pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should be those who always pursue Christ and give Him the first place in all things.
I like this hymn - it tells how we can follow Him and love Him and grow more in His life:

I have found that listening to hymn CDs can help me to keep my mind set on the Lord.

Take Time to Behold Him

1. Take time to behold Him,
Speak oft with Thy Lord,
Abide in Him always,
And feed on His Word.
Wait thou in His presence,
Submissive and meek,
Forgetting in nothing
His blessing to seek.

2. Take time to behold Him,
The world rushes on;
Spend much time in secret
With Jesus alone.
By looking to Jesus
Like Him thou shalt be;
Thy friends, in thy conduct,
His likeness shall see.

3. Take time to behold Him,
Let Him be thy guide;
And run not before Him
Whatever betide;
In joy or in sorrow
Still follow thy Lord,
And, looking to Jesus,
Still trust in His Word.

4. Take time to behold Him,
Be calm in thy soul,
Each thought and each temper
Beneath His control.
Thus led by His Spirit
To fountains of love,
Thou then shalt be fitted
His mercy to prove.

http://www.hymns.net/lyrics/index.htm#t

Upvote 0

Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good post. :thumbsup:

Before I do anything else, I start each day with God in prayer and studying the scriptures. If I don't do that, then my whole day feels wasted. I even get sad about it.

The way I see it, God is truly awesome in what He does, what He says, what He's going to do in the future (and I'm not talking about just the end times) and more importantly, for who He is. The only way I'm able to tell God just how much I love and appreciate Him is through the Holy Spirit. No words from my own human perspective can express that. It's just that deep and He knows it.

So how much do I love God? I love Him like He loves His children. :D

Upvote 0

elsbeth

Out of my mind...back in 5 Minutes.
Oct 26, 2006
AZ
Visit site
✟8,929.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not enough. There is another thread running about making decision based on what we want the most, and it made me think about how often I choose, in small ways, to do things I know I shouldn't when I know God tells me I should choose better.
Lord help me to choose His way instead of my own.

Upvote 0

ArmoredTruth

Jan 5, 2007
✟15,444.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love God so much that I put my faith in trust in Him daily. He is constantly on my mind. I make mistakes and what bothers me most is that I can't see his face or here his voice when I ask for forgiveness. I want to see his reaction to me asking for forgiveness to know that my Father is taking care of me. I know He will end up taking care of me in the long run, but I seek immediate results because my love for Him is impatient. I worry about the worlds lack of strife for Jesus. Being that I am a seeker of God, when the world asks me to make quick decisions that may not pertain to the LORD, I worry about what hasty worldly decision I might make. For example: My bosses son asked me real quick to do something for his probation officer when she calls. Immediatly I became suspect that I was being rushed to make a decision that may not be right in Gods sight. Turns out he just wanted me to give her his other phone number so she could reach him. I thought maybe he was going to ask me to lie and say he was some place he wasn't. The fact that he was my bosses son made me feel uncomfortable that he would ask me to do something not job related. I do, however, want to be helpful to others. I fear their lack of strife for God would put me in a confusing situation when I turn Adam down because I don't think the Lord would approve my choice. Luckily nothing he asked of me was wrong. Perhaps this fault of mine is where I need more growth in the Lord to guide me through these situations.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.