How many here had the bible "come alive" for them when they were born again?

Oneofhope

Oct 27, 2022
Nowhere
✟31,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
My question is regarding falling into sin or disobedience, I find it difficult to understand your view that in this case a person has the spirit of darkness and not the spirit of light.

Its ok. We'll run across each other and this topic later (again) I'm sure. :)

If God finishes the work he's begun in a person, then how is it possible for believers to "fall away" from the faith?

I don't believe that the context of the Bible suggests that one with genuine Faith can fall away. But if others believe that they can, I can certainly understand why.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ask Him to make/have His word come alive to you. You ask according to what He said. You ask knowing He heard you, knowing He has made it come to life. Did He not say what ever you ask in prayer believe you receive it you shall have it. There is no time and space when we pray. When we pray He hears and answers before we finish asking. We forget this. Asking for His word to come alive is in line with the word. It is what He wants. He is that word that word is alive. Luke 11:13 :) if He said it that was enough for me. Remember what He has done for one He will do for all. There is no one more special then the other.

I have asked a lot but there's the blockage of fear I think due to past trauma (personal and religious) I have had spiritual attacks in the last year and also other stuff going on from the past so I don't know if it's all in the right timing or not... getting out of "the world" mentally has been like being extracted from a sticky web of deceit :help:

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard this happens to people, but I've yet to meet any personally and it hasn't happened to me... the only part of scripture I completely understand and affected my heart are the 4 Gospels. The rest is still the same old book it was when I grew up in religion.

Did you have it come alive for you when you were born again, did it reveal something you hadn't seen in it previously?
When i First started Reading the OT, it was the stuff made of nightmares but as i got further into it.
It occurred to me how strongly the LORD loves his children,
His patience and love is so immense it's impossible for me to fathom the extent of it,
even knowing all that we'd do throughout all this time he still created us, still loved us, still has fought for all of us and even came down to die for us.
Simply Amazing,
Constant Reminder of how unworthy I am.

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I grew up in a Christain home, so the bible was readily available, mostly for me at the time kids' bibles. The stories always fascinated me, but I can't say I had a real understanding of the deepness of scripture. I know during my teenage years I did not really understand that repentance was important, I knew about God but did not really know Him. Even when I first made a commitment to Jesus I can't say I really understood everything. It has only been after years of struggle in my personal walk that I have come to understand and know the bible in more depth.

• Friendly
Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

epilla

Jan 16, 2023
Sea Girt
✟7,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust me, there was nothing "cool" about the experience as it felt as if the "world as I knew it" was disintegrating around me... I've come to realise now that our view of "reality" is very linear... Many of us are blind to the fact that reality is duality, natural and supernatural exists simultaneously.
I am glad the worst of those experiences are over now because I much prefer a calm and simple life (although that's far from the truth of our world, I know).

God had done exactly this in the beginning (gave me a new heart) all the bitterness and unforgiveness I was holding on to I didn't realise until I asked him to help me, I went to sleep and woke up and felt like my heart did as a child. It was amazing...

Do you think that sanctification/circumcision is immediate upon coming to Christ or is it a process? I'm beginning to think it depends on the individual how God transforms each one. Do you think someone can quench the Holy Spirit and continue in their own will at any point, or do you believe once God starts a work in us he finishes it?
For myself, it’s been 18 year process, and so far. I’m still learning everyday. It can be scary snd lonely at times, without a forum such as this, but it’s pretty incredible too.

• Friendly
Reactions: YahuahSaves
Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and so far. I’m still learning everyday.
That's the process of sanctification^ it's a process for everyone. It can be a struggle at times, I agree. But without trials there's no growing and changing, right? :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even when I first made a commitment to Jesus I can't say I really understood everything. It has only been after years of struggle in my personal walk that I have come to understand and know the bible in more depth.
Yep :oldthumbsup: it's a process for sure...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I've heard this happens to people, but I've yet to meet any personally and it hasn't happened to me... the only part of scripture I completely understand and affected my heart are the 4 Gospels. The rest is still the same old book it was when I grew up in religion.

Did you have it come alive for you when you were born again, did it reveal something you hadn't seen in it previously?
I received Christ in a Pentecostal church in 1966. For the next two years I tried my best to be the best Pentecostal Christian I could. But at the end of two years I became dissatisfied because I had been introduced to the religious side of the church, but no one had been able to introduce me to the God behind it all. I decided, when I went home to my parent's on holiday, to go out into the middle of a inner city golf course near my home to find out whether God was really there. I looked up into the starry sky and said to the Lord that He was out there somewhere within the sound of my voice. I said, "I am introducing myself to you. I am Paul and you are God, and I am very glad to meet you." Immediately I felt all lit up like Times Square, and knew that God was very real. He started to speak to my heart to show me how to be a real Christian. The result is that the Bible became a very different book, and I started to discover what it was really saying. I was understanding the true message of the Bible for the first time and that understanding has remained with me ever since. So, yes, the Bible became a new book for me when I established true fellowship with the Lord in the middle of that golf course in 1969.

Upvote 0