• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to heal from self hatred

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our big I has to become a small i before we can even begin to love true i found to be true in my life. Hating does not have to be wrong if we do it right. See give yourself od's grace in and through Jesus Christ that is the way to learn to love ourselves with good and true love. Hating oneself can be helpful if we understand that to hate the person is wrong but to hate the bad a person produces is fine. God loves the sinner but hates the sin is the same way of looking at this.

i used to hate myself it got so bad that i could only entertain murderous thoughts towards myself in the end this is where Jesus cut me down when i realised He loved me even a sinner while i hated myself in good and bad.

So accept the loving grace of God and study Psalms 139 with your heart and not just your mind. Understand that hate is often the result of hurt so perhaps it is also well worth to look underneath the hate and make sure you are not just acting out other peoples feelings towards you.

There is very much hate in this world and it is good to perish a hateful person and find new life in Christ's loving truth, even towards yourself.

Please remember that God is love and He hates all that opposed to loving, your depression will be fueled by your self hatred i know mine was.

So each time you look at bad in you look at Christ and hear and feel His love towards you dying for you on that Cross and understand that loving is better than hating and humble ask for His love to work in your heart and help you care about yourself again enough to be able to love your neighbour.

With Jesus you have the best of chance be of good courage.

Peace

I Hate Evil Good!

Hateful feelings burning my life to waste.
Pronouncing evil judgements with deadly haste.
Fueling fires lighting heart and mind a blaze.
Wrongful words incinerating my every gaze.

Disrespectfully tearing all God's good down.
Evil robbing through my flesh my golden crown.
Burning hate ravening all my Good Life within.
Very happily befriending those doers of sin.

Obliterating all Goodness such a deadly deed.
Strangling forces from my lifeblood will feed.
Only seeking my demise so death me will win!
Burning those whom I love the most within.

I will not always suffer evil and their crime.
hate and evil can also have a hell of a time.
evil hating a Lake Of Fire sautéing obediently.
The Wicked ones frying their own evil iniquity!

Upvote 0