Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I would like to know how many pages should each chapter have? I enjoy writing short stories and have done some in the past, but will be rewriting them as they were quite basic and only a few pages long. I'm thinking of doing six chapters per story.

I don't believe there is any rule, but I try not to go over five pages per chapter. I've also had two page chapters, usually three page chapters, and on very rare occasions one page, and all are not unique. So feel free to break it up however you like, as long as the continuity is there.

Best regards,

The Guide

Upvote 0

Winter_Rose

Feb 7, 2016
United Kingdom
✟21,473.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe there is any rule, but I try not to go over five pages per chapter. I've also had two page chapters, usually three page chapters, and on very rare occasions one page, and all are not unique. So feel free to break it up however you like, as long as the continuity is there.

Best regards,

The Guide

Thank you. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, I would like to know how many pages should each chapter have? I enjoy writing short stories and have done some in the past, but will be rewriting them as they were quite basic and only a few pages long. I'm thinking of doing six chapters per story.
There are actually some famous, published writers that have written short stories which are so short that there are no chapter divisions, in some cases. The chapter divisions are really for convenience, if there is a natural break in the narrative.

Upvote 0