Northwest US
✟675,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An opinion. This is a tough issue; personally I have had the vaccine and so has everyone in my family. I don't believe they are harmful, though of course I can't be sure. Further I'm convinced they are are effective to a high degree against severe illness and death. Also I always wear a mask when in public and indoors. However, I voted "Freedom over Safety". Even though I don't agree with them, I support peoples choice on whether to get the vaccine or not. To me it is similar to Freedom of Speech, although I might not agree with what is said, I think the greater good is served by allowing them to say it. (Hopefully this won't set off comments about yelling fire in a crowded building or that words can't be harmful.) My point is only, that forcing people to get vaccines just doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LeafByNiggle

Jul 20, 2021
Minneapolis
✟174,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Which was CONTROL and taking away freedom, yes? Ugh...
No. Freedom was not the issue. It was simply a reasonable recommendation that at that time when the virus was not widespread, there was no reason for the general public to hoard N95 masks which were desperately needed by front line medical personnel dealing with patients.

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No. Freedom was not the issue. It was simply a reasonable recommendation that at that time when the virus was not widespread, there was no reason for the general public to hoard N95 masks which were desperately needed by front line medical personnel dealing with patients.
I remember when it first started they gave a single N95 and we had to place it in a paper bag and keep that mask cuz we didn't have enough to go around. We ended up using UV boxs to try and decontaminate our masks between shifts but. We still used our masks between diffrent covid rooms which is way less then ideal lol.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
... they expect herdimmunity around november, and that is 55-60%.
"For a vaccine with a claimed 95% efficacy the required herd immunity level ... would be 84% to 90% if we want a decent safety margin with an R of 0.5." Herd Immunity to COVID-19.

And it's not clear that overall vaccine efficacy is 95%...

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Yeah, it's all opinion, no science.

Oh wait, wrong forum...
Yeah i thought that was odd as well. If were talking covid for sure there must be research we can look at so we may have informed opinions. In fact I looked up his claims and could only find one paper on it that basically concluded the loss of mental health was more due to financial strains.

Upvote 0

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are not worthy of the cult's consideration for membership.

Upvote 0