Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I met Jay when I was in 7th grade, in fact we were both in 7th grade. He was a football player that was incredibly shy, I was a tomboy that was a bit loud, I was also the football manager. He was the only guy on the team that would help me carry in the supplies, but for the longest time he wouldn't take off his helmet, yeah this guy was really shy! I had no idea that he was in my geography class until it was time to pick partners for the cultral fair that we did every year. He chose me as his partner, and we started talking, which is really hard to get him to do. We became really good friends, we only had one problem to over come, I wasn't saved and he was. He started worrying about be alot and developed an ulser, so for his health I ended our friendship. I was very upset that I did that, but I knew that if it were truly ment to be that he would come back into my life. He did several times. When we were freshmen I became a Christian, his father was there. But It wasn't until our junior year that we reallly started talking to eachother again, as friends. By the time we graduated, I knew that I was going to go to college, but he still wasn't sure what he was going to do. In October of 1999 he enlisted in the NAVY and I thought that my world was going to end. You see in high school I found all the wrong guys to date, and they abused me, Jay was the only guy that I could trust, he is still the only guy that I can fully trust. Well He came back between stations and I realized then that he was the only guy for me. But we didn't want to get involved with eachother at that time, so we made a deal that we would write to eachother, and we did. In November of 2001 he came home on a leave and fought God for a week, at the end God won, and we are now engaged to be married. He has recently gotten out of the NAVY and we are now getting ready for our wedding.

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
neat story
thumb.gif

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
iklepac13 said:
Big source of frustration between the ex and I. While she was frantically asking why I haven't bought a ring yet, I was calmly thinking "If we have to force this, is it meant to be?"

Ah... :o

Now whilst I agree with you, I admit that I came close to doing the same as your ex.

I think it has something to do with biological clocks, maternal instincts and the like. For me, I htought I had the perfect life, with a husband-shaped gap in it. And when the husband-person materialised, I concentrated on filling that gap, and forgot about the rest of my 'perfect life.'

BTW, regarding said relationship, we've regained perspective and I'm back to the 'If it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen' way of thinking...

Why can't life be easy? :sigh:

Upvote 0

Spicy McHaggis

I don't know nothin 'bout birthin no babies
Apr 30, 2002
Chicagoland
✟29,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
emmajane said:
Why can't life be easy? :sigh:

IMO, life is as serious as you take it.

I really got the impression that my XGF was more interested in the marriage than who she's marrying. Like I was the last piece of her puzzle that's getting crammed in wether I fit or not. And here I though marriage was the result of finding a person you can't bare to life without, not an objective to be calculated and expected.

Then again, this isn't the Emma and Ian show ;) , so we should stop bogarting the thread and if you like we can continue over a nice warm cup of "PM" instead.

eN

Upvote 0