India
✟42,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi All

One question is bugging my head

After Jesus is raised after 3 rd day of his crucification he appeared to many for few days and later He decided to ascend to heaven

How it happened? Before it happened Jesus said about accompany of holy spirit and then He ascended to heaven

Here my question comes

How it happened
Did he disappear all of sudden along with body
Or did he leave his body on earth and ascended to heaven with soul
Who was there with Jesus when he said about holy spirit
Who witnessed this
Is there any verse in bible which gives more clarity on this

Thanks in advance

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How it happened

When God spoke in Genesis 1, where nothing was, something appeared. How did that happen? :) He ascended by the power of God. What does that mean in full? I don't know, nobody knows at this time. We can guess but in the end the answer will be, "Because that was God's will." Beyond that, the exact way is happened? The power of God... there is no other answer.
Did he disappear all of sudden along with body
Or did he leave his body on earth and ascended to heaven with soul
They watched him go..
Act 1:9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel,
Act 1:11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven."

So they watched him go, and we will watch him return.

Who was there with Jesus when he said about holy spirit
Who witnessed this

Not sure of the verse you speak of, which one? Because my answer would simply be "his disciples."

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Acts 1 gives the story from Luke, and he seems pretty careful with his research. He went up, and a cloud received Him. This means He rose at least a couple hundred feet, and then vanished. "Heaven" is a tricky term in Greek, as well as in Hebrew; it is plural and can refer to any part of the visible sky, to the galaxy space, or to worlds that do not have physical reality as we know it. We do not know if He kept rising, or was translated to some other dimension. The reason for the speculation in my last sentence, is that Jesus is in heaven now,with a physical body, and that fact to me requires some scientific explaining..

Upvote 0