How far can we go.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

danlutgen

Oct 7, 2005
✟15,206.00
Faith
Baptist
How far can we go as Christians when we are posting threads about things the Bible condemns. touching yourself threads and responces are way out of hand. The Bible says in Ephesians to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."(KJV) The world is going to hell in masses and we worry about these type of things. Why? Years ago men and women of God had power in life because of prayer and a deep love for God and His word.
We need to get right and post threads about Biblical things!

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
danlutgen said:
How far can we go as Christians when we are posting threads about things the Bible condemns. touching yourself threads and responces are way out of hand. The Bible says in Ephesians to "have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them."(KJV) The world is going to hell in masses and we worry about these type of things. Why? Years ago men and women of God had power in life because of prayer and a deep love for God and His word.

:amen:

Upvote 0

heartnsoul

Don't settle for less than God's best!
Nov 3, 2004
in the palm of God's hand
✟11,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's the problem that inflames threads is that people are arguing and debating over their own interpretations of the bible. Rather than argue about what the bible says, we should debate about what God would say. Because if we talk about God, then we are discussing everyone's personal testimonies and experiences with God rather than what a biography (bible) of God says. And personal testimonies of God's character and mercy is far more powerful than a biography AND testimonies cannot be debated. ;) That's the beauty and power of miracles. :preach:

Upvote 0

Jebediah

Senior Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
✟3,940.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
danlutgen said:

Ah, the "good ole days" argument. There were no good ole days, just differently bad days. History shows this to be true.

As to the threads...so we are supposed to avoid the real issues, which will always be controversial, so that people's sensibilities can be protected? There are rules for the board and many masturbation threads have come and gone. The ones that break the rules are made to go away by the mods, the ones that don't stay. Things are fine. If you have a problem with a post, report it to a mod and let them do their jobs.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Jebediah

Senior Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
✟3,940.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
VickiY said:
Speaking as a Mod, I'd much prefer that people stop, reread their words, and consider if they are truthful, Christlike, and necessary. Then the mods won't have to continually edit posts. ;)

lol Okay, I hadn't thought of that...mods are people, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daughterofzion

Love, Truth, Wisdom, Light, Understanding, Kindess
Apr 28, 2005
Michigan
✟13,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
danlutgen said:

I find it important to be able to open up about real life issues, daily issues with other believers. :o I agree that sometimes people get too carried away and focus more on "issues" than on being a light of love and grace! :amen:

Upvote 0

Grrr

Jan 9, 2006
California
✟193.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
danlutgen said:

If you have no fellowship with any of them and reprove all of them, then how are you ever going to minister and witness to them?!?!?!????? Coming from a person who has had struggles with sexual sin, I find it quite hurtful and offensive when others condemn, judge, criticize and harass other Christians who are trying to seek help for sin in their life that they already know is wrong. It doesnt make any of them feel any better about themselves or their problems. Its hard enough to open up and discuss it, but to have "Christians" talking badly about it doesnt help in any way, shape or form. And isn't sexual sin just as bad as any other sin??? Aren't all sins the same in God's eyes??? YES. Then why do we treat these types of sins so much more harshly and with so much more prejudice??? And as Christians, we need to be there to support and help each other through our trials to seek purity and God's will in our lives, not belittle those who are seeking guidance. I am deeply disturbed by the number of these types of post and threads in many forums throughout this site.

Upvote 0

Hitch2astar

Feb 9, 2005
✟8,617.00
Faith
Christian
heartnsoul said:
That's the problem that inflames threads is that people are arguing and debating over their own interpretations of the bible. Rather than argue about what the bible says, we should debate about what God would say. Because if we talk about God, then we are discussing everyone's personal testimonies and experiences with God rather than what a biography (bible) of God says. And personal testimonies of God's character and mercy is far more powerful than a biography AND testimonies cannot be debated. ;) That's the beauty and power of miracles. :preach:

I agree with you completely about arguing and testimonies, although the Bible is more than a biography.

Upvote 0

Hitch2astar

Feb 9, 2005
✟8,617.00
Faith
Christian
Grrr said:
If you have no fellowship with any of them and reprove all of them, then how are you ever going to minister and witness to them?!?!?!????? Coming from a person who has had struggles with sexual sin, I find it quite hurtful and offensive when others condemn, judge, criticize and harass other Christians who are trying to seek help for sin in their life that they already know is wrong. It doesnt make any of them feel any better about themselves or their problems. Its hard enough to open up and discuss it, but to have "Christians" talking badly about it doesnt help in any way, shape or form. And isn't sexual sin just as bad as any other sin??? Aren't all sins the same in God's eyes??? YES. Then why do we treat these types of sins so much more harshly and with so much more prejudice??? And as Christians, we need to be there to support and help each other through our trials to seek purity and God's will in our lives, not belittle those who are seeking guidance. I am deeply disturbed by the number of these types of post and threads in many forums throughout this site.

Aren't all sins the same in God's eyes???

there's some distinction.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

But on the whole I agree with what you're saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danlutgen

Oct 7, 2005
✟15,206.00
Faith
Baptist
Grrr said:
So what; instead of being sanctified we should just sin whatever because all sin is the same. What a bad outlook on the the Christian life. Paul said "Should we continue to sin that grace may abound. God forbid....(KJV)
Also if you have sin problems in this area get married "Its better to marry than burn."
I have no problems with issues it just the unchristian responces to the threads.

Upvote 0

VickiY

Jun 12, 2005
✟5,391.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Republican
:rules: This thread was not begun to turn into yet another debate on sexual sins.

*Please, before I need to put my Mod Hat on, remember that EVERY ONE OF US struggles with some temptation or other, and that we need to be constantly looking inward before giving our views on another PERSON. Let's try to keep things neutral, answering topics, and not responding to posters on a personal level.*

:groupray:

Upvote 0

indra_fanatic

Feb 12, 2005
Visit site
✟16,733.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hitch2astar said:
there's some distinction.

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. (1 Corinthians 6:18-20)

But on the whole I agree with what you're saying.

I think that all premeditated sins are judged more harshly than sins of simple human failure.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.