Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Abort the kid if it is unwanted. Let the woman choose.

Read Freakonomics.

He was just pigeon-holing the majority of aborted babies as those who would just grow up to be criminals - essentially, labeling a class of people as human garbage. That's absolutely incompatible with how Christians are to view and treat people.

Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Most conservative, evangelical, and fundamentalist Christians are pro-life in the general sense of protecting human life both born and unborn. However for instance, if you could have your way, how far would a ban on abortion go? Personally I think all abortions except for those that threaten the mother's life should not be allowed.

Pretty much sums up my feelings I believe abortions should only be allowed when the mother's life/health is threatened and embroyonic research should be banned as well.

Reactions: Faith.Man
Upvote 0

MaidforHim

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
✟21,263.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most conservative, evangelical, and fundamentalist Christians are pro-life in the general sense of protecting human life both born and unborn. However for instance, if you could have your way, how far would a ban on abortion go? Personally I think all abortions except for those that threaten the mother's life should not be allowed.

I agree with the OP, but then I wonder even if moms life is threatened... the word "threatened" is so vague. If it were up to me I might rephrase that to say "only if the death of the mother is eminent." God has no shortage and miracles for all sorts of situations especially when we place our trust in Him.

Upvote 0

VolRaider

Dec 18, 2010
Athens, TN
✟17,538.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Does that apply to a five-year old as well?

Heck, why not? The Romans practiced fratricide. There's no difference in killing an unborn baby and killing a 5-year-old. Facts are facts...every Christian knows this deep down. Some are just afraid to admit it for fear they will be labled a backwards fundie. Call me what you will...s'all good. But I'm still right on this one.

Upvote 0

steve78

Jan 18, 2011
✟18,341.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
I would agree~I expect that it is extremely rare for this to happen.

Along with the prolife I would tend to be against capital punishment and war though I do not deny the right of the state to engage in these practices.

But I'm a bit of a hypocrite about it since I've been wearing my .38 all day while I was out shopping:doh::blush::doh:

I am fully against capital punishment. I don't like war but accept that evil has to be fought, so sometimes it can be justfied for the greater good.

Upvote 0
G

grainofsalt

Short story - I am pro life, against abortion except for extraordinary circumstances

I believe in separation of church and state while still believing the government should not allow immorality to run rampant (an orderly society). I'm not a conservative, but as a moderate republican, I do carry some conservative beliefs that are naturally ingrained in me from following both God and serving in the military. Being pro life to me IS an important Christian value but also the government encouraging life is good for an orderly society and respects the principles of our founding fathers.

I believe that in cases of rape/assault in which carrying the child and giving birth would cause an extreme emotional torment, and in cases in which the child determiend by doctors to be born serverely retardsed or deformed, in these cases, murdering an innocent child is not the intent, and there are extraordinary circumstances. In all other cases, I think Abortion should be illegal. If you got pregnant because you did the wrong thing, an innocent child should not be the one paying for it, you should be. While it is ultimately the mothers choice to allow life, it is morally wrong for the mother to not allow the life in her to be brought to bloom. Therefore, in my opinion, about 95 percent of all abortions taking place are completely immoral and unjustifyable.

With that being said, there is the question of if we made abortion illegal, how many woman would still goto underground illegal abortion clinics that would likely use unsanitary and even more savage methods as they would not be regulated? I think it is very very sad as a society that we have allowed abortion to be legal all these years and now it is such an epidemic that if made illegal, millions would still commit the act illegally. Abortion should have ever only been legal for extraordinary cirmstances of rape, mothers life, and deformity/retardation.

There is ABSOLUTELY no reason a woman who got pregnant accidentally cannot carry to term and then give the child up for adoption to the THOUSANDS of those desiring to adopt. Abortion advocates say "but the pain of parting is too great". I say "well its not fair to make the child experience physical pain because the mother messed up through her own fault and now she can't face the consequences".

I think we should start by passing a bill that federally bans all abortions beyond 20 weeks (excpetion of extraordinary circumstances). I think we can eventually get to a pro-life stance federally, but it will take perhaps 15 to 20 years to get there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoBama2012

Jan 25, 2011
West Coast, USA
✟1,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Let me ask you this: What kind of mother would sacrafice the life of her own child in order to save her own skin? Would you kill your own kid to save your hide if it came down to it?

Oh by the way: Hello everyone. I am new here. Sorry to come out with a BANG!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you this: What kind of mother would sacrafice the life of her own child in order to save her own skin? Who you kill your own kid to save your hide if it came down to it?

Oh by the way: Hello everyone. I am new here. Sorry to come out with a BANG!

Well unfortunately there are many women like that, but it is really much much worse that even that. The women would sacrifice their children for the sake of their own personal convenience. But really it is ever worse than that because these women have been deceived into believing there is no alternative to abortion and that living a life of personal pleasure is more important than anything, which is how many of them got pregnant in the first place.

There is an alternative but most people don't even consider it, and frankly I have no idea why. If a person doesn't want to have a child then they can put it up for adoption instead of having that life eliminated. There are people waiting in line to adopt a child and as far as I know there are not enough children available, thus the line. There is an undercurrent of evil in all of this that is difficult to discern yet it is very real. The only way I can think of to combat it is to pray and then do what we know is right according to the Lord. Then we need to teach the truth to any who would hear.

May God save us from ourselves.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

alancrookham

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][b
Oct 5, 2008
Texas
Visit site
✟15,357.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Abortion should never be an option. We should trust God to intervene in the situation. Instead of killing the baby, pray and fast, seek Him, and trust that He will be there for us. He is bigger than those complications.

Alan Crookham
New Heights Ministries

Upvote 0
Jan 24, 2011
✟15,247.00
Faith
Christian
If abortion is called what it is, murder. Then the question should be "when should murder be allowed?" and the answer is then clear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lmd0137

Aug 14, 2010
Pittsfield, MA
✟7,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree with the OP. However, I might add that I only believe in abortion if it is inevitable that both the mother and unborn child will die from complications and all other options of saving life have been exhausted.

I consider myself very pro-life. I refuse even to use contraceptives. Children are a gift from God. I find it very sad that many people do not see it this way and choose personal convenience and murder over the lives of their unborn children.

Upvote 0

Forrest GOP

Feb 19, 2011
✟488.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Only allow abortions when it is the only way to save the mother's life.

Kill one person to save another person?

Upvote 0