this, does he not convict himself, for the king has not brought back his banished son? 14 Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But that is not what God desires; rather, he devises ways so that a banished person does not remain banished from him.

15 “And now I have come to say this to my lord the king because the people have made me afraid. Your servant thought, ‘I will speak to the king; perhaps he will grant his servant’s request. 16 Perhaps the king will agree to deliver his servant from the hand of the man who is trying to cut off both me and my son from God’s inheritance.’

17 “And now your servant says, ‘May the word of my lord the king secure my inheritance, for my lord the king is like an angel of God in discerning good and evil. May the Lord your God be with you.’”

18 Then the king said to the woman, “Don’t keep from me the answer to what I am going to ask you.”

“Let my lord the king speak,” the woman said.

19 The king asked, “Isn’t the hand of Joab with you in all this?”

The woman answered, “As surely as you live, my lord the king, no one can turn to the right or to the left from anything my lord the king says. Yes, it was your servant Joab who instructed me to do this and who put all these words into the mouth of your servant. 20 Your servant Joab did this to change the present situation. My lord has wisdom like that of an angel of God—he knows everything that happens in the land.”

21 The king said to Joab, “Very well, I will do it. Go, bring back the young man Absalom.”

22 Joab fell with his face to the ground to pay him honor, and he blessed the king. Joab said, “Today your servant knows that he has found favor in your eyes, my lord the king, because the king has granted his servant’s request.”

23 Then Joab went to Geshur and brought Absalom back to Jerusalem. 24 But the king said, “He must go to his own house; he must not see my face.” So Absalom went to his own house and did not see the face of the king.

25 In all Israel there was not a man so highly praised for his handsome appearance as Absalom. From the top of his head to the sole of his foot there was no blemish in him. 26 Whenever he cut the hair of his head—he used to cut his hair once a year because it became too heavy for him—he would weigh it, and its weight was two hundred shekels by the royal standard.

27 Three sons and a daughter were born to Absalom. His daughter’s name was Tamar, and she became a beautiful woman.

28 Absalom lived two years in Jerusalem without seeing the king’s face. 29 Then Absalom sent for Joab in order to send him to the king, but Joab refused to come to him. So he sent a second time, but he refused to come. 30 Then he said to his servants, “Look, Joab’s field is next to mine, and he has barley there. Go and set it on fire.” So Absalom’s servants set the field on fire.

31 Then Joab did go to Absalom’s house, and he said to him, “Why have your servants set my field on fire?”

32 Absalom said to Joab, “Look, I sent word to you and said, ‘Come here so I can send you to the king to ask, “Why have I come from Geshur? It would be better for me if I were still there!”’ Now then, I want to see the king’s face, and if I am guilty of anything, let him put me to death.”

33 So Joab went to the king and told him this. Then the king summoned Absalom, and he came in and bowed down with his face to the ground before the king. And the king kissed Absalom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Maybe it's just my Lutheran bias, but I usually wince when I see the term "soul winning". Because it often makes evangelism sound like a competition to score points, rather than the simple annunciation of the good news of God's kingdom through the life, death, resurrection, ascension, and coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ. We don't need to win souls, we preach good news--and God meets us sinners here in that good news, loving us, giving us faith, and converting us--adopting us as children of His grace.

The Gospel is enough. It has always been enough, it will always be enough. Because we preach Jesus.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0