Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
you know what. If weak Catholics try to 'fight' even the strongest Protestants, they're gonna lose dude,. and they'll probably lose fighting the weakest.
I have only the Word as my weapon :bow:

Ezekiel 37:26 And I cut to them a Covenant of Peace, age-abiding he shall become with them.
And I give them, and I increase them, and I give sanctuary/04720 miqdash of Me in midst of them for age-abiding.

Luke 19:41 And as He nears, beholding the City and He laments on Her,
42 saying, "That if thou-knew, and thou, even indeed in the day, this, the toward Peace of thee, now yet it was Hid/ekrubh <2928> (5648) from thy eyes".

Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe it was the 'weak catholics' comment that didn't win hearts and minds like maybe you thought it would.
I just call it like I see it. Ive been scanning all these forums. In the other section they argue theology. I like that. It sharpens the sword. Here, I see people complaining about other people being mean. Like I said in a different post, Jesus was not nice. He was honest, caring, forthright - but never NICE. So I'll stick with what I said.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Just curious...what Church teaching do you disagree with exactly? NFP?
Again with the assumptions. I have not said I disagree with any church teachings. What I disagree with is your holier than thou attitude and your request that if I do happen to disagree I should keep it to myself.

Reactions: Rebekka
Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't consider the "weak catholic" remark, which was directed at all of us or the crack about assumptions as compliments. And I don't care what your opinion is concerning my birth control, or lack of. Nice try.
Well you have issues dude. Don't get your laced panties in a bunch over it though.

Upvote 0

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟26,409.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Again with the assumptions. I have not said I disagree with any church teachings. What I disagree with is your holier than thou attitude and your request that if I do happen to disagree I should keep it to myself.

If you don't disagree with Church teachings then you have no issue with that.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
DF, NFP is NOT apart of Catholic treaching in any way,. And in my experience the Catholics who support it are the ones who it works for with no side effects such as pregnancy every 9 months to a year, for several years running.

Talk to any other advocate of NFP and their conceiveation rate is high, and probalby continues every year fold.
Psalm 127

A song of ascents. Of Solomon.

1 Unless the LORD builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the watchmen stand guard in vain.

2 In vain you rise early
and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat&#8212;
for he grants sleep to [a] those he loves.

3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children a reward from him.

4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are sons born in one's youth. 5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Upvote 0

namericanboy

Apr 9, 2005
✟2,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just call it like I see it. Ive been scanning all these forums. In the other section they argue theology. I like that. It sharpens the sword. Here, I see people complaining about other people being mean. Like I said in a different post, Jesus was not nice. He was honest, caring, forthright - but never NICE. So I'll stick with what I said.

Jesus was blunt but it was surrounded with love...He was straight about the sin and said go and sin no more..Never came across as I'm better than you...Honey not vinegar..peace to you nab..

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You seem to think teaching automatically means Doctrine. You admitted it is accepted teaching by the Church, so what's the problem?
Hey guess what, doctrine means "teaching". Cool huh? You learn new stuff around here all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well you have issues dude. Don't get your laced panties in a bunch over it though.
:eek:

LLOJ [can't put the lace panties with "dude" for some reason]

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
If you don't disagree with Church teachings then you have no issue with that.
Look, this isn't rocket science. let me type slowly for you. My.....problem......is.....with.....you.....telling.....people.....to....keep.....it.....to....themselves......if they disagree. Got it? English a second language?

Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He maybe holier than thou, but at least he isnt crying like you are

Upvote 0

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟26,409.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have only the Word as my weapon :bow:

Ezekiel 37:26 And I cut to them a Covenant of Peace, age-abiding he shall become with them.
And I give them, and I increase them, and I give sanctuary/04720 miqdash of Me in midst of them for age-abiding.

Luke 19:41 And as He nears, beholding the City and He laments on Her,
42 saying, "That if thou-knew, and thou, even indeed in the day, this, the toward Peace of thee, now yet it was Hid/ekrubh <2928> (5648) from thy eyes".

Why do I feel the urge to get a fly swatter out?

Upvote 0

SwissGuard

Mar 4, 2008
✟284.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus was blunt but it was surrounded with love...He was straight about the sin and said go and sin no more..Never came across as I'm better than you...Honey not vinegar..peace to you nab..
Okay: Blunt. Blunt and honest. Which means he would never make it in this forum. Mr. Crybaby up above me would have reported the Almighty Lord by now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do I feel the urge to get a fly swatter out?
Use Raid. :thumbsup:

Romans 16:20 The yet God of the Peace shall be crushing the Adversary/Satan under the feet of ye in swiftness/tacei <5034>. The grace of the Lord of us Jesus Christ with ye.

Upvote 0

Dominus Fidelis

ScottBot is Stalking Me!
Sep 10, 2003
Florida
✟26,409.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Look, this isn't rocket science. let me type slowly for you. My.....problem......is.....with.....you.....telling.....people.....to....keep.....it.....to....themselves......if they disagree. Got it? English a second language?

Yeah, but see, I'm smarter than that...you come out with all this venom against this idea of heretics shutting up on OBOB, and you want to pass it off as just being annoyed at me personally. I'm not buying it, sorry...its not that I don't understand you, I just don't believe you. Why aren't the other orthodox Catholics telling me to shut up?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.