• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How long since you last self injured? (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tolstoy

Feb 6, 2011
La Crosse, WI, USA
✟15,144.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Monday evening, (3/14) I did it after nearly two months (minus three days-ish) free. I know I'm a lot better off than a lot of people in regards to this issue. But I'm trying so hard to stop, and I keep cutting again, regretting it and beating myself up emotionally for doing it, swearing never to do it again, then getting anxious/stressed/overwhelmed and going back to it. It's so frustrating. I want to be done with this for good before I go to law school, so I'm more stable when I start my career. But apparently, I'm just not strong enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It has been several weeks. I think I am coming right! Pretty silly that a women my age has done it. I am 48 and started about 10 years ago. I am glad I found this resource.

:hug:
I'm 44, and I know how you feel... people assume that cutting is a teenager's problem!
But - age doesn't matter, it sounds as though you are doing really well.
You're in my prayers, sister - and if you need someone to talk to, please PM me.

Upvote 0

kdb890

Your Sister In Christ
Apr 25, 2011
McMinnville, Tennessee
Visit site
✟15,249.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The last time I cut was Friday night. My boyfriend broke up with my recently and I needed to do something to cope with it. I've now realized that this is God's plan for me and there's no point in harming my body, in ruining a temple created in God's image, when he has so many good things in store for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.