South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got my first cell phone, my current one, in December 2006. Do the math, and it's almost seven years old. :cool: I have never felt the need to buy a fancy smartphone because I'm at home most of the time, with a full-featured computer waiting for me.

I don't have a cell phone, per se. I have the same Motorola I got in the mid-90s that I keep in the glove box of my truck. I only use it for emergencies.

Upvote 0

dpadre

Sep 15, 2006
Kansas
✟10,460.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 that I've had a year and a half since back in December 2012, but then it was only 6 months old since they released it. When I'm eligible for an upgrade, I'm going to get a bigger screen, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, it has great reviews and just awesome hardware and software and battery life. The near future dilemma is that Samsung is going to switch from Google’s Android operating system to Tizen, at that point if it is an update, I will root my phone and go back to an Android Operating system. I switched from iPhone 4 and I will never go back to an iPhone, no matter how big they make the screens. I can do way more stuff with Android.

Upvote 0

ForJesusChrist

Follower of Christ
Feb 26, 2014
✟18,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just got a Galaxy S4 a few weeks ago, perhaps a month ago, but I love it. It is way better than the iPhone in all aspects. I will never go back to Apple ever again. It is overpriced and does not even come close to what the S4 can do. It has great battery life and is very useful. I will probably have it for the next few years, as long as I take good care of it.

Upvote 0

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟437,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Mine is only a few years old but technologically it is way way behind. It makes calls and texts, but has just number buttons so you have to press multiple times to get the right letter. I am hoping to upgrade soon.

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've got a flip phone. It's either called by people I know as the "Dumb phone" (as opposed to Smart phone lol) or "Dinosaur Phone". My carrier is Verizon and I kid you not, my phone is in their album of vintage phones. lol I've had it for about 7 years now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

beaverpond

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
✟8,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yup, had the same cell phone for 10 years. I killed it buy not checking my pants pocket and it took a long bath in the washing machine. Not good. It did not fair well in there. It cracked and when I picked it up, it just continued to drip water for several minutes. Then when it started to dry out after an hour or so, it then starting vibrating and would not stop, then the fool thing started getting hot. Not good. So I took the battery out of it.

This is a pre-paid cell through NET10 and when I contacted them today about the problem, they are going to send me an upgraded Samsung Blackberry that works the exact same way...meaning I can add minutes and days of service and it does not require a monthly contract. This phone will have a camera. They are selling me this one for less than what I bought the other one for. The joys of modern technology.

Upvote 0