United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hey dmw1120,

I know that you were not picking on anyone.

I really didn't know what you were trying to say at first. I understand now.

You make some good points. I agree a christian should be working hard on praying and witnessing regardless of when the Lord may return.

I am guilty of doing this harder because I do believe that He will return soon. I also have a lot of people in my family that are sick, addicted to drugs....None of them are saved. I do not want them to die unsaved. :(

God Bless,
Roberta

Upvote 0

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
DMW 111, why are you trying to stir up trouble by quoting what I wrote in another thread OUT OF CONTEXT. I question your motive. It is surely not connected in any way to love. What I said to an atheist is true. He denies Jesus so he is going to hell. It's backed up by scripture. please leave me alone & pick a fight with someone else.

Upvote 0
Debbie:
"dwm1120, I wonder why you posted my previous comment to imagineer about his going to hell in another thread? I would appreciate your leaving me alone please. YOUR opinion about my "attitude, compassion, & credibility" is meaningless to me. I have but one judge. No one knows what is in my heart except God. "

Debbie:
"Wrong again Imagineer, a person who blackmails someone gets something in return. If you decide, even on your last day on earth that you don't want to believe in Jesus, guess what? Debbie is still not going to lose any sleep over it. If your parents had to allow you to be sacrificed for someone else's life, don;'t you think they would demand something in return for your life, such as "BELIEVING" they gave your life for theirs? Really, for all your knowledge you have little common sense. No offense, but only your parents will miss you when you are in hell."

First of all Debbie, if what I thought was meaningless to you I doubt you would have told me it was. You are correct in that only God is your judge in then end. Again, you are correct in saying that nobody knows what is in your heart except God. However, did you ever suspect that people (especially those that are not christians) have a window to your heart through what you say and do? As I have been accused of taking your post out of context, I will now discuss the post line by line.

Debbie:
"Wrong again Imagineer, a person who blackmails someone gets something in return. "
I have not yet figured out how Imagineer has blackmailed, but it sounds as if something ill will happen to him as a result (go to hell perhaps?).

Debbie:
"If you decide, even on your last day on earth that you don't want to believe in Jesus, guess what? Debbie is still not going to lose any sleep over it."
Debbie doesnt care. I can only attribute this to a lack of compassion, which is not characteristic of a christian.

Debbie:
"If your parents had to allow you to be sacrificed for someone else's life, don;'t you think they would demand something in return for your life, such as "BELIEVING" they gave your life for theirs? "
I understand what you are saying Debbie, but this will not convince an atheist (especially Imagineer, whose intent is only to stir the pot).

Debbie:
"Really, for all your knowledge you have little common sense. No offense, but only your parents will miss you when you are in hell."
First, Imagineer has no common sense? Secondly, only his parents will miss him when he goes to hell? Or maybe, Debbie doesnt care whether Imagineer goes to hell or not. Debbie, you dont know what may happen in his life, and to condemn Imagineer to hell at age 14 is pretty bold.

Debbie:
"dwm1120, I wonder why you posted my previous comment to imagineer about his going to hell in another thread? "
To answer your question - it is not your place to condemn Imagineer to hell. Isnt your God the judge of that?

Debbie:
"I would appreciate your leaving me alone please. "
A definite loss of credibility.

Debbie:
"DMW 111, why are you trying to stir up trouble by quoting what I wrote in another thread OUT OF CONTEXT. I question your motive. It is surely not connected in any way to love. What I said to an atheist is true. He denies Jesus so he is going to hell. It's backed up by scripture. please leave me alone & pick a fight with someone else."

Debbie:
"DMW 111, why are you trying to stir up trouble by quoting what I wrote in another thread OUT OF CONTEXT. "
See the comments above. I discuss every sentence of the text (from the thread I 'took out of context').

Debbie:
"I question your motive. "
My motive is to question any inconsistency I read.

Debbie:
"It is surely not connected in any way to love. "
Disagreement is a lack of love?

Debbie:
"What I said to an atheist is true. He denies Jesus so he is going to hell. It's backed up by scripture."
Is it your place, Debbie, to make this judgement?

Debbie:
"please leave me alone & pick a fight with someone else."
Debbie can no longer justify her argument. I would not be surprised if someone soon posted that Satan was again infecting the forum. It seems that when the boat is rocked it is Satan's fault. I see this as a legitimate forum in which one can express their views in a civil manner. All I have to say, is that you had better think before typing because you dont know who might be reading. I am sure the last thing you want to do is turn someone off to christianity. Debbie, I am not picking on you. Just be aware that the more defensive your mood becomes, the less a non-christian will listen to you.

Upvote 0
Hello dwn,

You raise a number of good points. However, it seems a little unfair to call praying harder for the dying a crime. It seems a little unfair to do so.

Yes of course, if we couldn't care for them until *only* they are just about to die - surely something is horribly amiss with us.

