Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for your comment you've just proven my point, God's Law is eternal. Sounds like you're begining to see the light...:amen:
You might have a point if you can show how gravity was an ordinance mediated in the hands of Moses. Until you can do that, you don't have a point.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
explain what you mean .. are you correlating "ceased" with "sabbath"??
No! I am correlating shabat with rested and cease as translated in Hosea 2:11. In both places we have the same Hebrew word. Sabbath is shabbat. Rested and cease are both verbs and sabbath is a noun. And the word ended in Gen 2:2 validates the word translated as rested to mean cease.

I will be happy to say this as often as necessary.

bugkiller
927154.gif

Upvote 0

dragNdrop

Dec 9, 2008
✟7,756.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
VictorC / Cribstyl:

Whatś this talk about God not blessing all Saturdays ?

The bible says God rested and in reflection He blessed the 7th day. If God was merely blessing a day that had already past then it does not make sense.

God blessed the 7th because it was a memorial of Creation and rest.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Jesus - that's my final answer
Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
VictorC / Cribstyl:

The bible says God rested and in reflection He blessed the 7th day. If God was merely blessing a day that had already past then it does not make sense.

You haven't found any support in Genesis that blesses or sanctifies any other day than the seventh day of creation. You carelessly inserted a reference to the seventh day of the week that isn't there. Genesis describes one event involving only one day, and not a repeating day of the week.

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't found any support in Genesis that blesses or sanctifies any other day than the seventh day of creation. You carelessly inserted a reference to the seventh day of the week that isn't there. Genesis describes one event involving only one day, and not a repeating day of the week.

The deserves a triple head slapper...:doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
VictorC / Cribstyl:

FALSE, you are all commentary and no truth........ The scriptures say that God blessed the 7th day because He rested from all His work, "NOT" that it was a memorial of Creation and rest.
Gen 2:1¶Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The sabbath was blessed and given as a sign to prove the Children of Israel worshipped the true creator.

Adventist repeat this commandment so much, but they fail to apply the words to understanding.

Exd 20:11For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

The text proves that because God worked 6days and rested the seventh day, this is why He blessed the sabbath day and made it Holy day for the COI to keep.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The deserves a triple head slapper...:doh::doh::doh:
Pretty plain, isn't it? I don't know why the typical Adventist keeps repeating this mistake. Well, okay - I actually do, but you should be able to figure that out for yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
What do you mean VictorC ? Iḿ not getting you ... *pusled*
Re-read the event Genesis 2 described, and verify what day was described.
  • The seventh day of creation was blessed and sanctified, not a repetitive day in a weekly cycle.
  • God rested, and that rest was not shared with the only two people alive on the seventh day.
  • That rest never ended; God did not return to His labor: "on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done".
The Genesis account documents God's rest, and recall from my previous post that Hebrews 4:4 quotes directly from Genesis 2:2 in a chapter where the sabbath isn't mentioned at all. The sabbath didn't exist until it was made for man (Mark 2:27) about 2500 years later.

dragNdrop must not run away from the truth ! :)

Upvote 0

dragNdrop

Dec 9, 2008
✟7,756.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
VictorC:

• ´The seventh day of creation was blessed and sanctified, not a repetitive day in a weekly cycle.´
No no no no ! God rested on a seventh day and in reflection blessed the seventh. He was not5 blessing a day which He had rested in because that was past. He was blesing all Saturdays.

• God rested, and that rest was not shared with the only two people alive on the seventh day.
Yes thatś true, but youŕe missing the point. The reason why all future Saturdays after a first Saturday (which was not blessed) were blessed is because God rested on a first Saturday.

´And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.´ Gen 2:3

• ´That rest never ended; God did not return to His labor: "on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done".´
Why would He ? the creation was finished.

Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
VictorC:

• ´The seventh day of creation was blessed and sanctified, not a repetitive day in a weekly cycle.´
No no no no ! God rested on a seventh day and in reflection blessed the seventh. He was not5 blessing a day which He had rested in because that was past. He was blesing all Saturdays.
That's not supported in the Genesis account, now is it? Where did you get this idea from? The only day blessed and sanctified -set apart- was the one day God's "My rest" had its origin. That rest was not attained by those who already had the sabbath, and that is the message contained in Hebrews 4.
Yes thatś true, but youŕe missing the point. The reason why all future Saturdays after a first Saturday (which was not blessed) were blessed is because God rested on a first Saturday.

´And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.´ Gen 2:3
Where did you get the idea that "all future Saturdays" were blessed? The sabbath didn't exist until roughly 2500 years after the seventh day of creation. Do you see anything in the Bible that suggests God blessed and sanctified the 130,000th day?
  • ´That rest never ended; God did not return to His labor: "on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done".´
Why would He ? the creation was finished.
That's the point: God's "My rest" is eternal, and hasn't ever ended.

Hebrews 4
10 For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His.
11 Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.

That rest isn't the sabbath. It is permanent, an assurance of God's salvation that the sabbath was only a repeating shadow of. God's rest is the reality the sabbath pointed toward. That is consistent with Colossians 2:16-17: So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Upvote 0

dragNdrop

Dec 9, 2008
✟7,756.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
VictorC:

Genesis 2:2 clearly states that after six days God rested on the seventh day. Therefore Gen 2:3 then says that God blessed the seventh day. Why ?

...´because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.´ Gen 2:3

Now when God blessed the seventh day, He was clearly not blessing the 1st Saturday of creation because that was past.
The blessing falling on a Seventh day is linked on a rest he had taken. So he was not blessing the Saturday that was already past. He was blessing all the future weekly Saturdays.

