How many of us see the effects of Francis' confusion on our individual parishes?

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I ask this because in my line of work I have to notice every bit of news that comes out of the Vatican, and honestly I wish I didn't. Because if I didn't I'd probably never know about his encyclical(s), and frankly his confusion and brinkmanship isn't reflected at the parish level in my experience. So for better or worse, ignorance is bliss.

Am I a unique case or is it the same for you guys as well?

It almost has me wondering if the situation would invert if we had a better pope; if we had an orthodox Catholic as pope would it inherently provoke more attacks on individual parishes in different ways (physical, political, civil, legal etc).

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I ask this because in my line of work I have to notice every bit of news that comes out of the Vatican, and honestly I wish I didn't. Because if I didn't I'd probably never know about his encyclical(s), and frankly his confusion and brinkmanship isn't reflected at the parish level in my experience. So for better or worse, ignorance is bliss.

Am I a unique case or is it the same for you guys as well?

It almost has me wondering if the situation would invert if we had a better pope; if we had an orthodox Catholic as pope would it inherently provoke more attacks on individual parishes in different ways (physical, political, civil, legal etc).
The effect on parishes is probably minimal. Not nothing though. Last month several of us in a parish group talked about pope Francis after one person (not me) brought up the confusion and chaos that originates with him. I think pope John Paul II had a large positive effect. I think pope Francis has had a small negative effect. Praying was the conclusion of our little group.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The effect on parishes is probably minimal. Not nothing though. Last month several of us in a parish group talked about pope Francis after one person (not me) brought up the confusion and chaos that originates with him. I think pope John Paul II had a large positive effect. I think pope Francis has had a small negative effect. Praying was the conclusion of our little group.
Boy the good priests out there really have their work cut out for them guiding and comforting parishioners.

Saint John Vianney, pray for us.

Upvote 0