sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.

On Election day twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

Follow the link to see the video and read the Zogby poll.

Interesting stuff...very eye opening.

http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

That was just disgusting and frightening too. It merely confirms what I have been saying all along. These people have no idea what they have done, none.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm aware of all that. But Obama had the opportunity because Republicans, both in the White House and in Congress, blew it. Bush had a approval rating around 20% going into into Election Day, and the economy sucked. Bush was on TV almost every day talking about the bad economy and the massively unpopular bailout package. McCain ran almost 30 points ahead of Bush, and you can't ask much more of a candidate than that.

Every point I made echoes what Dick Morris and Newt Gingrich have been saying. I'm not saying it because I think they're always right... but I do think they are this time.

Republicans have to do better, and they will. :)

I value your opinion Iz and I'm not saying there is NO truth in what you're saying...just that I consider the media went nutz on Bush for a long, long time...and made things appear a lot worse than they actually were.

...and I don't think the economy is quite as bad as portrayed in the media. Perhaps it was worse in certain parts of the country...like Ohio for instance...which is nothing new...I could never make a living in Ohio which is why I moved back and forth between Ohio and Florida most of my adult life.

I've lived in Texas for the past 8 years...and it's been OK here...for the most part anyway..we felt a couple crunches here and there...but we've managed. My husband's company had a massive lay-off a few years ago...but they recovered and are doing well....hope we can still say the same after Obama takes office. My husband works for a family owned business...which might be hit pretty hard if Obama has his way regarding taxes and the Oil Industry.

I do think you are ABSOLUTELY right though about the Reps needing to get it together...and I hope you're also right...that they will...:)

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I'm deeply cynical of media documentaries like this. Because they generally reflect the attitudes of the people making them.

The voters are suposedly intelligent voters, yet there is nothing within the documentary that outlines their credentials. Who says they are actual Obama supporters, the people making the documentary

After an experience with the media in which the footage was skewed in the worst way possible to sell maximum air time and reflected nothing of the actual reality of what was happening at the time, like I said, I'm deeply cynical of the accuracy of these types of media documentaries.

I agree with you for the most part and had the only info presented been the video...I wouldn't have posted it.

However...the Zogby poll was also included which I consider quite an accurate and reliable source....and more note worthy than the video.

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
That was just disgusting and frightening too. It merely confirms what I have been saying all along. These people have no idea what they have done, none.

Sealacamp
Zogby's Poll pretty much verifies most people had no idea what was going on...which in a strange way makes me feel a bit better...

...I couldn't understand how people could vote for Obama...knowing what we know about him...well...apparently...few people knew anything at all.

Now...my heart is still fractured over the spiritual ramifications and the unimaginable level of deception and manipulation involved here...

...but there is a small measure of consolation that people voted him into office blindly...rather than knowledgeably and callously.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you for the most part and had the only info presented been the video...I wouldn't have posted it.

However...the Zogby poll was also included which I consider quite an accurate and reliable source....and more note worthy than the video.

Duh woops. That will teach me not to watch the video all the way through.

Whats a Zogby Poll?

Not from the US, so dont really know the terms

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Duh woops. That will teach me not to watch the video all the way through.

Whats a Zogby Poll?

Not from the US, so dont really know the terms

It's like the Gallup poll and such...It's one of the more reputable polls IMO.

If you scroll further down...past the video...you'll see the Zogby poll results.

Upvote 0

everhopeful

Nov 7, 2008
United States of America
✟15,238.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...and I don't think the economy is quite as bad as portrayed in the media. Perhaps it was worse in certain parts of the country...like Ohio for instance...which is nothing new...I could never make a living in Ohio which is why I moved back and forth between Ohio and Florida most of my adult life.

We live in Ohio. I've been here all of my life. My husband works at a steel mill. Right now, they're still hanging in there.

Personally, I know one sweet, supposedly conservative Christian woman who voted for Obama. She spends a great deal of her time watching television, especially the cable intensive political channels. I was greatly saddened by her decision to vote the way she did.

Upvote 0

hocuspocus

Nov 17, 2008
✟7,614.00
Faith
Atheist
If you think a random selection of McCain voters would have done any better with equivalent questions designed to test their knowledge, I think I am safe in saying that you would be sorely mistaken. The US population is roughly split among parties, and the people that make up each party do so for similar reasons (primarily due to parental influence).

Further, the questions asked were out of context and some were arguably false.