Why are you trying to deny the obvious ? If you have erred repent. Stop playing these tail-chase games.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
"Remember" commandment is a memorial.
"keep" is a continuation to do
If you expand what was spoken from Sinai and what Moses read from the tablets in Deut you'll see that remember meant "continue to keep" not remember creation......

(The Command which God spoke from Sinai............)
Exd 20:8¶Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

(this is "THE COMMAND" above, the remainder of this commandment is an explanation of 'how' and 'why'.
The word 'remember' does not take them back to creation. It commands them to "continue to keep what is explained next".)

(How to keep the sabbath)
Exd 20:9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
Exd 20:10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates:

((Q)How were they to remember the sabbath? (A) by working six says and resting on the seventh and by making sure all their animals, servants and strangers did the same.

(Why to keep the sabbath)
Exd 20:11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
(Here, God is explaining what He did in the 7days of creation and why the sabbath day is also blessed and made a holy day.)

Commentary introduces the heresy about a creation instituted sabbath by using the word definiton scam game.
If God first gave the sabbath in the desert then the people could look back 2 1/2yr of eating Manna and keeping sabbath.

Moses explains ..............the command

Deu 5:12Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee.

(Moses said this was a command to actively keep. )

(How)
Deu 5:13Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work:
Deu 5:14But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.
(Why)
Deu 5:15And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and [that] the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day.

Scriptures prove that sabbath was given to Only the Children of Israel to keep.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
VictorC:

Genesis 2:2 clearly states that after six days God rested on the seventh day. Therefore Gen 2:3 then says that God blessed the seventh day. Why ?

...´because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.´ Gen 2:3

Now when God blessed the seventh day, He was clearly not blessing the 1st Saturday of creation because that was past.
The blessing falling on a Seventh day is linked on a rest he had taken. So he was not blessing the Saturday that was already past. He was blessing all the future weekly Saturdays.

Why are you trying to deny the obvious ? If you have erred repent. Stop playing these tail-chase games.

Falsely reasoned.....God's seventh day rest was not the same as the sabbath day that He also blessed and sanctified for the COI to keep as a sign.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟578,064.44
Faith
Messianic
If you expand what was spoken from Sinai and what Moses read from the tablets in Deut you'll see that remember meant "continue to keep" not remember creation......<snip>

Scripture says more... Revelation has the "MIGHTY" angel crying with a "LOUD VOICE" Worship Him who made heaven and earth.. and this is to the people of God in the last days... Who are these people in the last days who are to hear and obey this command coming directly from Heaven ...

Revelation 14:6-8 (New International Version)

The Three Angels
6Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth&#8212;to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."

Did you notice who the angel is crying out to.... ALL.. that is right .. ALL NATIONS... can you believe that.. probably speaking in .. their own language too for as it says to .. EVERY LANGUAGE.. and just to make sure you understand it is for the entire human race.. scripture states ... ALL PEOPLE...

Now that is significant...

I have to ask just as the apostles ask
Acts 14:15
"Men, why are you doing this? We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them.

now what "worthless things" could he be wanting to turn you from??

Acts 17:24
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

This is our Lord of the Sabbath...

Jeremiah 32:17
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

This is our great "I AM"...

Isaiah 45:18
For this is what the LORD says&#8212; he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited&#8212; he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

This is your redeemer...

Isaiah 44:24
"This is what the LORD says&#8212; your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VictorC

Mar 25, 2008
Northern Colorado
✟22,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
VictorC:

God was indeed blessing and sanctifying only the very first "Saturday". It was not past at the time He blessed it, because "on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done".
Who gave you license to change Scripture's testimony concerning "the seventh day" with your rendition of "a sabbath day"? You're using a plural rendition to replace the singular that appears in Scripture. Genesis 2:3 reads this way:

God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

Each of these are singular terms. There is no blessing conferred to the 130,000th day, nor every "Saturday" that followed the seventh day.
Asking someone to repent of the confusion that is yours alone is directing attention to the wrong person guilty of confusion. To paraphrase from you....

dragNdrop must not run away from the truth ! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Scripture says more... Revelation has the "MIGHTY" angel crying with a "LOUD VOICE" Worship Him who made heaven and earth.. and this is to the people of God in the last days... Who are these people in the last days who are to hear and obey this command coming directly from Heaven ...

The Three Angels
6Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."

Did you notice who the angel is crying out to.... ALL.. that is right .. ALL NATIONS... can you believe that.. probably speaking in .. their own language too for as it says to .. EVERY LANGUAGE.. and just to make sure you understand it is for the entire human race.. scripture states ... ALL PEOPLE...

Now that is significant...

I have to ask just as the apostles ask
Acts 14:15
"Men, why are you doing this? We too are only men, human like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made heaven and earth and sea and everything in them.

now what "worthless things" could he be wanting to turn you from??

Acts 17:24
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

This is our Lord of the Sabbath...

Jeremiah 32:17
"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

This is our great "I AM"...

Isaiah 45:18
For this is what the LORD says— he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited— he says: "I am the LORD, and there is no other.

This is your redeemer...

Isaiah 44:24
"This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb: I am the LORD, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
:cool: Aha You blinked by changing the subject.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟578,064.44
Faith
Messianic
Nope
...Originally Posted by Cribstyl

You said Scriptures prove that sabbath was given only to the children of Israel to keep

I showed you scripture that says differently...

The Three Angels
6Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth&#8212;to every nation, tribe, language and people. 7He said in a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water."

Did you notice who the angel is crying out to....

ALL.. that is right .. ALL NATIONS... can you believe that..
probably speaking in .. their own language too for as it says to .. EVERY LANGUAGE..
and just to make sure you understand it is for the entire human race.. scripture states ... ALL PEOPLE...

Upvote 0