How often do you share the Gospel with others?

How often do you share the gospel with others?

• Never, it's not my job to do so

• Rarely

• Whenever I can

• Always

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I share the gospel everyday...but probably in a way that some would not feel was valid. I don't whomp people over the head with my bible nor do I point out their sins and tell them to enjoy hell. However....I try to take seriously the command to "Follow me".

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
IThe Gospel is that Jesus died for your sins, from which you repent and follow Him, believing in Him.
No it's not. Your statement isn't wrong, but it's not sufficient to be the gospel since it's not good news.

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it's not. Your statement isn't wrong, but it's not sufficient to be the gospel since it's not good news.

Pardon me. I should have completed that sentence.

The Gospel is that Jesus died for your sins, from which you repent and follow Him, believing in Him, so that you will live forever, reconciled to God, through His sacrifice.

Upvote 0

trialbyfire

Oct 12, 2007
✟1,834.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BHopeful, there's a caveat to your signature:

1 John 2

1My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

2He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Pardon me. I should have completed that sentence.

The Gospel is that Jesus died for your sins, from which you repent and follow Him, believing in Him, so that you will live forever, reconciled to God, through His sacrifice.
Not the best summary I've ever heard, but better than before.

Given that definition I would have to say: rarely in those terms. Mostly by enacting it, and occasionally when suitable opportunities arise explicitly verbally explaining that but in significantly different terms.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.