I just looked through the zogby poll results, and it is obvious that the video is extremely lopsided. They show a group of people answering just about every question incorrectly, when the poll results say otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nadiine

Apr 14, 2006
Obama: 53% deserve him ;)
✟292,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you think a random selection of McCain voters would have done any better with equivalent questions designed to test their knowledge, I think I am safe in saying that you would be sorely mistaken. The US population is roughly split among parties, and the people that make up each party do so for similar reasons (primarily due to parental influence).

I just looked through the zogby poll results, and it is obvious that the video is extremely lopsided. They show a group of people answering just about every question incorrectly, when the poll results say otherwise.
This is called deflection - facts are facts.

One note, the congregational areas are not open to everyone to post in other than basic fellowship posts.
:)

Reactions: PeacaHeaven
Upvote 0

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think you are only fooling yourself.

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but this was the one that seemed most relevant... is it true that Obama is appearing increasingly conservative? I heard complaints and mutterings, but the extreme left love a good moan, so I didn't put too much stock in it.

Would be very pleased to see him become more central :clap:

Upvote 0

Cris413

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2007
Texas
✟56,828.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for reviving such an old thread, but this was the one that seemed most relevant... is it true that Obama is appearing increasingly conservative? I heard complaints and mutterings, but the extreme left love a good moan, so I didn't put too much stock in it.

Sadly or gladly...depending on one's perspective...what it takes to get elected and what it takes to actually run the country can be two different things.

I think Obama is coming to the understanding of the REALITY of what it takes to keep this country going...so yes...it does seem he's taking a more conservative approach on some things.

I for one am glad he's rethinking some of his political agenda, particularly toward the economy.

I'm still not a fan of his and pretty skeptical of his ability to lead this country anywhere but down into the pit...but I respect that he is at least looking at things based on reality...and not stubbornly standing by "the give them what they want to hear" campaigning he did.

Hmmm...OR perhaps all the prayers of of those who belong to Christ are being heard....it could happen...:)

Reactions: GreenMunchkin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sadly or gladly...depending on one's perspective...what it takes to get elected and what it takes to actually run the country can be two different things.

I think Obama is coming to the understanding of the REALITY of what it takes to keep this country going...so yes...it does seem he's taking a more conservative approach on some things.

I for one am glad he's rethinking some of his political agenda, particularly toward the economy.

I'm still not a fan of his and pretty skeptical of his ability to lead this country anywhere but down into the pit...but I respect that he is at least looking at things based on reality...and not stubbornly standing by "the give them what they want to hear" campaigning he did.

Hmmm...OR perhaps all the prayers of of those who belong to Christ are being heard....it could happen...:)
Definitely the latter. Tis God being all wonderful and Goddy :clap: He really can move mountains, can't He :) Finding it really reassuring, actually. God is good. Cheers, sis :hug:

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Even if he would start governing in the middle, the House is liberal.
(I no longer call them Democrat. Liberals appears to have hijacked the party).

And if the House and Senate are liberal, how could Obama possibly govern in the middle?

Of course, now that he is privvied to certain data, he sees that the Republicans are not necessrily wrong in all things. And he will do some things that the Republicans were doing.
A minor example.
I remember when Clinton became a President, one of the first things he did was to attempt to have women to also enlist in the Navy.
He probably figured, if they serve in the Army, why not Navy?
Then they showed him how cramped the sleeping quarters were, he changed his mind.

Unless Obama is a superman and could do without a support of his Liberal party leaders in House and Senate, I simply do not see how he could govern in the middle.

It should be a very interesting presidency to observe.

But the media is the issue that should be handled by the population.
How? I do not know yet.

In my opinion, media was not "enamored" by Obama as presented in the OP, but has an agenda to promote Obama.
Something appears to be behind such an orchestrated effort.
They did not even care about low ratings and NY Times did not even care about it circulation going down!

To me, this looks like something is very sneeky going on.

Thanks, :)
Ed

Upvote 0

Bace

Mar 8, 2008
✟7,953.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, if the country does godown the toilet, at least mccain supporters can tell liberals "You helped screw things up and now you expect the (politically) consevatives to throw you a ladder dwon the pit so you can climb out? Better start begging!" Ok i doubt anyone but my family would really say that, just a little humor. :p

Upvote 0

HumbleServant94

Miami Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
my house
✟8,347.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On November 4th, 2008 millions of Americans were shocked that a man of Barack Obama's limited experience, extreme liberal positions and radical political alliances could be elected President of the United States. For many of these Americans, the explanation was rather simple... the news media, completely enamored with Obama, simply refused to do their job.

On Election day twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

Follow the link to see the video and read the Zogby poll.

Interesting stuff...very eye opening.

http://www.howobamagotelected.com/

Okay...this is just sad. These people didn't even know that Joe Biden said that.

Upvote 0