How many non-Christians here have received Jesus because of these forums?

raffster

Unabashed Truth
Sep 29, 2004
Somewhere
✟8,277.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am just curious as to how many non-Christians in the group have actually received Jesus, converted or "included" Christianity in your spiritual journey because of your participation in these forums? Absolute honesty is necessary here because I believe that those who are aspiring evangelists should know if they're actually doing a good job or not.

Islam_mulia

Senior Veteran
Jan 17, 2005
✟6,323.00
Faith
Muslim
raffster said:
I am just curious as to how many non-Christians in the group have actually received Jesus, converted or "included" Christianity in your spiritual journey because of your participation in these forums? Absolute honesty is necessary here because I believe that those who are aspiring evangelists should know if they're actually doing a good job or not.
The more you read what Chrsitians say about Jesus, the more you will find that Jesus role has been much misunderstood and misnterpreted by Christians themselves.

Upvote 0

Druweid

{insert witty phrase}
Aug 13, 2005
Massachusetts
✟19,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
raffster said:
My personal beliefs are the same as they have always been.

Respectfully,
-- Druweid

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The more you read what Chrsitians say about Jesus, the more you will find that Jesus role has been much misunderstood and misnterpreted by Christians themselves.
Actually, this forum shows the confusion of Christianity itself, without proving Jesus and The Bible. A lot of unbelievers may come to christianity, but how many leave it after a period of time,so I would like to strenghthen the Faith of those that do come to Jesus the Christ of the Bible. Thoughts?

zeph 1:14 The great day of the LORD [is] near; [It is] near and hastens quickly. The noise of the day of the LORD is bitter; There the Mighty Men shall cry out. 15 That day [is] a day of wrath, A day of Trouble and Distress, A day of devastation and desolation, A day of darkness and gloominess, A day of clouds and thick darkness, 16 A day of trumpet and alarm Against the fortified cities And against the high towers. 17 "I will bring distress upon men, And they shall walk like blind men, Because they have sinned against the LORD; Their blood shall be poured out like dust, And their flesh like refuse." 18 Neither their silver nor their gold Shall be able to deliver them In the day of the LORD's Wrath; But the whole land shall be devoured By the fire of His jealousy, For He will make speedy riddance Of all those who dwell in the land.

Luke 21:23 "But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and Wrath upon this people.

Upvote 0

ReBjorn

All your base are belong to us
Dec 29, 2004
✟15,972.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Make a poll instead, is my recommendation.

And I'd like to say that I'm not surprised if the number isn't too high. Many here has good knowledge and make a good case, but all over there's too much arguing. And remember, it is not good to have zeal without knowledge.

Upvote 0
G

Gomez

raffster said:

Yeah, you should've made a poll. I'm guessing not to many people here have converted to Christiany. Most of us left christianity before we came here.

Upvote 0

raffster

Unabashed Truth
Sep 29, 2004
Somewhere
✟8,277.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Gomez said:
Yeah, you should've made a poll. I'm guessing not to many people here have converted to Christiany. Most of us left christianity before we came here.

Eeek looks like it's too late to turn this thread into a poll. I'll probably make one up in a bit.

Keep em coming though.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hope that is included in the poll. :wave:

Matt 22:38 "This is [the] first and great commandment. 39 "And [the] second [is] like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' 40 "On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tocis

Warrior of Thor
Jul 29, 2004
Northern Germany
✟18,466.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
raffster said:

I don't know of anyone, though of course I hardly know everyone here.
In fact, I consider it much more likely that non-christians feel repelled by the resident fundamentalists with their cookie-cutter dogma postings. Blindly preaching and then being unable to give any reasonable answer to the questions of the skeptics doesn't exactly reflect positively on the fundies (okay) and all christians (definitely not okay).