But it is a human, to pray harder for someone who is about to die. Most of us have friends and aquatanices who are non-believers, we pray and witness to them from time to time. But sometimes, esp. when we know that the end is near, we pray harder for them. Indeed we long to spend more time with them. Is that wrong? Surely we should pray for them with equal fervancy at all times. But we're human. We tend to do things with greater intensity when we are under great pressure. And more so when a person is dying.

Moreover, it is not a latter day warning that - since the day of the Lord draws near - we should be prepared. The Bible ever since the time of the Apostles has warned us that the end is getting near and they should be more vigelant.

See 1 Peter 4:7. 2 Peter 3.
IThessalonians 5

Of course, if the "knowledge" (that the coming of Jesus could take place very soon) is our prime and *sole* motivation for living a good Christian life, that is not good. I don't think anyone in this forum would disagree on that.

But the Apostles used this warning as a spur or "wakeup call" to urge the believers to live a better Christian life. I think this use of the "spur" is what Debbie means. Correct me if I am wrong.

I do apologize if I misquoted or misunderstood your reasoning. Its nearly midnight here and a time for sleep and not for writing well thought out replies.

Nonetheless, you have raised a number of good points and I hope everyone will take some time out and re-read the posts and think about it for awhile before replying. Let me tell you from experience, it is better to re-read than to offer a mistaken reply (preferably at a more godly hour than 3 in the morning which I unfortunately do).

Regards,

Yau-ming

Originally posted by dwm1120
To Debbie and Blynn:

And to answer your question - (in my opinion) I do think it is a crime to pray harder for someone on their death bed. I am far

Upvote 0
I don't know whether this will help anyone or not. Unlike most of you I am a grandma and have been through and seen some things. I even went through the period of "Righteous Indignation" I see on a regular basis,But don't worry the Lord will bring us all down a notch when we need it.:) I also have known that I would see the coming of the Lord, and will probably be one of them .to stand up for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The lost are watching us and I know I have to really work on my witness. I've let Him down many times but He has never let me down. Praise the Lord!:)Smile

Upvote 0

Wave

Feb 5, 2002
Finland
Visit site
✟7,841.00
Faith
Christian
Come Lord Jesus...think he will return soon:) I think that every generation back in history to year 0 have thought that Jesus will come in their generation, like we do! Martin Luther said something good; I will still plant an apple tree today, even if Jesus will come back tomorrow. I think that is a good sentence. We have to live every day like it was the last day before Jesus came, but we still have to do the things we had done if we didn't knew he was coming(then I mean; work etc.)

So let's cry out every morning with the Spirit; Come Lord Jesus!

Upvote 0

edjones

Jan 15, 2002
✟1,549.00
I do know that we should live as if He could return any second.
ed

1 Thessalonians 4
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Upvote 0

Biff

Feb 6, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the Word of God tell us?

II Th 2:1-3
1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Matt 24:29-30
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>You can apparently work out the age of the world by going through the genealogy of Christ laid out in Scripture. As such, it has been worked out that Creation occurred about 4000 before Christ (working from Adam to Jesus). In which case, we are at 6000 years. So this final 7000th year is about to come very soon.

Not really the age of the world, but the time that God has given mankind for redemption is 7000 years. We do not know if time is different outside of the ages we live in. But we do know that there is no decay outside of this period of redemption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
No not Daniel. Daniel's prophecy concerns the time of the rebuilding of Jerusalem and coming of Messiah. I can think of no direct references to the 7000 year age of this creation but it is certainly implied in numerous places. For one, Matthew and others give the genealogy of Jesus going back to Adam, there are many genealogies in the bible which when calculated gives you roughly 4000 years between Adam and Jesus. It has been about two thousand years between Jesus and now so we say the earth is about 6000 years old. The thousand year reign of Christ after the tribulation period is often refered to as the Day of the Lord, and also a 'sabbath'. The bible tells us that with the lord a thousand years is a day and a day as a thousand years. So by the Lord's timetable we've seen six days (6000 years) so we should soon expect the 'sabath day (1000 year period)' as pictured in Genesis when the Lord rested from all his work

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It seems as if this world is "groaning as if in the pains of childbirth", with everything that is going on. Afghanistan, Israel, Palestine, etc.....

One part of me hopes it's soon (selfishly), and the other part wants Him to wait a while longer so those that aren't saved have yet another opportunity to know Him. *sigh*

Peace in Christ,
Terri

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
>>Come Lord Jesus...think he will return soon

The day will come when Jesus will come for us and take us to Heaven. But for now the Kingdom of Heaven is on the inside of use who believe. Also, the Resurrection Power of God is already at work in us to prepare us for the rapture. So in a way we are already in the process of being raptured out of here. When His Church has been prepared, so we are without spot, blemish or wrinkle, we will get "snatched" out of here, it will be quick.

We know that Jesus will come for us after we bring the final harvest in. Actually, the Angels do most of the work. We just glean the fields for what the angels were not able to get. Also, they will throw a few handfulls on purpose our way. It's all in the book of Ruth. Thanks, JohnR7

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.