Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Awesome, nerd fistbump. Although I’m not a B5 man, I prefer DS9 due to the epic performance of Avery Brooks, who managed to be the only Trek Captain more awesome than Kirk, and also the space battles. Seeing fleets of Galaxy Class ships being blown up, its like what I always wanted to see on TNG, but never got to, because Reg Barclay would have a nervous breakdown and become addicted to holodecks/get attacked by some interdimensional eel in the transporter/turn into a giant spider and Deanna Troi would have to help him get in touch with his feelings, and let’s not even get started with some of the later Wesley Crusher episodes like The First Duty. Also, the Bajoran Religion was fascinating, and it was hilarious how most of Starfleet remained doctrinaire atheists despite the Bajoran religion being shown to be objectively true.

To this day, JMS, as an atheist, approached religion so even-handedly. My favorite scene is from the first season where each race presented the dominant religion. So Londo for the Centauri has a drunken feast celebrating the gods. Delenn of the Minbari has a elaborate ritual. Finally, earth is up and all the ambassadors are waiting in a hallway commenting on that there are no bells, no drums, no wine. Commander Sinclair arrives and begins introducing them to earth's dominant belief:

Upvote 0