Of course there are many many forums where the "fundie quota" is much higher, so this is decidedly not the worst place to be. :D

Upvote 0

raffster

Unabashed Truth
Sep 29, 2004
Somewhere
✟8,277.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
tocis said:
I don't know of anyone, though of course I hardly know everyone here.
In fact, I consider it much more likely that non-christians feel repelled by the resident fundamentalists with their cookie-cutter dogma postings. Blindly preaching and then being unable to give any reasonable answer to the questions of the skeptics doesn't exactly reflect positively on the fundies (okay) and all christians (definitely not okay).

Of course there are many many forums where the "fundie quota" is much higher, so this is decidedly not the worst place to be. :D

I cannot agree less. Christians who cannot explain themselves outside the spectrum of scriptural citation SHOULD NOT and HAVE NO business evangelizing. Even non-believers can site Scripture but it takes a mature Christian to preach without sounding "preachie" and actually manifest scriptural truth.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Gardenia said:
I have not come any closer to becoming Christian since coming here, and in fact, have been pushed farther away from ever wanting to become Christian because of many of the 'aspiring evangelists' here.
One thing we can say here though is the Gospel is not "unknown", but I haven't been led to go to the deepest darkest parts of the world with the Gospel just yet. :wave:

evangelist
a "publisher of glad tidings;" a missionary preacher of the gospel (Eph. 4:11).
This title is applied to Philip (Acts 21:8), who appears to have gone from city
to city preaching the word (8:4, 40). Judging from the case of Philip,
evangelists had neither the authority of an apostle, nor the gift of prophecy,
nor the responsibility of pastoral supervision over a portion of the flock.
They were itinerant preachers, having it as their special function to carry the
gospel to places where it was previously unknown. The writers of the four
Gospels are known as the Evangelists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know of one person who has become a Christian after he joined the forum. He came here briefly, already under conviction, asked some questions, and became a believer in a few days. I PM'd him, talked with him for awhile, and in the end, I advised him to leave the forum. I told him to Study, learn God's word, grow in faith, then, please return because we needed strong Christians here. This is definitely not the place for infant Christians.

Lisa

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lisa0315 said:
I know of one person who has become a Christian after he joined the forum. He came here briefly, already under conviction, asked some questions, and became a believer in a few days. I PM'd him, talked with him for awhile, and in the end, I advised him to leave the forum. I told him to Study, learn God's word, grow in faith, then, please return because we needed strong Christians here. This is definitely not the place for infant Christians.

Lisa
Great idea. Also, he could even avoid going to "church" for a few months while reading the Bible. It was 6 months before I stepped into a church after the Lord entered by life about 3 yrs ago, and the spiritual "adrenaline" I had was pretty overwhelming at times.. Nice post. :wave:

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LittleLambofJesus said:
Great idea. Also, he could even avoid going to "church" for a few months while reading the Bible. It was 6 months before I stepped into a church after the Lord entered by life about 3 yrs ago. Nice post. :wave:

Well, I do not believe that a new believer should forsake church. I think this is one of the best places a person can learn about God. However, people's circumstances are different. This man had already found a church, had initially started taking his children to Sunday School for "their sake", and while there, He found God! It was a pretty moving story.

Upvote 0
C

Cerberus~

I've done this topic several times in GA, polls and all.

The only person I know of here who converted to Christianity during his time here, the only one to vote so in my poll, is Arnakin, I think that's his name. But he converted to a liberal denomination, and even said this site had no bearing in his dicision to become Christian.

I think about 12 others voted that they had deconverted since coming here, some made sure to say this place has played a part in their deconversion.

I'll try and find the thread, the results were very telling, and pretty predicable. I've done this topic several times in GA, polls and all.

The only person I know of here who converted to Christianity during his time here, the only one to vote so in my poll, is Arnakin, I think that's his name. But he converted to a liberal denomination, and even said this site had no bearing in his dicision to become Christian.

I think about 12 others voted that they had deconverted since coming here, some made sure to say this place has played a part in their deconversion.

I'll try and find the thread, the results were very telling, and pretty predicable.

Upvote 0