Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always think it's funny to think the person you're going to end up with is out there somewhere... It's quite exciting really! I wonder what they're doing, and if they're wondering who I am. :blush:

I can relate to that, been thinking that sometimes as well. Interesting things :)

Upvote 0

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
sometimes this site doesn't work

when you post something make sure the http hasn't got a s in it, that messes up the board so it should be http:// rather than https//

i just learn this lol

I always think it's funny to think the person you're going to end up with is out there somewhere... It's quite exciting really! I wonder what they're doing, and if they're wondering who I am. :blush:

Hahaha i do the same, actually when walking home last night, i could see the whole of Glasgow, we live on a high hill and i was like oh the one is out their tonight somewhere doing something... thought it was just me phew am not that mental lol

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Except for three months, I've been single my whole life. I'm on the fence about never bothering to get married or whatever, just because 40% of marriages end up in divorce, so they must not be that great. I mean, if you marry mr. perfect, then you're in luck! But the truth is there are all different types of relationships out there that don't involve sex that can still be close, that i wonder if it's really even worth it. It's a lot of commitment, and if you marry a jerk, then you have made your life just that much harder. Plus, there are just very few people I trust, and I don't know if I want to even bother finding another.

Upvote 0

hawkeyelovejs

Shine bright so others see Christ in you!
Oct 9, 2013
Midwestern girl!
✟7,902.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've been single 75 years now... Okay, I lied. I've been single for almost 6 years now.

I am not enjoying it. I really wanted to find someone to share my life with, but I am slowly giving up on that hope. Maybe it's just not in the cards for me, and I'm learning to accept that. It means God has a better plan. :)

I posted before I read the responses. This is a really fascinating thread, OP! Well done!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been single 75 years now... Okay, I lied. I've been single for almost 6 years now.

I am not enjoying it. I really wanted to find someone to share my life with, but I am slowly giving up on that hope. Maybe it's just not in the cards for me, and I'm learning to accept that. It means God has a better plan. :)

I posted before I read the responses. This is a really fascinating thread, OP! Well done!

To be honest, whenever I've given up has usually been when things come together. The harder we try the less likely we are to meet someone worthwhile. Plus meeting someone when you're in your thirties sounds great, because your past all the immature, pretentious nonsense and you can accept each other for who you really are. Now that's what I'm talking about! :)

Upvote 0

JackofSpades

Väinämöinen
May 10, 2014
✟1,792.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So how long have you been single ?

I have habit of developing relationships which are on grey zone, somewhere between friendship and relationship. Because of that, I can't really say how long I've been single.

Are you enjoying it ?

Yes. But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't enjoy relationship aswell. I just need good one to trade my comfortable single life away.

Or are so wanting to meet the person ?

I have heart for romantic tragedy, so I believe it's possible I've allready met her.

We probably met at some random street, accidentally made eye contact for second, and we both got mysterious "there is something different about this person, and I need to know what it is" - feeling, then we both were too busy (she) or too dumb (me) and ignored the feeling and went our separate ways and it was over before it ever started. I don't know her name and she doesn't know mine. The universe has decided not to forgive us our lack of situational awarness, and we will never get second chance to meet again and we're both doomed to be unhappy for rest of our lives. The end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mambo84

Jan 24, 2015
✟123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My whole life. I'm neurotic and lack confidence, especially anything to do with intimacy. God doesn't help and people at church make fun of me. I have absolutely no clue on how to be a man, which I've been told I'm not much of. I have found secular psychology to be more helpful recently than anything at church so I've pretty much given up on being a serious Christian. The Bible is full of backwards crap anyway, stoning women for premarital sex and obsessing over virginity. I don't know why I bother with it to be honest.

Upvote 0