How many times have you read the entire bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I really do not know. There are various ways to consider this. Some people say that to read the entire Bible means to start at Genesis and read it through to Revelation. Others consider reading different parts of it over time.
I recently downloaded the entire Bible on MP3 and am listening to it and following along in my large print KJV.
No notes or marking... just listen and follow along.
You can download the entire OT and NT from:
http://www.audiotreasure.com/indexKJV.htm

Really great!!

Upvote 0

Curt

Curt
Jan 26, 2004
Puyallup, Washington
✟792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For the last 5 years I have been keeping track, and I have read it thru 5 times a year. That rate was pretty much the same for I don't know how may years before because I wasn't recording it then. I have been reading it continuously for 30 years, and so have no idea of the total number of times I have read it thru. But one thing I do know I will never stop reading it. It comprises at least 95% of my reading time. Most of my prayer time, and all my meditation time. I divided it up into 3 sections of OT and 2 of The NT and read at least 3 chapters in each section. This is one of the most important things about The Bible, you need it all in order to obey God's commandment to understand Bible Doctrine the only True Doctrine by precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little there a little.

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kurt,

Praise God that you've done that!! How I wish I could do that! But how do you do it?? I try to read the Bible at least once a year, in addition to meditating and reading specific verses or teachings (although I do spend a good amount on the computer doing research and preparing teachings). These days, with a 4yo son running around, my 'serious' Bible time's been largely limited to before bedtime.

As an aside, given the current popularity of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, I sometimes wonder how many times Christian fans have raced through the books in a matter of weeks, but have been 'stuck' on the Book of Numbers for months!

Upvote 0

ChristsChick

Jan 26, 2004
N. Ireland
✟8,484.00
Faith
Christian
I have read the Bible cover to cover twice...currently on my third time. But I also take sections and study them more closely, so it's probably more than that altogether. I think for me it's important to read the Bible the whole way through from start to end so I know the general stories, I know what happens, and so when I go to study bits of it in more details I can take it in context with the whole Bible.

Upvote 0

Curt

Curt
Jan 26, 2004
Puyallup, Washington
✟792.00
Faith
Non-Denom
andry said:
Kurt,

Praise God that you've done that!! How I wish I could do that! But how do you do it?? I try to read the Bible at least once a year, in addition to meditating and reading specific verses or teachings (although I do spend a good amount on the computer doing research and preparing teachings). These days, with a 4yo son running around, my 'serious' Bible time's been largely limited to before bedtime.

As an aside, given the current popularity of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, I sometimes wonder how many times Christian fans have raced through the books in a matter of weeks, but have been 'stuck' on the Book of Numbers for months!

I am glad you asked, I am retired, so I have the time. I got rid of my Television, put away my library of Mens knowledge of The Bible, and God. Use my concordance only for the prupose of the meaning of names of people or places. I divide The Bible into 3 sections Old Testament, and 2 New testament, and after I pray in the mornig for at least 2 hours, I read at least 3 chapters in each division so that I will have a well ballanced diet. I have lost interest in the things of the world, and I join David in saying I love God's Word, and delight in it. I do my best to practice His presence at all times. And what a joy it is to see how I am truly a living epistle like Paul says. I only wish I could say that is true 100% of the time, not there yet but I will stay the course till I get there, That's the prime goal of the rest of my life. I love The Lord with all the love that I am capable of giving, because He took me from being one of satans closest clones to a new beginning, and having walked in an exact image of satan, and knowing that God is more powerful, I will take up my cross and follow Him until I am doing what He sent me to do in John the 17th which means in the same way God sent Him. And I can get pretty excited about doing everything He did while He was here. I have been blessed to have done some of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.