• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How to cope with sexual tension when you're single

PizzaAddict

Jun 23, 2019
Krakow
✟11,331.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The only option is to get married. Men can choose to not have family and not really be affected by it but as woman you will feel that you missed on something if you don't have babies when you age.

Apostle Paul said that if somebody can stay in celibate it's good but it's better to marry than to burn with heat . Mariage is not bad pastors mandatory must have wife and kids because " if they can't take care of family they can't take care of church family either " .

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm 26yo female and struggle with sexual feelings. I know masturbation is a sin but how do single christians handle "urges" ?

I'm sure its a mixed message on if its sin in and out itself (for reasons i will never understand), but no one can argue that it is not something addictive and is deserving of attention. And any christian practicing going down something they know is going deter them from being good stewards of God it is never a wise move. So kudos to you for discerning that.

Urges come from idleness from what I found in myself. It good to just take note (maybe get a journal) on when it happens and note on what's going on in your environment during that time. Sometimes its not the act itself, but the feelings it bring to do the action.

Marriage is not meant to be an easy fix for that, for people still struggle with urges even with a spouse. But sometimes we want to have components of marriage as single people and the urge to get a sense of that arises. So it could be intimacy, or maybe thoughts, or just the sense of having comfort. Those things you have to be patient to figure out and learn about yourself.

But once you do, put plans in place to address it. Maybe it will be in a form of relationship, or it take reevaluating friendships, or your relationship with God, or with yourself. In short there are more fruitful ways to address how you feel than quick fixes. When I've done that, I don't even think about my flesh, let alone my urges, my energy goes more towards being fruitful with my time and intentional with my actions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kerensa
Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2019
Lupercalia City Blk. 496
✟1,345.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think marriage is the right solution since if you make things quick just because you want to fix your urges it will only backslide and there would be more problems popping up

i am a guy addicted to masturbation i do it because i get tempted and when i get tempted christ reminds me but then i ignored him over and over again because it feels good while imagining wicked things

this is something that is hard to give up right now because of flesh addiction

Upvote 0

swaffles

May 27, 2009
✟15,235.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have the same problem. I can go about a week and be well behaved but then something happens and I crack. I'm a single man, 31 years old.

And yeah when people say take a wife...they don't get it. It's not that easy. I have to find a woman I like who actually likes me, which has not happened yet.

Upvote 0

pinkjess

There she goes...at the speed of sound
Feb 24, 2009
✟85,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have the same problem. I can go about a week and be well behaved but then something happens and I crack. I'm a single man, 31 years old.

And yeah when people say take a wife...they don't get it. It's not that easy. I have to find a woman I like who actually likes me, which has not happened yet.
Me too. I was clean for a week and then boom. Fell again. And then it's back to the guilt-repent cycle knowing its just gonna happen again next week. It sucks.

It's tough for me, because, I think, it's not fair that I have to see such a beautiful feeling as sin just because I am not married yet. And people who are married get to enjoy it without shame. I have to beat myself up for it.

I'm trying to focus on my relationship with God more and it does help..but its still hard at times

• Agree
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0