Bentonville
✟8,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you feel working 40 hours a week important to god? (I know bible says 6 days which most people in America have 5 day work week)Or if you are able working part time maybe four days out of the week enough or does god want more in your opinion, I do know paul talks about working in bible but just wanted people on here, thoughts on how much god wants us to work, thank you for input

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you feel working 40 hours a week important to god? (I know bible says 6 days which most people in America have 5 day work week)Or if you are able working part time maybe four days out of the week enough or does god want more in your opinion, I do know paul talks about working in bible but just wanted people on here, thoughts on how much god wants us to work, thank you for input

When Paul spoke of work it was in the context of the early Christians living together communally. Everyone was expected to pull their own weight, and anyone who didn't wasn't allowed to eat of the communal food. Nowadays you can work as much or as little as you want, but with the caveat of not being slothful or lazy. If you are goofing off when you're supposed to be working it is considered stealing from your employer.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,930,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello @cjomkr, as @HTacianas has already pointed out, how many hours you put in each week is adiaphora (between you, your conscience, and the Holy Spirit). I agree with HTacianas' "caveat" as well (which makes an important qualification to the adiaphora).

God bless you!!

--David
p.s. - since I see that this is your first post, I should also say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:, thank you for joining in the discussions with us, and HAPPY NEW YEAR too :)

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit, soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Upvote 0