How much harder is college/university than high school?

God saves

Feb 11, 2019
China
✟44,440.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lots of good info already posted.

Applying to a university by their deadlines may not automatically guarantee acceptance into that institution.

Noticed some mentioned taking longer than 4 years for various reasons to complete the degree. When you enroll, the current issue of the university's catalog is a vital book for you. It includes how long you have to finish classes to obtain a degree before the criteria could possibly change. However, if you lack successful completion of one specific class, you can request an exception but I wouldnt count on an appeal.

Try to attend classes especially in the beginning of the term to get your course syllabus. It will state what your instructor expects - assignments can be deleted but there shouldn't be any additions. However, encourage prudence if going to the dean concerning a professor. If "reserved library materials" will need to be viewed, know some folks steal them or remove them fr9m the library for a few days. Also, would keep a copy of all assignments submitted.

Additionally, if you're a scholarship recipient, be aware of the conditions such as what grades have to be maintained or the sum could have to be repaid even if it's your last educational term.

Find a church is good advice already posted.
I’m graduating soon, but thank you for the advice! I’m sure it’ll help someone else if they see it!

Upvote 0

PaulChilds

Nov 21, 2022
Chicago
✟13,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lots of good info already posted.

Applying to a university by their deadlines may not automatically guarantee acceptance into that institution.

Noticed some mentioned taking longer than 4 years for various reasons to complete the degree. When you enroll, the current issue of the university's catalog is a vital book for you. It includes how long you have to finish classes to obtain a degree before the criteria could possibly change. However, if you lack successful completion of one specific class, you can request an exception but I wouldnt count on an appeal.

Try to attend classes especially in the beginning of the term to get your course syllabus. It will state what your instructor expects - assignments can be deleted but there shouldn't be any additions. However, encourage prudence if going to the dean concerning a professor. If "reserved library materials" will need to be viewed, know some folks steal them or remove them fr9m the library for a few days. Also, would keep a copy of all assignments submitted.

Additionally, if you're a scholarship recipient, be aware of the conditions such as what grades have to be maintained or the sum could have to be repaid even if it's your last educational term.
And also, be careful about the deadlines. Sometimes there are a lot of tasks to do, and it cannot be enough time. And if you're a procrastinator, then you have to make sure everything is under control because missing a deadline is easy. For me, it's always hard to write papers, and I always postpone that process. This week I almost missed the deadline, but thanks to this service https://edubirdie.com/essay-writers-for-hire I managed to send the paper on time. The writers literally saved me from missing the deadline, and I was lucky to find such help so fast. And now, I am trying to be more careful because I don't want to risk my reputation.
Find a church is good advice already posted.
Those are very good points. Especially about the scholarship. I know a few cases when a student got a scholarship but wasn't dedicating enough effort to their studies and failed a few courses. And, of course, it wasn't good for him, and there were consequences.
And what about me, I think for me it was harder to be a uni student. I had more discipline, more tasks to do, and some extra activities. But after some time, I adapted, and for me, uni was no different than school.

Upvote 0

emi00PM

Mar 6, 2024
Texas
✟576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s harder but more enjoyable than high school because you take less classes and pick a lot of them. Consider the job prospects, but pick something you would truly be passionate about for a major because it will take up much of your time if you want to succeed.

Upvote 0